2010 Texas Longhorns thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    I'm really surprised Aaron Williams wasn't on this cover being that he could be the best prospect out of the 4.
    maybe he couldn't make the shoot?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Did ya'll see the ESPN Horns coverage last wk on CFB?

They predicted losses to 2 teams but I can't remember exactly who, Nebraska & somebody, either the Huskers & TAMU or the Huskers & Oklahoma. BTW they're picked behind the Sooners for the Big 12 South title, both have new QBs so maybe they think a healthy DeMarco Murray is the difference, I kind of doubt it. Oklahoma has the OL advantage but Texas has the better secondary & pass defense, Phil Steele lists the Horns secondary as best in the country.

Are you buying that? Also are they developing a ball control running game or depending on Gilbert's arm with new receivers? I can't see them keeping the same offense with those QB designed running plays they had for McCoy.

And I'm expecting great things from Sam Acho this yr, who Phil Steele's mag lists as a DT, I thought he was an OLB. Was he moved to DT?

Comment

SI Cover Curse?

I'm really surprised Aaron Williams wasn't on this cover being that he could be the best prospect out of the 4.
        Funny, I was looking at the SI CFB Preview edition yesterday & I'll swear I saw Boise St. on the cover. Must have been the West Coast edition.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post

And I'm expecting great things from Sam Acho this yr, who Phil Steele's mag lists as a DT, I thought he was an OLB. Was he moved to DT?
          Texas has Acho brothers on the team.

Sam Acho (Sr.) DE had 10 sacks last season and could possibly slide inside some to play DT a little this coming season. I'm not sure.

His younger brother Emmanual Acho (Jr.) is a BEAST OLB that has speed and the Texas website has him up to weighing 240 pounds now.

I think both could have really big seasons for Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
            Funny, I was looking at the SI CFB Preview edition yesterday & I'll swear I saw Boise St. on the cover. Must have been the West Coast edition.
            I think I saw 4 different covers. I think it must be a regional thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
              I think I saw 4 different covers. I think it must be a regional thing.
              It is. Out here in Pennsylvania, they have Ohio State on the cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                It is. Out here in Pennsylvania, they have Ohio State on the cover.
                Boise State and Alabama are the other 2

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                  they have Ohio State on the cover.
                  eww. 10char

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    eww. 10char
                    ******* brutal.

Comment

So guys, should we be concerned that Georgia has been sucking ass and Richt could be outta here? What are the chances we lose Muschamp to Georgia if Mack returns? I don't know that we can make it another off-season of him getting offers.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

OU week.

The UCLA wasn't the best. I'll leave it at that.

The young guys, DE Jeffcoat, DB Vaccaro, WR Marquise Goodwin and WR Mike Davis have been ballin'.

I hope Freshman WR Darius White is NEXT in having a big game.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
                          OU week.

The UCLA wasn't the best. I'll leave it at that.

The young guys, DE Jeffcoat, DB Vaccaro, WR Marquise Goodwin and WR Mike Davis have been ballin'.

I hope Freshman WR Darius White is NEXT in having a big game.
                          You at least have hope. Hope that the run D will show up again like it normally does. Hope that OU isn't that good (they've struggled against a couple of terrible teams).

Hope that Gilbert took some smart pills and has stopped going full ******.

I still find it crazy that you haven't had a real running game in years with all of the studs that Brown has brought in.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post

I still find it crazy that you haven't had a real running game in years with all of the studs that Brown has brought in.
                            This is what's pissing me off about this team so much, if we had a RB to rely on the dynamic of this team would have been completely different. Gilbert is really raw still and if we had a Benson, Ricky Williams, or even Jamaal Charles type to be a hog and take the pressure off of him it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

So much for Chris Whaley becoming that guy. It makes no sense how we can pull in top 5 recruiting classes year after year and it's so hard to find 1 RB to rely on.

Good news is that OU has had alot of close games also and they just haven't been beating everyone like they did FSU, so it's a toss up who wins this game right now. Gilbert is gonna have to make some big throws to win, and the D will have to play 10x better.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

This is what's pissing me off about this team so much, if we had a RB to rely on the dynamic of this team would have been completely different. Gilbert is really raw still and if we had a Benson, Ricky Williams, or even Jamaal Charles type to be a hog and take the pressure off of him it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

So much for Chris Whaley becoming that guy. It makes no sense how we can pull in top 5 recruiting classes year after year and it's so hard to find 1 RB to rely on.

Good news is that OU has had alot of close games also and they just haven't been beating everyone like they did FSU, so it's a toss up who wins this game right now. Gilbert is gonna have to make some big throws to win, and the D will have to play 10x better.
                              OSU has about 6 quality to stud rbs now and are bringing more in. No, you can't have any.

Comment

I was impressed by Prince last weekend.

CB Aaron Williams went BEAST mode!!!8 tackles, 1 TFL and 1 FF.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information