• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aLARGEtopHat View Post
    One of the greatest threads ive seen on the internet:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...s-behind-Co-op
    Hilarity. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
      It's not just the offense. I have no idea how some chump teams have run all over the D. It makes no freaking sense. Muschamp has to be sweating bullets here. The KSUs, Baylors, and UCLAs of the world don't just dictate that they are going to run against a team full of all world recruits.

It's baffling and frustrating. I'm an OSU guy, but I pull for the Horns since I've lived here for over a decade. Mack has lost this team and he knows it. But he seems baffled as to how to get it back. It sounds like there is a serious lack of leadership from the players.

I mean, the fact that there is a question about making a bowl game is crazy.
      How would you feel if you were getting thrown out there for 70% of the game to play defense when the offense has it's head up it's ass? The defense lost all passion to play when they realized that the offense wasn't ever going to do anything productive. The defense showed up against Nebraska after being embarrassed the week before and dominated, and i give a lot of credit to the offense for being able to move the ball for extended periods of time to rest the D. I swear, Greg Davis and Jason Garrett have to be related, they'll throw screens on screens on screens. I still maintain that they mishandled Gilbert since last season, they babied him and it bit them in the ass. Numerous times they had the opportunity to get him comfortable with the offense but Mack wanted to take the highroad and not run up the score. The team is lost, and there's gonna need to be some serious changes to get it back, because this is killing recruiting.

Also, through OB sources have confirmed that Greg Davis will be fired and Mack's in limbo. If they don't make a bowl game, there's a very good chance he could be forced into retirement.

Also, that shaggybevo thread is ******* hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
        I'm not sure, but they're ruining G^2. Greg Davis needs to GTFO, Mack Brown needs to stop thinking about his comfy retirement and get his ******* **** straight. This has to be the most embarrassing season of his career.
        I agree this season has been one of his worst ever. We are not even close to being as bad as we are looking, evidenced by some of our big wins this season or how piss poor we have played vs teams who do not have better players.

I certainly don't understand, but I do also realize that not always can you come in with a freshman QB like recent years and plug him in and expect to be dominant. Florida isn't ranked right now either, but I'm more upset at our level of play, we showed what we are capable of vs OU and Nebraska and I don't seed the same effort weekly.

It does seem like he may have lost the team.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

How the **** can you be the National Player of the Year as a high school senior and be so ******* terrible in college? Garrett Gilbert is a ******* embarrassment to Texas football. He's atrocious. You guys deserve better than this. Are there no other QBs on the roster?

Comment

Beaten by the UCLA Badnews Bruins, then in a squeaker by the Cyclones, then bitchslapped by the Baylor Baptists. Now by 17 points by Oklahoma St.

Mack Brown needs to stop thinking about his comfy retirement and get his ******* **** straight. This has to be the most embarrassing season of his career.
            Talk about somebody who needs to GTFO. Mack should have gone to the AD job yrs ago instead of retiring on this one, his Mack Attack is toothless this yr.

This HC is all fluff & no stuff.... the Board of Regents should forcibly move him to AD, if he refuses (waves his multi-million-$ contract in their faces), they can wave a pic of Bobby Bowden in his face: there but for the grace of God & Bevo go you.

Whatever happened to Major Applewhite, is he in the Horns staff? He's primed, rested & ready for the HC job, turned the Rice offense around (led the nation for awhile) & the Bama offense in Saban's 1st yr. with Shula's mediocre leftovers.

Comment

Little Colt McCoy Case McCoy is gonna end up playing shortly, no reason why not at this point. I wasn't expecting Gilbert to have a season like Colt's freshman year, but from what I saw in the NC game I thought he would be much more polished then he is.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                Whatever happened to Major Applewhite, is he in the Horns staff? He's primed, rested & ready for the HC job, turned the Rice offense around (led the nation for awhile) & the Bama offense in Saban's 1st yr. with Shula's mediocre leftovers.
                You haven't heard of Will Muschamp? But yes Applewhite is the assistant O coordinator or QB coach, one or both but I believe both.
                Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 11-14-2010, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  Little Colt McCoy Case McCoy is gonna end up playing shortly, no reason why not at this point. I wasn't expecting Gilbert to have a season like Colt's freshman year, but from what I saw in the NC game I thought he would be much more polished then he is.
                  At this point they aren't going to burn his redshirt.

I was at the game last night. I made until 5 minutes left and my group couldn't take anymore.

In person, Gilbert stares down receivers with laser beams. Everyone in the stadium knows where he is throwing 99% of the time. It's terrible.

Greg Davis loves him an east-west offense.

Justin Blackmon is a stud. That was damn good coverage on the bomb, he just adjusted perfectly to the ball and shielded the DB like a pro.

The line has no idea how to run block. The running backs have no idea how to adjust to what the line has given them.

The defense put no pressure on the 200 year old QB. Yet there were still wide open receivers all night. MAKE A F***ING ADJUSTMENT MUSCHAMP!!!
                  Call some blitzes for cripes sake. I mean, if you can't cover and you can't get pressure, CHANGE SOMETHING UP, IT AIN'T WORKING!

A freaking debacle.

There needs to be some shaking up going on. The staff has lost the team.

Comment

Yup, i saw bits and pieces of the first half cause i had to work, but Muschamp has too much faith in the front four. The zones were getting chewed up relentlessly. Where's Jackson Jeffcoat? Haven't heard his name much after the first half of the season.

Case McCoy isn't the answer, i still believe Garrett Gilbert is going to be good. He needs some coaching though, because they're just about to lose this guy's talent forever. If there's anyone that's gonna challenge Gilbert for the spot next year, it'll be Connor Wood. At this point it makes no sense to bench Gilbert, all you're gonna do is kill his confidence some more. The team is a mess, i agree that Mack needs to get pushed onto the AD job already, Greg Davis is fired, promote Muschamp, let Major run the offense and go find another stud DC. We need Muschamp's recruiting ability as a HC after this season.

Comment

I did enjoy the fire Greg Davis chant and horribly delicious stadium nachos yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by aLARGEtopHat View Post
                        I did enjoy the fire Greg Davis chant and horribly delicious stadium nachos yesterday.
                        The Greg Davis chant was funny.

Sausage wrap for me. It was not tasty.

Oh, btw, did you see all of that spider silk flying in the night sky? Gross.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          You haven't heard of Will Muschamp? But yes Applewhite is the assistant O coordinator or QB coach, one or both but I believe both.
                          Thought Muschamp was going to go to UGA when they fire Richt. He's an Ugga alum.....

Any way you slice it this Horns season is inexcusable, & that's all on the HC, Mr. Brown.
                          Last edited by LizardState; 11-14-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....o-win-las.html

Longhorns RB Tre' Newton decided to quit football after another concussion.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                              Thought Muschamp was going to go to UGA when they fire Richt. He's an Ugga alum.....

Any way you slice it this Horns season is inexcusable, & that's all on the HC, Mr. Brown.
                              Muschamp is still the Head Coach in Waiting until something changes. I'm worried about UGA too, but Richt hasn't been fired yet, and Muschamp is still HCIW until something changes. This kinda season makes people want to push Mack out faster.

Comment

I hope Texas can switch Major to OC. Keep Greg Davis as the QB coach and let Major call all of the plays.

It would be cool to see Texas get back Tim Brewster back into the program in some capacity.

I like the players. I do think that the players need to get stronger in the offseason though.

I'd still like to see Texas win out and go to a Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information