X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LonghornsLegend
    started a topic 2010 Texas Longhorns thread

2010 Texas Longhorns thread

I didn't think this would be a big problem, seeing as how there is a USC thread and Miami thread and a ton of Longhorn fans here. If so, delete it, but I don't want to get carried away in the Big XII thread with all Longhorn post.

Just to get a random thought out there, this is one guy I'm excited about:

Mykkele Thompson

I hear Akina likes this kid alot, and sees alot of Michael Huff in him, very versatile player.

I'm still waiting on us to get our next feature back, I don't know why it's taken so long for a school that traditionally can find RB's but for some reason it's been musical chairs and we can't rely on our QB like the past few seasons.

• Texas Homer
    replied
    Sweet catch Malcolm!!!

It would be cool for him to get 5 more this season.

A win is a win. I'll take it.
    Last edited by Texas Homer; 11-21-2010, 03:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Homer
    replied
    I hope Texas can switch Major to OC. Keep Greg Davis as the QB coach and let Major call all of the plays.

It would be cool to see Texas get back Tim Brewster back into the program in some capacity.

I like the players. I do think that the players need to get stronger in the offseason though.

I'd still like to see Texas win out and go to a Bowl.

Leave a comment:

• LonghornsLegend
    replied
    Originally posted by LizardState View Post
    Thought Muschamp was going to go to UGA when they fire Richt. He's an Ugga alum.....

Any way you slice it this Horns season is inexcusable, & that's all on the HC, Mr. Brown.
    Muschamp is still the Head Coach in Waiting until something changes. I'm worried about UGA too, but Richt hasn't been fired yet, and Muschamp is still HCIW until something changes. This kinda season makes people want to push Mack out faster.

Leave a comment:

• Sniper
    replied
    http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....o-win-las.html

Longhorns RB Tre' Newton decided to quit football after another concussion.

Leave a comment:

• LizardState
    replied
    Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    You haven't heard of Will Muschamp? But yes Applewhite is the assistant O coordinator or QB coach, one or both but I believe both.
    Thought Muschamp was going to go to UGA when they fire Richt. He's an Ugga alum.....

Any way you slice it this Horns season is inexcusable, & that's all on the HC, Mr. Brown.
    Last edited by LizardState; 11-14-2010, 08:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JoeJoeBrown
    replied
    Originally posted by aLARGEtopHat View Post
    I did enjoy the fire Greg Davis chant and horribly delicious stadium nachos yesterday.
    The Greg Davis chant was funny.

Sausage wrap for me. It was not tasty.

Oh, btw, did you see all of that spider silk flying in the night sky? Gross.

Leave a comment:

• aLARGEtopHat
    replied
    I did enjoy the fire Greg Davis chant and horribly delicious stadium nachos yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• MetSox17
    replied
    Yup, i saw bits and pieces of the first half cause i had to work, but Muschamp has too much faith in the front four. The zones were getting chewed up relentlessly. Where's Jackson Jeffcoat? Haven't heard his name much after the first half of the season.

Case McCoy isn't the answer, i still believe Garrett Gilbert is going to be good. He needs some coaching though, because they're just about to lose this guy's talent forever. If there's anyone that's gonna challenge Gilbert for the spot next year, it'll be Connor Wood. At this point it makes no sense to bench Gilbert, all you're gonna do is kill his confidence some more. The team is a mess, i agree that Mack needs to get pushed onto the AD job already, Greg Davis is fired, promote Muschamp, let Major run the offense and go find another stud DC. We need Muschamp's recruiting ability as a HC after this season.

Leave a comment:

• JoeJoeBrown
    replied
    Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    Little Colt McCoy Case McCoy is gonna end up playing shortly, no reason why not at this point. I wasn't expecting Gilbert to have a season like Colt's freshman year, but from what I saw in the NC game I thought he would be much more polished then he is.
    At this point they aren't going to burn his redshirt.

I was at the game last night. I made until 5 minutes left and my group couldn't take anymore.

In person, Gilbert stares down receivers with laser beams. Everyone in the stadium knows where he is throwing 99% of the time. It's terrible.

Greg Davis loves him an east-west offense.

Justin Blackmon is a stud. That was damn good coverage on the bomb, he just adjusted perfectly to the ball and shielded the DB like a pro.

The line has no idea how to run block. The running backs have no idea how to adjust to what the line has given them.

The defense put no pressure on the 200 year old QB. Yet there were still wide open receivers all night. MAKE A F***ING ADJUSTMENT MUSCHAMP!!!
    Call some blitzes for cripes sake. I mean, if you can't cover and you can't get pressure, CHANGE SOMETHING UP, IT AIN'T WORKING!

A freaking debacle.

There needs to be some shaking up going on. The staff has lost the team.

Leave a comment:

• LonghornsLegend
    replied
    Originally posted by LizardState View Post
    Whatever happened to Major Applewhite, is he in the Horns staff? He's primed, rested & ready for the HC job, turned the Rice offense around (led the nation for awhile) & the Bama offense in Saban's 1st yr. with Shula's mediocre leftovers.
    You haven't heard of Will Muschamp? But yes Applewhite is the assistant O coordinator or QB coach, one or both but I believe both.
    Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 11-14-2010, 11:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LonghornsLegend
    replied
    Little Colt McCoy Case McCoy is gonna end up playing shortly, no reason why not at this point. I wasn't expecting Gilbert to have a season like Colt's freshman year, but from what I saw in the NC game I thought he would be much more polished then he is.

Leave a comment:

• LizardState
    replied
    Beaten by the UCLA Badnews Bruins, then in a squeaker by the Cyclones, then bitchslapped by the Baylor Baptists. Now by 17 points by Oklahoma St.

Mack Brown needs to stop thinking about his comfy retirement and get his ******* **** straight. This has to be the most embarrassing season of his career.
    Talk about somebody who needs to GTFO. Mack should have gone to the AD job yrs ago instead of retiring on this one, his Mack Attack is toothless this yr.

This HC is all fluff & no stuff.... the Board of Regents should forcibly move him to AD, if he refuses (waves his multi-million-$ contract in their faces), they can wave a pic of Bobby Bowden in his face: there but for the grace of God & Bevo go you.

Whatever happened to Major Applewhite, is he in the Horns staff? He's primed, rested & ready for the HC job, turned the Rice offense around (led the nation for awhile) & the Bama offense in Saban's 1st yr. with Shula's mediocre leftovers.

Leave a comment:

• Sniper
    replied
    How the **** can you be the National Player of the Year as a high school senior and be so ******* terrible in college? Garrett Gilbert is a ******* embarrassment to Texas football. He's atrocious. You guys deserve better than this. Are there no other QBs on the roster?

Leave a comment:

• LonghornsLegend
    replied
    Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    I'm not sure, but they're ruining G^2. Greg Davis needs to GTFO, Mack Brown needs to stop thinking about his comfy retirement and get his ******* **** straight. This has to be the most embarrassing season of his career.
    I agree this season has been one of his worst ever. We are not even close to being as bad as we are looking, evidenced by some of our big wins this season or how piss poor we have played vs teams who do not have better players.

I certainly don't understand, but I do also realize that not always can you come in with a freshman QB like recent years and plug him in and expect to be dominant. Florida isn't ranked right now either, but I'm more upset at our level of play, we showed what we are capable of vs OU and Nebraska and I don't seed the same effort weekly.

It does seem like he may have lost the team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information