Preseason top 25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nrk View Post
    Uh, Landry Jones started more games than Sam Bradford last year.
    I don't see how OU isn't the highest rated Big 12 team. Their defense is always stout and their offense is going to be destroying teams this year. Landry is going to have a huge year.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Boise State gettin snubbed....lol.

I think they deserve to be 2 or 3, but I understand it would just hurt the big schools' feelings if they were that high.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
        Boise State gettin snubbed....lol.

I think they deserve to be 2 or 3, but I understand it would just hurt the big schools' feelings if they were that high.
        I truly feel they should be 3 but theyll be 3 or low after week 1 anyway

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
          You guys would've gotten raped with Brantley, and there's no evidence that suggests he's clutch or can lead Florida through an SEC schedule undefeated. Tebow is one of the greatest players in not only SEC history, but college football history. To insinuate that an inexperienced sophomore QB could do what Tebow couldn't do, which was beat a superior Alabama team (Tebow had ya'll undefeated leading up to the SECCG) and then beat a very good Texas team, solely because he's a more traditional pocket passer is absolutely absurd.

There's no way Brantley will leave school and be thought of as a superior QB than Tebow, and even if he's a better prospect, that still doesn't directly translate to wins. He's not going to achieve more, and he's not going to break any of Tebow's records. If Gators fans are thinking that's a possibility, then you guys are just trying to convince yourselves that Brantley is better than he really is or you guys don't realize how spectacular the run was that Tebow led ya'll on.
          no, i'm a gator fan. i appreciate everything tim tebow did and i know how much of every bit of success can be attributed to him. but the offense was just not very good last year, say what you want. brantley is a much better downfield passer than tim is/was, and the big play was the one thing holding uf back. that and spikes' nagging hamstring injuries. my claim was pretty ridiculous. but don't say john brantley couldn't have led that team through our regular season schedule undefeated because that schedule was a cakewalk. i think we would have given alabama a much better game with john brantley at the helm though. tebow was just ineffective that game... i guess it didn't help that demps got hurt. but brantley is a much better pure passer than tim and that's what i think we needed against alabama. half of our drives were three and out because passes were either inaccurate or rushed (and i think we all know that a rushed tebow pass is not a good one) or whatever.

i think that the john brantley we see this year, in the starting job for the 2010 gators, probably would have put up gaudy numbers. yeah, he probably wouldn't have won the national championship (just hyperbole really), but i think he'll be THAT good.

Comment

UConn got 40 points? Sweet.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
              UConn got 40 points scored against them by Michigan and lost? Sweet.
              Edited for accuracy

Comment

Damn. Looking at the list of teams receiving votes shows just how far we've fallen off the radar. Even Central Michigan has a vote, and they just lost their career leader in everything. :(
                I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by nrk View Post
                  Uh, Landry Jones started more games than Sam Bradford last year.
                  Still a new QB. Bradford was clearly the starter last season.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                    Still a new QB. Bradford was clearly the starter last season.
                    Yep. Playing 10.5 games and the bowl game last year plus having a whole offseason of leading the team means nothing. ::eyeroll::

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

landry jones wasn't that good and lost his left tackle and best receiver... oklahoma is a top 25 team, they have no business in the top 10, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                        Edited for accuracy
                        It's going to be awesome when Jordan Todman runs for 200 yards against the Wolverines and embarrasses them in their own stadium.

Although I guess you're probably used to that by now. Hah!
                        (shameless self-promotion)
                        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

#18, I guess it's okay.

And Boise needs to be higher. Let's say... #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                            It's going to be awesome when Jordan Todman runs for 200 yards against the Wolverines
                            200's a low estimate. Thanks for being kind.

and embarrasses them in their own stadium.

Although I guess you're probably used to that by now. Hah!
                            After Toledo and the Horror, UConn wouldn't be embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              Yep. Playing 10.5 games and the bowl game last year plus having a whole offseason of leading the team means nothing. ::eyeroll::
                              Who said it meant nothing? But coming into a season as the starting QB is alot more pressure than what he did last year.

I still think last year's preseason Oklahoma team would beat this years. Thats all that was said. Not that they're terrible this year or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                                #18, I guess it's okay.

And Boise needs to be higher. Let's say... #2.
                                I expected Bama to be 1 obviously, Ohio State 2 just cause of name value, and Boise to be 3. I'm expecting them to jump Texas and Florida if they can get a very impressive win early over VT.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information