College Gameday Thread: Week 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
    They relied too much on the middle linebacker to be 30 yards down the middle of the field and that isnt going to work. In the past they had Mays back there to cover that middle, now not so much.
    Aside from Jurrell Casey, we don't have the horses up front to run the Tampa 2 consistently and effectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
      They relied too much on the middle linebacker to be 30 yards down the middle of the field and that isnt going to work. In the past they had Mays back there to cover that middle, now not so much.
      Whoever the **** they had last night at MLB was terrible.

Also, the draw is a much more dangerous play in college than it is in the NFL. Dropping the MLB so deep was killing them in against the draw, and if they continue to scheme that way, it's going to keep killing them. Especially with a guy who has zero field awareness like the guy they started last night.

The defensive line also looked completely gassed after a quarter.

Their defense is just terrible overall.

Comment

• They started a sophomore there named Kennard, he looked pretty athletic but was constantly out of position. After that they alternated Galippo, who has really gone down hill the last couple of years, without using cliches he's probably the more headier of the two but slower than the gains on my 401k.

Comment

• I knew USC's defense was in trouble when I saw that Nikell Robey was a starting corner.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
            I knew USC's defense was in trouble when I saw that Nikell Robey was a starting corner.
            surely wasnt the worst player on defense
            Last edited by wicket; 09-03-2010, 03:25 PM.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
            - Corner or Wideout in the first
            - No reaching
            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
              I knew USC's defense was in trouble when I saw that Nikell Robey was a starting corner.
              He was terrible but you'd have to tell me if he's any good being a freshman and all.

They're an interesting team. Several 1st rounders on offense and a dog#### defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                Anyone else really impressed with South Carolina's Stephen Garcia??? Particularly on that last scoring drive, he threw two absolutely perfect back shoulder fades. Other than the comeback, a pass like that is just about the toughest to defend.
                The guy gets a lot of hate. But I really like his game, he has some Romo in him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Robey isn't necessarily bad. He was a 4 star recruit. However, he is on the small side and could have probably used some time in a college S&C program before seeing significant playing time. It just says a lot about USC's depth and talent when an undersized true freshman corner who wasn't an early enrollee is starting game one.
                  Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    The guy gets a lot of hate. But I really like his game, he has some Romo in him.
                    He looked improved last night and I'm not sure why SS and everyone is trying to create QB controvesry when Garcia should be the clear cut starter. Even though he played great with so much talk about Shaw it makes u think after every interception the backup will be in.

I'm sure he will be great agian agianst my dawgs bc thats what we do to QB make them look like all americans

Comment

• Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                      He looked improved last night and I'm not sure why SS and everyone is trying to create QB controvesry when Garcia should be the clear cut starter. Even though he played great with so much talk about Shaw it makes u think after every interception the backup will be in.

I'm sure he will be great agian agianst my dawgs bc thats what we do to QB make them look like all americans
                      Steve Spurrier's mantra for his entire career has been to dick around with his QBs head, especially if he has little faith in the guy.

Comment

• Honestly, Garcia is head and shoulders above every Qb they've had since I've been a fan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                          I don't see them blowing us out of the water, maybe its just hopeful thinking but what has you sold on them on being a good team?
                          I'm not too sold on the Tigers but I was sold on the fact that this game was going to be decided on the trenches. I'm not too sure about the depth UNC has but losing two starters on the D-Line for a game like this is never a good thing.

Then you tie that into the fact that LSU is really talented on the offensive side of the ball.

Comment

• The USC Trojans have now become the Notre Dame Fighting Irish of the early Weis era.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                              I'm not too sold on the Tigers but I was sold on the fact that this game was going to be decided on the trenches. I'm not too sure about the depth UNC has but losing two starters on the D-Line for a game like this is never a good thing.

Then you tie that into the fact that LSU is really talented on the offensive side of the ball.
                              We do have some depth and at least the past 2 or 3 weeks we have been letting the backups go against starters, it is tough to say but we will most likely lose.

You can be talented all you want but they were ranked 112th or something like that on offense last year so the pressure is on them.. but with an extra year for guys like Tolliver, Reuban Randle, Jefferson, Sheppard..etc and a 2nd string defense they should put up at least 30+ points.
                              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                              Coples is that dude.
                              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Sick throw by Foles for the TD.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X