Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Conference has Better QB's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Locker is one of the most overrated players in college football. He is getting a ton of Heisman hype based solely on the fact that he is a good NFL prospect. But that is not what the Heisman is about and it is not what this thread is about.

    Based on college careers, Locker is behind Russell Wilson, Josh Nesbitt, and Tyrod Taylor. Luck is probably just slightly above Kyle Parker, while Matt Barkley is slightly behind.

    Originally posted by SolidGold
    Bortlezzzzzzz
    Originally posted by Monomach
    Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
      Locker is one of the most overrated players in college football.
      Yes, yes, and more yes.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
        Locker is one of the most overrated players in college football. He is getting a ton of Heisman hype based solely on the fact that he is a good NFL prospect. But that is not what the Heisman is about and it is not what this thread is about.

        Based on college careers, Locker is behind Russell Wilson, Josh Nesbitt, and Tyrod Taylor. Luck is probably just slightly above Kyle Parker, while Matt Barkley is slightly behind.
        How did a discussion about the best passing conferance somehow morph into saying Jake locker is not a good heisman candidate?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Babylon View Post
          How did a discussion about the best passing conferance somehow morph into saying Jake locker is not a good heisman candidate?
          He's not a good Heisman candidate. Jake Locker will not win the Heisman, though not all of it will be because of his play. I just don't buy Washington as a good enough team right now to make enough noise on the field and in the polls to propel him to Heisman stature. As a general rule, you have to be on a top team to win the Heisman. Washington will not be a top team. They will be a good or maybe even very good team, but not a great team.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Sniper View Post
            He's not a good Heisman candidate. Jake Locker will not win the Heisman, though not all of it will be because of his play. I just don't buy Washington as a good enough team right now to make enough noise on the field and in the polls to propel him to Heisman stature. As a general rule, you have to be on a top team to win the Heisman. Washington will not be a top team. They will be a good or maybe even very good team, but not a great team.
            I couldnt agree more, he could probably get an invite to New York if they can win 7 or 8 games and get to a bowl game just because he's potentially a high draft pick but that supporting cast is not going to get him a heisman.

            It looks like from what they have there going into the season that the O-line should be better but the receivers are so-so and will probably be good for 4 or 5 drops a game and a number of bad routes but you make do.

            Comment


            • #21
              I'd be shocked if he was even close to being invited to New York for the finals. Quarterbacks like Case Keenum, Ryan Mallett, and Kellen Moore will put up much better stats than Locker. Others, like Garrett Gilbert, Landri Jones, Terrelle Pryor, and even John Brantley will put up at least similar, if not better stats on much better teams.

              Then you have to add in Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Jacquizz Rodgers, LaMichael James, and possibly even a defensive player or two. If Washington wins the PAC-10, he'll get an invite. But since I doubt they win more than 7 or 8 games, Locker will be lucky to be top-10 in Heisman voting (think Jimmy Clausen last year).

              Originally posted by SolidGold
              Bortlezzzzzzz
              Originally posted by Monomach
              Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

              Comment

              Working...
              X

              Debug Information