No announcement yet.

2010 Pac 10 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure scheme is Cal's problem. I really like Tedford a lot, but Cal has been one of the most inconsistent teams in the nation week-to-week for the last 3 seasons. If Tedford is the reason for that, he has to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
      I'm not sure scheme is Cal's problem. I really like Tedford a lot, but Cal has been one of the most inconsistent teams in the nation week-to-week for the last 3 seasons. If Tedford is the reason for that, he has to go.
      Yeah, I read Cal is like 17 and 17 in Pac 10 play since 2007. That's not getting it done. As far as scheme, I think the problem is that we're effectively running the same offense as SC, but they consistently have superior talent. I don't see how we can ever consistenly get over the hump and now, with other teams on the rise, Cal has all kinds of other problems.

Comment

I think the scheme is a little different than USC, but the inconsistency issues aren't schematic. When the scheme works, it's hugely effective. Sometimes that team just doesn't show up to play, which is mystifying. The first real sign was that total collapse after they were ranked #2 in the nation, but things haven't really gotten better since then.

Having a real quarterback would help though. It wouldn't shock me if Boehm starts as a freshman next year, which should be interesting. I imagine that Tedford is guaranteed to be around for at least a few more years.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5827657

Southern California freshman tailback Dillon Baxter did not accompany the Trojans (No. 20 AP) on their flight to Saturday's game against Oregon State because of concerns he may have recently been in contact with an agent, USC coach Lane Kiffin said Friday.

"[Thursday], as [Baxter] was traveling across campus, he was given a ride in a golf cart by a couple students," Kiffin said in a video released on the school's official site. "Later we found out that one of these students may be an agent."

Comment

UW was clutch. Sark has kahones and UW is a win away from a bowl.
            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
              UW was clutch. Sark has kahones and UW is a win away from a bowl.
              ill be at the cup!

Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                ill be at the cup!
                niceee. here's to a UW blowout.
                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                  niceee. here's to a UW blowout.
                  haha sure hope so! im goin with a bunch of WSU fans haha.

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Congrats to Oregon fans. As a Cal fan, I envy your program and Chip Kelly is about as funny and classy as they come. Honestly, I wish he'd go away to the NFL or the SEC, but looks like we have to deal with him for many more years. Good luck in the NC game!

Comment

Originally posted by mellojello View Post
                      Congrats to Oregon fans. As a Cal fan, I envy your program and Chip Kelly is about as funny and classy as they come. Honestly, I wish he'd go away to the NFL or the SEC, but looks like we have to deal with him for many more years. Good luck in the NC game!
                      His offense wouldnt work in the NFL, but i wouldnt mind seeing him take off to an SEC school ways away from the Pac 10 haha.

Comment

Fox just bought the rights to broadcast the Pac-12 Championship game for $25 million in 2011

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/article/144778
                        Last edited by diabsoule; 01-06-2011, 11:39 AM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                          Fox just bought the rights to broadcast the Pac-12 Championship game for $25 million in 2011

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/article/144778
                          i'm happy to see that, luckily we won't get stuck with any crap cbs coverage, hopefully we can get some announces better than the fox sports net west that do a lot of the games; however, i doubt it will bring in the kind of revenue that the big 12 or sec championship games bring in

Comment

I'm pretty excited that we are going to have a championship.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

i just hope that it doesn't turn into something like the SEC this year where one conference just completely dominated the other one. who knows if that'll happen in the future, but it seems like a possibility with oregon and stanford up top and usc ineligible to play, i wonder who from the south will even contend? Utah or Arizona?

Comment

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/201...-oregon-state/

James Rodgers granted a medical hardship to stay at Oregon State...will Quizz stick around?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information