Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Pac 10 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2010 Pac 10 Thread

    Oregon looks F***ing good.

    I also think this is a qb's conference.

    Nick Foles, Barkley, Luck and Locker.

    This is gonna be a rough year for USC especially since their defense is terrible.

  • #2
    Widely regarded as the 8th or 9th team in the pac 10, Cal it definitly under the radar this year. I'm willing to bet a lot of money they finish better then where they're projected, but yes, it's going to be rough in the Pac 10 this year.

    I love how Oregon plugs any RB into that offense and the guy ends up a stud.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by soybean View Post
      I also think this is a qb's conference.

      Nick Foles, Barkley, Luck and Locker.
      There's some big names at the QB position, but I always check the defense and running game first.

      Comment


      • #4
        add Katz to the QB list


        Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

        Comment


        • #5
          Oregon St. showed they belong in the top 20 but blew their comeback on the center snap over Katz' head -- 1st game suicide jitters, not on the same pg. The Rogers brothers did their NFL audition, maybe b/c they're next to padded giants but they looked more 5-7 than 5-9.

          Jaquizz was being called the Next DeSean Jackson but he might actually be smaller, hard to imagine a flea-sized RB like him getting it done at RB between the tackles in the NFL. He could be drafted as a KR exclusively

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LizardState View Post
            Oregon St. showed they belong in the top 20 but blew their comeback on the center snap over Katz' head
            Yeah, I felt totally cheated watching that game. I hung in there waiting for the miracle comeback.

            True freshman WR at Cal you're going to hear more about is this guy:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0PyQB7Blxc

            Comment


            • #7
              If ppl want to heavily criticize SC for a horrid defensive display, that's fine. But let's not forget the equally awful performance put on by the UCLA front seven (aside from Ayers), who apparently haven't visited a tackling clinic lately, either. Sorry, I'm a bitter Trojans fan, but I felt the urge to point this out. :)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 619 View Post
                If ppl want to heavily criticize SC for a horrid defensive display, that's fine. But let's not forget the equally awful performance put on by the UCLA front seven (aside from Ayers), who apparently haven't visited a tackling clinic lately, either. Sorry, I'm a bitter Trojans fan, but I felt the urge to point this out. :)
                Ha, you're BITTER? SC is coming off one of the most incredible runs in college football history. Cal, despite all the talent that has come and gone in Tedford's era, along with the rest of the Pac 10 has been completely overshadowed by SC for almost a decade. Things at SC will never be the same, but you've got no reason to be bitter.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mellojello View Post
                  Ha, you're BITTER? SC is coming off one of the most incredible runs in college football history. Cal, despite all the talent that has come and gone in Tedford's era, along with the rest of the Pac 10 has been completely overshadowed by SC for almost a decade. Things at SC will never be the same, but you've got no reason to be bitter.
                  Having experienced such astronomical levels of success leaves me very much reason to be bitter and let down by subpar performances like the one we witnessed Thursday. That's what great programs do, they don't settle for mediocrity. Of course, I comprehend the fact that we will probably never hit the same highs as before, but that certainly shouldn't subject/downgrade our standards to anything less than a national championship, when eligible.

                  I suppose I see things differently here.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 619 View Post
                    Having experienced such astronomical levels of success leaves me very much reason to be bitter and let down by subpar performances like the one we witnessed Thursday. That's what great programs do, they don't settle for mediocrity. Of course, I comprehend the fact that we will probably never hit the same highs as before, but that certainly shouldn't subject/downgrade our standards to anything less than a national championship, when eligible.

                    I suppose I see things differently here.
                    I'm a Laker fan too, so I completely get it. When the Lakers don't compete for championships, I simply don't watch. SC isn't playing with a full deck of cards anymore, so despite the optimism from SC leadership, things are likely to get worse than better in the near term. From a national perspective, I think there was a misconception about SC football, with all the 5 star RB's and offensive players that SC recruited. During SC's run, it was the defense that was always most impressive to me. But I agree, that win against Hawaii was simply not good enough for SC standards. As for UCLA, they have gotten beaten up with injuries before the season even started and it's not going to be a pretty season for them.

                    Comment


                    • #11

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Oregon looks good

                        SC - man, I can't help but think that as soon as they lose a game, the wheels are going to come flying off...

                        Stanford - they look pretty good, but I can't stand Jim Harbaugh. I'm waiting for him to get knocked off his high horse again.

                        Arizona - they may actually be for real, finally

                        UCLA looks terrible.

                        Cal - underrated, you'll see. People got off the bandwaggon a little too soon.

                        Washington - TBD

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I like what Stanford is doing, but the run game is just not there yet. They have the talent but they need to gel still.

                          I'd honestly say that the Pac 10 is wide open still. A lot of these teams look pretty good.


                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

                          Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Cal got shocked by the Nevada Wolfpack's pistol, without all Conference LB Mike Mohamed they were defensively unmanned. And the Wolfpack had them with a team speed advantage too.

                            Congrats to UCLA, after getting blown out by Andrew Luck & Stanford 35-0 they put 31 on Houston & upset the Cougars. Neuheisel is bringing them back but they had soooooo many preseason injuries to overcome.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                              Cal got shocked by the Nevada Wolfpack's pistol, without all Conference LB Mike Mohamed they were defensively unmanned. And the Wolfpack had them with a team speed advantage too.

                              Congrats to UCLA, after getting blown out by Andrew Luck & Stanford 35-0 they put 31 on Houston & upset the Cougars. Neuheisel is bringing them back but they had soooooo many preseason injuries to overcome.
                              It was a pretty good day for the Pac-10 with a near miss by ASU at Wisconsin then wins by UCLA,USC, Stanford, Arizona, Oregon ST........too bad they stink up in the state of Washington.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information