No announcement yet.

College Gameday Thread: Week 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still trying to wrap my head around what I've just seen over the past QTR and OT... What the hell Marshall?
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure that went in...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• What a **** call.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
        I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• Go Houston!!!

edit: TD COUGARS!
          Last edited by jayceheathman; 09-10-2010, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
            Go Houston!!!

edit: TD COUGARS!
            This is my first time checking out Case Keenum, does he have a NFL arm?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
              This is my first time checking out Case Keenum, does he have a NFL arm?
              He has a decent arm. You can make a case that its the spread offense that adds to his numbers. He has 3 completions for 75 yards so far. They aren't throwing too much tonight since UTEP is putting 5-6 guys in the secondary to deal with Keenum and Hays and Beal are dominating them in the running game. The throws he has made in the goal line on this drive have been pretty bad so far though.
              Last edited by jayceheathman; 09-10-2010, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• I'd have loved to see WVU lose but Marshall's performance makes me feel better about OSU's win last week.

Either that or WVU is terrible.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Keenum isn't going to make it in the pros anymore than Colt Brennan or Graham Harrell did. Undersized, passable college arm but not pro caliber.

And I called it a few pages back with Marshall going into the prevent early. They dominated that game when they were aggressive and went after WVU on offense...then they started dropping everyone into deep zone coverages and WVU roars back with 2 TDs.

I said it there and i'll say it again. The prevent only prevents you from holding the lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    Keenum isn't going to make it in the pros anymore than Colt Brennan or Graham Harrell did. Undersized, passable college arm but not pro caliber.

And I called it a few pages back with Marshall going into the prevent early. They dominated that game when they were aggressive and went after WVU on offense...then they started dropping everyone into deep zone coverages and WVU roars back with 2 TDs.

I said it there and i'll say it again. The prevent only prevents you from holding the lead.
                    Keenum has okay size. I think he is like 6'2 220 or so. I think he is a lot similar to Kevin Kolb.

Comment

• God I hate that Marshall game, WVU always gets their best shot and we always seem to be so sluggish in it. Plus, I'll never hear the end of it from all my friends that go there when Marshall actually wins one. Can't believe Geno Smith actually pulled it off, I know Marshall is terrible but leading 96 & 98 yard drives to win is still pretty impressive on your second career start.

Awful performance from WVU, in particular the offensive line. One of my friends texted me that he hoped #99 Vinny Curry was a top 5 NFL draft prospect after he got into the backfield every play.

Marshall's coaching staff made some bad decisions at the end. Went into prevent too early as mentioned on here but I still have no idea why they inserted a true freshman running back who is third on depth chart and wasn't even involved in the game to ice it. Just a terrible decision when each of the other backs were running fairly well.

Comment

• Keenum seems to sidearm it a bit but the ball still comes out pretty fast, arm strength looks decent.

Comment

• Poor San Jose State. First week they have to play Alabama and then this week they have to play Wisconsin. Then they play Utah as well as Boise State.
                          Last edited by jayceheathman; 09-11-2010, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                            Keenum has okay size. I think he is like 6'2 220 or so. I think he is a lot similar to Kevin Kolb.
                            ESPN has him listed at 6'2 210, and most college players tend to be listed a little taller than they actually are.

But that isn't the part that concerns me. He has a decent college arm, but when you get to the pros, I don't think he has the "umph" to zip it in when needed. Those hashes get closer to the center of the field so his throws to the sideline will tend to hang longer and with the speed of NFL defenses, the openings on things like slants will close much faster....

He could surprise no doubt, I think Kolb went higher than most people projected him to, but I think Keenum is closer to Brennan and Harrell than to Kolb.

Comment

• How do you miss an XP?

Comment

• Keenum down after the INT return, took a knee to the head?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information