College Gameday Thread: Week 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
    The line is -12, I'm definitely taking Bama.
    It's growing by the hour. I saw it at 10.5 just yesterday. I would think it gets up to 13 by gametime.

Comment

Alabama's defense is going to eat that frosh QB alive.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I actually hope Alabama gets cute early that way they make a mistake and it pisses Saban off and they get after it.

Comment

I'll definitely be putting money on Bama in this one. Theres no way they don't win by atleast 2 touchdowns. I'll be shocked if they don't win by 20.

No way a true freshman QB can do anything against this defense.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Saban will probably try to pour it on. Penn State is pretty much rebuilding this year. It would be nice if Penn State made Bama's defense show it's inexperience at least though.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
              Have a great time, but be careful in New Orleans. I've been jumped in that ****hole of a town and threatened a few times by the local thuglife (vs drunken frat boys). Right on Bourbon fairly close to cops no less.

Do not wander off the beaten path either.
              Yeah I've been to New Orleans a few times, it is a lot of fun but you definitely have to watch out if you're not a local and don't know everywhere you are going. I'm usually down there with people who know the area very well, it is most definitely a non stop party there.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                Yeah I've been to New Orleans a few times, it is a lot of fun but you definitely have to watch out if you're not a local and don't know everywhere you are going. I'm usually down there with people who know the area very well, it is most definitely a non stop party there.
                Word. Not trying to sound like a big wimp, but we were jumped by a group of 15 or so teenage gang bangers. It was all sorts of not fun. I think it was some sort of initiation. I.e. punch a honky tourist night.

Anyways, back to the thread. Getting amped up for this UM-OSU game.

Can't believe PSU-Bama is the featured game. The more I think about it, the more I want to bet the house on Bama covering.

Comment

Jacory Harris' outfit for class today.

1. WTF?
                  2. He needs to take some HGH and steroids like the rest of CFB.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    I've had some people ask me how bad Penn State is going to get crushed this weekend.....I said 24 points. Seem reasonable? I don't think PSU will get embarrassed on defense but their offense isn't going to do anything I'm afraid...
                    I could see it being close for some reason. It seems like Bama doesnt stray too far from the south, next year when they go to hHappy Valley they'll probably need a road map to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                      Definitely not a revenge game. The fact that any they guys on that Hurricanes team care about this game is pretty funny.

I just hope Pryor is ready. He's going to have to be damn good against a great Miami team.
                      I just have to say that Miami - OSU NC game a few yrs. back was one of the best in recent college FB history, went into OT, the killer McGahee knee injury, the superstar play of Will Smith (the DE, not the actor), etc. Maybe there is some revenge motivation there for the Canes. If Pryor is the real deal we'll see it vs. Miami, & if they got Can't Win the Big One monkey off their backs with teh last Rose Bowl W, Sweatervest better bring his A Game.

Saban will probably try to pour it on. Penn State is pretty much rebuilding this year. It would be nice if Penn State made Bama's defense show it's inexperience at least though.
                      Smooth Criminal: I'll definitely be putting money on Bama in this one. Theres no way they don't win by at least 2 touchdowns. I'll be shocked if they don't win by 20.

No way a true freshman QB can do anything against this defense.
                      Bama is a 2 TD, 12-point favorite at this time.

Call me a homer but I think Bama's experience especially on offense will be all over the Lions inexperience. That & the factor of 90,000+ screaming fans in crimson unnerving the PSU freshman QB, then he has get under center & look across the line at D'Onta Hightower looking at him..... that's a waking nightmare. And Julio Jones is at least 3 in. taller than the tallest PSU DB with those freakish long arms & the circus catch for a TD last weekend, damn.
                      Last edited by LizardState; 09-09-2010, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        I could see it being close for some reason. It seems like Bama doesnt stray too far from the south, next year when they go to hHappy Valley they'll probably need a road map to get there.

They'll probably use the same road map they used to get to Pasadena a few months ago.... That's a long ways to go for Longhorn Steak, Colt Salad, and Texas Toast...

You never know... Penn St. might prefer Bama DID get lost on the way up there next year after Saban gets through with 'em...

Comment

Word. Not trying to sound like a big wimp, but we were jumped by a group of 15 or so teenage gang bangers. It was all sorts of not fun. I think it was some sort of initiation. I.e. punch a honky tourist night.

Anyways, back to the thread. Getting amped up for this UM-OSU game.

Can't believe PSU-Bama is the featured game. The more I think about it, the more I want to bet the house on Bama covering.
                          Similar situation years ago. About a half dozen punks confront me and two buddies late at night and they probably could have got the best of us but one of my buddies coldcocks the biggest guy of the bunch and lays him out cold. Moral of the story be careful what you wish for, just 3 old boys from the 101st out on a little vacation.:-D

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                            Similar situation years ago. About a half dozen punks confront me and two buddies late at night and they probably could have got the best of us but one of my buddies coldcocks the biggest guy of the bunch and lays him out cold. Moral of the story be careful what you wish for, just 3 old boys from the 101st out on a little vacation.:-D
                            Key difference here is that you were three hardasses from airborne and we were 5 soft mid-30's yuppies :)

Comment

Jacory Harris' outfit for class today.

1. WTF?
                              2. He needs to take some HGH and steroids like the rest of CFB.

Haha Jacory is so awesome.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

My head is telling me that the Buckeyes are the better team and should win at home. However, my gut tells me that the Canes can pull it off. Everyone is picking against them and the spread is ********. Seriously, 8.5 points this early in the season between two top 12 teams? I still think Ohio State wins, but by a touchdown or less.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information