No announcement yet.

Denard Robinson wins the Heisman!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robinson is going to get murdered in a Big Ten season. He is more likely to end up in a hospital bed than the NY Athletic Club. He can't get hit as much as he does right now through a full season and stay healthy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Seriously, the man to watch out for might be Landry Jones, who torched Florida State quite effortlessly, or Trent Richardson, who put up almost 150 yards rushing on a team in Penn State who hasn't given up 100 in quite some time.

If Robinson can do this weekly and not get hurt, sure, he's a Heisman hopeful. If anyone believes it will continue or that he won't get hurt: Good luck. Lots of undersized scrambling QBs exist and lots of them visit the sidelines for extended periods of the game.

I know a lot of people will laugh at this, but TJ Yates put up 4 TDs and like 400 yards against LSU in a near win. If that team had key players on the defense, that would have been a super offensive showing against what is usually a very good defense. That should show you how freaky and flukey college football can get from week to week.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
        6'0" 190 lb QBs don't exist in the NFL.
        Seriously?

Drew Brees.

And Michael Vick is only 6'. Denard's got three years to add weight, and he's close to 200 now. I'd expect him to be around 210 by the time he's done. I think Michigan has him listed at 195.
        Last edited by Caulibflower; 09-12-2010, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
          6'0" 190 lb QBs don't exist in the NFL.
          Most Michigan fans doubt he's even 5'11" actually. The weight is probably accurate, but I'd be shocked if he's actually 6'0". The best pro QB prospect on Michigan by far is Devin Gardner. Too bad RR already burned his redshirt for 3 plays in 2 games. With the way Denard is playing, he won't be starting until his senior year.

Originally posted by Jakey
          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

I realize this might not be the best time to post this, but I don't care. It made me laugh my ass off.

Originally posted by Jakey
            WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Love this player.

Not an NFL QB prospect... yet.
              Position change. ALA Josh Cribbs, return man, WR/HB type player if he makes it to NFL. And this is coming from a Michigan fan.

Either way, he gives UM the best chance to win this year if he stays healthly. The RBs need to step up as it seems the WRs are.

And our Defense is very subject. Hopefully we can find someone to play Safety in the next 2 weeks cause ours right now suck.

Back to Denard. His numbers in the first 2 games are worth mentioning. I don't see him keeping up that type of production throughout the Big 10 schedule, but should still have some ridiculous numbers for the year. They still have a shot at finishing in the 20-25 range. If they finish 8-4, 9-3 he deserves to get some hype, but won't win.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                I can name close to 20 players more worthy of the Hiesman. Michigan wont even finish ranked. Shoelace has 2 good games and everyone hops on his dick. **** off, the guy is nothing special and wont do anything after this game.
                How can you name 20 players more worth after 2 games? See what I did there?

Comment

Joe Lefeged for Heisman.
                  2 blocked punts, 2 forced fumbles, 1 INT.
                  why's this tie in? I think we all remember another Michigan defensive player who won heisman.
                  that and I'm a tremendous homer.
                  But yea, I'm totez on the Denard wagon.
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I don't care who he played, what Denard Robinson did was impressive. Who was the last quarterback to put up almost 900 yards of offense in two games against anyone? Notre Dame is an average FBS team and UConn is likely in the top half of the Big East, a BCS conference. Is either team going to end up in a BCS Bowl? No, extremely unlikely. However, let's not pretend that the only worthy teams in college football are the ones with little numbers next to their names. Is Denard going to lead Michigan to the National title? No, he's not. However, two games into the season he has been "the most outstanding player in college football."

Comment

UCONN is not a tuff school, and niether is ND(just like wonderbread siad, all they got goin for them is the name). Like I said earlier, if he can step up vs Michigan State, and Iowa I will give him probs. His 4 biggest tests this year, Mchigan State, Iowa, Wisc and OSU. He will be lucky to get half the game he did today against 1 of those teams.
                      Uh yeah, UConn is a good team. So is ND. They may not be top 25 teams but they are still both pretty good. He's doing this against teams that are far from push overs. But hey, feel free to keep being delusional and think he did this against cupcakes.
                      (shameless self-promotion)
                      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

OSU, it's a well known fact I pretty much despise UConn being the...well...large Rutgers homer I am, but you're selling them short. Both UConn and ND are very solid teams and no pushovers. It's not like he piled up numbers against DIII schools
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                          I don't care who he played, what Denard Robinson did was impressive. Who was the last quarterback to put up almost 900 yards of offense in two games against anyone? Notre Dame is an average FBS team and UConn is likely in the top half of the Big East, a BCS conference. Is either team going to end up in a BCS Bowl? No, extremely unlikely. However, let's not pretend that the only worthy teams in college football are the ones with little numbers next to their names. Is Denard going to lead Michigan to the National title? No, he's not. However, two games into the season he has been "the most outstanding player in college football."
                          Sam Bradford put up 387 yards against Texas then 468 against Kansas the next week for 855 yards :)

I haven't caught a Michigan game yet though, I'll have to keep an eye out for Robinson.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

How is Notre Dame a good team? They refused a bowl bid last year out of shame.

This year isn't looking much better with teams like Stanford and USC still on the schedule.

Comment

I think Denard is bonerific and has been flat out destroying everyone in his way so far. Very impressive.

However, let's not act like ND or UConn are world beaters. Yes, they are technically termed BCS teams (for lack of a better description), but both have defenses that are middle of the pack D1 probably, and that's being pretty generous.

Again, Robinson looks awesome and has had amazingly impressive first 2 games, but I'll wait until he faces legitimate defenses before making any judgments.

Comment

He isnt, if he is so special why was he in a camp battle for the starting spot, it shouldnt have even been a contest if he is as good as everyone is making him seem.
                                That "battle" was over in the spring. The fall camp battle was about as much of a battle as me against Tom Brady would be.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information