Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greg Mcelroy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Greg Mcelroy

    Seems to be the most underrated QB in the country. I live in Bama, not a huge college FB fan, but I watch him and he's such a solid player. Could be a steal in the draft this year if he stays under the radar...

    Thoughts?

  • #2
    Nothing sticks out to me. Game manager.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
      Nothing sticks out to me. Game manager.
      How often have you watched him? He's got a strong arm, good mobility, great intangibles, and is remarkably accurate. Sure the rest of his team is good but I'm not sure "game manager" is what I'd call him.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
        How often have you watched him? He's got a strong arm, good mobility, great intangibles, and is remarkably accurate. Sure the rest of his team is good but I'm not sure "game manager" is what I'd call him.
        He's better than the last couple of 'Bama quarterbacks and will probably be a late round pick when he declares. But, there's isn't much to fall in love with as an NFL prospect. Good college QB, will probably compete for a roster spot at the NFL level.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
          How often have you watched him? He's got a strong arm, good mobility, great intangibles, and is remarkably accurate. Sure the rest of his team is good but I'm not sure "game manager" is what I'd call him.
          His arm strength is not as good as you're making it out to be. I agree with TJ about giving him the "game manager" label. He'll probabaly have a Ken Dorsey type career.

          Sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • #6
            reminds me of Kyle Orton

            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

            Comment


            • #7
              I've heard a lot of people around here compare him to Tom Brady when Brady was in college... Good QB, just not a highly sought after prospect. Obviously that's a lot of hoping and people around here are homers but after watching some of Brady's college tape, I can see the comparison as far as arm strength, accuracy, and the fact that he could control the offense and convert when he needed to. Ken Dorsey is another guy I've thought about but I think GM is a bit more talented. Good comparison though.

              Comment


              • #8
                get with the program, he's he son of the Dallas Cowboys VP of Sales, which means Dad is the head marketing poobah.

                He wants to go to grad school but I think Dallas will draft him. like in the 6th rd, just as a measure of respect,who knows.

                He should succeed his father in Dallas a an NFL executive, he has the DNA.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                  get with the program, he's he son of the Dallas Cowboys VP of Sales, which means Dad is the head marketing poobah.

                  He wants to go to grad school but I think Dallas will draft him. like in the 6th rd, just as a measure of respect,who knows.

                  He should succeed his father in Dallas a an NFL executive, he has the DNA.
                  I think the Skins draft him out of spite.. lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    He is a very good game manager that makes you pay for putting 8 in the box - when accurate.

                    Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
                    How often have you watched him? He's got a strong arm, good mobility, great intangibles, and is remarkably accurate. Sure the rest of his team is good but I'm not sure "game manager" is what I'd call him.
                    I've seen probably 5-6 games of his and to call his arm strong and accurate is questionable at best. First, he is inconsistent. Sometimes he is accurate with "good enough" 'arm strength'. Then sometimes, he throws the ball in places where it just shouldn't go.

                    He is the Kyle Orton of college football.
                    Last edited by descendency; 09-11-2010, 09:22 PM.
                    **** her in da *****!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just wins gamezzzz
                      Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

                      Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He's definitely underrated. He makes good decisions and protects the football, but takes shots when they are there and can make teams pay.

                        But if he gets the Rhodes Scholarship, he's gonna do that, so it's hard to say anything about his draft prospects.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          He's better than the last couple of 'Bama quarterbacks and will probably be a late round pick when he declares. But, there's isn't much to fall in love with as an NFL prospect. Good college QB, will probably compete for a roster spot at the NFL level.
                          i agree with this

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Late round pick at best, but gotta love him as a college QB. You can say what you want about him being a game manager, but he was fantastic in the SEC Championship last year. Now he definitely benefits from a good situation, but I think its harder than people think to get into a passing rhythm in a running offense. Its not as easy to make big throws when your only throwing 20 times a game.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Imo he's a mid-rounder at this point. I think he's very underrated, all this guy does is win games. He's feisty, competitive and a good leader. He's just the kind of player I can't bet against. If he goes pro he'll end up a starter, I'm sure of that.

                              Originally posted by ElectricEye
                              I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information