Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bowl Prediction Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Oregon #1 in all polls except the one that counts, the BCS, that has Oklahoma.

    Both of those teams will probably finish the rest of the season undefeated.

    Irony: those predicting an Alabama - Ohio St. bowl game will be correct thx to SCAR & Wisconsin. Maybe in the Sugar Bowl.

    Texas will make the Cotton Bowl unless they lose to TAMU, which could happen.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
      Only Boise State could win big, have the only team in front of them lose, and still manage to drop in the rankings. It's bull.
      You have to remember that the AP rankings (and other rankings like them) are not official. The BCS may have had Oklahoma #1 all year long. Who knows.
      **** her in da *****!

      Comment


      • #63
        Before everyone completely blames the BCS for this, the computers actually have Boise State ahead of Oregon, it's the coaches and the Harris polls that don't.

        The coaches poll is always the hardest on smaller conference schools.


        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
          Only Boise State could win big, have the only team in front of them lose, and still manage to drop in the rankings. It's bull. It's like when Michigan and OSU were undefeated, and when OSU beat them, Michigan dropped to 3, and when #2 USC lost they just made UF jump them. Why does USC losing impact who is better between UF and UM? Same deal here. If you're not gonna give Boise a chance, don't rank them so high to begin with.
          It's their computer ranking that is killing them. Oklahoma - .980(1st), Oregon - .710(8th), Boise - .780(7th). The winner of Auburn(.900)/LSU(.940) will probably jump Oregon and Boise, and maybe Oklahoma. Boise is still #2 in the polls, it has nothing to do with the polls.
          Last edited by nrk; 10-18-2010, 05:32 PM.

          Sig by Hitman D.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by nrk View Post
            It's their computer ranking that is killing them. Oklahoma - .980(1st), Oregon - .710(8th), Boise - .780(7th). The winner of Auburn(.900)/LSU(.940) will probably jump Oregon and Boise, and maybe Oklahoma. Boise is still #2 in the polls, it has nothing to do with the polls.
            Yeah, i just dont feel that this computer **** should have any say in rankings....i mean what the **** does a computer truly know about football? I think the coaches poll should be the one that it comes down too. They are the ones who really know who should play for the money.



            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
              Yeah, i just dont feel that this computer **** should have any say in rankings....i mean what the **** does a computer truly know about football? I think the coaches poll should be the one that it comes down too. They are the ones who really know who should play for the money.
              The coaches can't possibly watch all the games, and half of them have some grad student fill it out for them.


              Follow Me on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

              Comment


              • #67
                don't include TAMU in any of your games. ******* disgraceful.

                Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                Comment


                • #68
                  computer is also the most un biased as well.


                  RIP, Sean Taylor.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    How is Oklahoma ranked #1?

                    They have barely beaten AF and Cin and have as tough of a schedule as Boise State.

                    I can maybe see them jumping Bosie at #2, but jumping Oregon for #1 is just plain stupid.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                      The coaches can't possibly watch all the games, and half of them have some grad student fill it out for them.
                      I understand this, but im sure that most of the coaches know who the 1st and 2nd best teams are....or at least know who they feel are the best.



                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                        How is Oklahoma ranked #1?

                        They have barely beaten AF and Cin and have as tough of a schedule as Boise State.

                        I can maybe see them jumping Bosie at #2, but jumping Oregon for #1 is just plain stupid.
                        Margin of victory isn't taken into account.

                        Wins over Florida State, Texas, Air Force, and Cincy isn't a bad set of games to this point, but I'm still surprised the computers love them this much.


                        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          Margin of victory isn't taken into account.

                          Wins over Florida State, Texas, Air Force, and Cincy isn't a bad set of games to this point, but I'm still surprised the computers love them this much.
                          The computers always seem to love Oklahoma.

                          Sig by Hitman D.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            don't include TAMU in any of your games. ******* disgraceful.
                            Cheer up, Brent. The Hullabaloo-ka-nick boys will cook up something special for Mack Brown & the Horns on Thxgvg, they always do. This yr the Aggies will have to be content with upsetting the Horns ...... again. Some teams just have others teams' numbers, & that goes double for rivals.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by nrk View Post
                              The computers always seem to love Oklahoma.
                              unfortunately....



                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                                unfortunately....
                                It got you a national championship... oh wait.

                                Sig by Hitman D.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information