College Gameday Thread: Week 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
    You've played 4 games, 3 against OOC terrible opponents. I think it's time to settle down.
    DOMINATION!!!!!!

To be fair, though, you just described like 75% of FBS teams. So while it is a little early to be crowning anyone/any team, it's not like teams like Nebraska or Texas or Ohio State or other top defenses have played drastically harder schedules. Comparitively, it can be taken as an impressive feat, but in the grand scheme of things who gives a **** if you dominate teams worse than your practice squad.

Also, where is DG slacking with the week 5 thread? I want to post a picture to rile up some PSU fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
      DOMINATION!!!!!!

To be fair, though, you just described like 75% of FBS teams. So while it is a little early to be crowning anyone/any team, it's not like teams like Nebraska or Texas or Ohio State or other top defenses have played drastically harder schedules. Comparitively, it can be taken as an impressive feat, but in the grand scheme of things who gives a **** if you dominate teams worse than your practice squad.

Also, where is DG slacking with the week 5 thread? I want to post a picture to rile up some PSU fans.
      That was my point pretty much. I wasn't trying to knock Iowa or anything. Once conference play begins and you're not playing awful teams at home every week, then get excited about having #1 overall defense.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
        DOMINATION!!!!!!

I always post them Tuesday you impatient mofo.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
          That was my point pretty much. I wasn't trying to knock Iowa or anything. Once conference play begins and you're not playing awful teams at home every week, then get excited about having #1 overall defense.
          Yup, pretty much. It's fun to gloat about now, but like I said, congrats to all the top defenses for not letting high school teams gain yards on you.

The one thing I'm not encouraged by for Iowa is the lack of turnovers compared to the last 2-3 years. We are still generating some, but nowhere near the same amount. Probably has to do with the new LBs and relatively weaker CB play.

But hey, WE'RE #1!!!!!!

Interesting also, the top 2 in total defenses (Iowa and Tejas) have both lost a game already. Weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
            I agree that the logic in that argument makes no sense. I think TP was in the game for practice (the HB pass back to him OTOH, I have no idea wtf tressel was thinking).

The knee thing scared the crap out of me.

Showcasing him for the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
              I always post them Tuesday you impatient mofo.
              Well now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

I will have to wait until tomorrow it appears to mock some Nittany Kittens.

Comment

• 4 of the top 8 defenses have lost a game already.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

• 14 of the top 16 offenses are undefeated.

Comment

• Pretty sure we played two teams that went to bowl games last year in Iowa State and Arizona.

#5 rushing defense, #1 total defense..

Comment

• hey I know a big ten team that's top 10 in the nation in offense AND defense :D (hint: it's not iowa)

Comment

• We're pretty close I think offensively..

Stanzi is all kinds of #4 in passing efficiency/rating, Robinson sits top 30 in rushing yards, and DJK as well in receiving yards..

Comment

• Yup, then all of this will go to **** when conference play starts. Except for Ohio State's numbers obviously.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

• I don't think Ohio State's defensive numbers will hold up no.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                              14 of the top 16 offenses are undefeated.
                              4 of the top 8 defenses have lost a game already.
                              Some more of the many reasons to disregard rankings until at least Halloween. September is cupcake month.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information