If handed out today, the Heisman should go to LSU's Patrick Peterson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If handed out today, the Heisman should go to LSU's Patrick Peterson

Shut down corner. 2 INTs, 1 TD. 253 return yards on punt returns and 2 TDs and another 190 yards on kick returns through 4 games and a huge contributor in the wins against West Virginia and North Carolina.

Not sure what else can be asked of a defensive back.

that would be great if it went to the best CB every year.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Comment

Denard Robinson.
        Crosby vs Ovechkin

Badababaaa, I'm lovin it.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimetimeTheDon View Post
          Denard Robinson.
          UConn, Notre Dame, UMass, and Bowling Green.

An FCS school and 3 FBS schools with a combined record of 4-8 and those wins have been against Texas Southern, Buffalo, Purdue, and Marshall. While Denard Robinson's achievements are very impressive, I have a hard time saying he should win the Heisman without playing a single relevant football game so far when put up against what Patrick Peterson has done.
          Last edited by wonderbredd24; 09-29-2010, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Is he on Woodson's level? Woodson was the only defensive player to win the award and I don't think Peterson is having the same impact. If they wouldn't give it to Suh I don't see them giving it to Peterson. Is Peterson shutting down elite QBs and WRs? Who is the best WR he has covered?

Comment

Patrick Peterson is a great player and I would love to have him on the Lions next year. But I highly doubt he would win the Heisman. The only primary defensive player to do that was Charles Woodson. When Woodson was at Michigan he did it all. Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. So unless Peterson starts playing offense I don't think he will win it. Besides, the football gods have already spoken.:-D

"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Wow, that is weird!
                I want a sig.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
                  Wow, that is weird!
                  I'm guessing you haven't seen that picture yet?
                  "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

That picture is awesome.
                    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                      Is he on Woodson's level? Woodson was the only defensive player to win the award and I don't think Peterson is having the same impact. If they wouldn't give it to Suh I don't see them giving it to Peterson. Is Peterson shutting down elite QBs and WRs? Who is the best WR he has covered?
                      Was just thinking this.

Comment

thank you desmond, for teaching people the 100% wrong way to pose for the heisman.

Comment

I'm probably a bit biased in not wanting Peterson to win the Heisman, but I really don't think he should. Peterson is a fantastic corner, but he doesn't dominate the way that Charles Woodson dominated. What Woodson did that year was special. I don't think we're going to see a comparable performance from a defensive back in a long, long time. Ndamukong Suh had a season last year that was on par with what Woodson did in 1997, and he finished 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                            UConn, Notre Dame, UMass, and Bowling Green.

An FCS school and 3 FBS schools with a combined record of 4-8 and those wins have been against Texas Southern, Buffalo, Purdue, and Marshall. While Denard Robinson's achievements are very impressive, I have a hard time saying he should win the Heisman without playing a single relevant football game so far when put up against what Patrick Peterson has done.
                            What is so relevant about LSU's opponents? Their ridiculously impressive .500 record? LSU struggled to beat a North Carolina team that missing almost every defensive starter. They also struggled to beat an extremely overrated West Virginia team who almost lost to Marshall.

Ohio State played one school that is worse than most of the top FCS schools and the other three schools have a combined 4-7 record with three of those wins coming against Ohio, Florida A&M, and Wofford.

Comment

Maybe you guys should argue who the best player in the country is, instead of who should win the Heisman? The Heisman is a joke. The best player is the best player, regardless of who his team schedules.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information