Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Number 2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who should be Number 2?

    Oregon or Ohio State and why?
    57
    Oregon Ducks
    52.63%
    30
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    47.37%
    27

  • #2
    we just beat Oregon in the Rose Bowl. benefit of the doubt.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hmmm... no love for Boise State, TCU, or Nebraska?

      People can say Ohio State was lucky to beat the Illini if they want, but Oregon was lucky to escape that Arizona State game with a win as well.

      The difference is people will look at Oregon's crazy amount of points scored and assume they were successful while Ohio State evidently struggled when Ohio State actually plays defense.

      Comment


      • #4
        Oregon shouldnt even be number 3....


        ....the fact that they jumped Boise State is ******* stupid.



        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
          Oregon shouldnt even be number 3....


          ....the fact that they jumped Boise State is ******* stupid.
          Well, Oregon beat someone with a pulse. Boise hasn't.

          Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
          we just beat Oregon in the Rose Bowl. benefit of the doubt.
          Relevance to this season not found.

          Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
          The difference is people will look at Oregon's crazy amount of points scored and assume they were successful while Ohio State evidently struggled when Ohio State actually plays defense.

          How hard can it be to play D against Illinois' two-play playbook?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
            Oregon shouldnt even be number 3....


            ....the fact that they jumped Boise State is ******* stupid.

            that's probably true in terms of fairness, but I can't begrudge voters for putting a team who actually plays a decent schedule ahead of a team who plays only 2 teams all year than are any decent at all.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'd say Oregon at this point. Mainly because i believe Oregon plays tougher teams. I think just about all the teams on Ohio State's schedule are overrated (Miami, Wisconsin, Penn State). Pac 10 is a tougher conference this year then the Big Ten.

              Oregon's offense is just ridiculous, so explosive, it's not a fluke that they're averaging 50+ points a game.

              Both teams should be higher then Boise State that's for sure.

              Comment


              • #8
                Pac ten isn't tougher than the big ten. Big Ten has 6 or 7 teams who are top 25 caliber (OSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Michigan, Penn State, and Northwestern) plus Indiana who will make a bowl game. Pac Ten has 3 top 25 teams, maybe 4 tops (Oregon, Stanford, Arizona, and maybe Oregon State) and then a bunch of teams who will be lucky to make a bowl.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                  Oregon's offense is just ridiculous, so explosive, it's not a fluke that they're averaging 50+ points a game.
                  How many points did they average per game last year when they were shut down by Ohio State?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sniper View Post

                    Relevance to this season not found.
                    Oregon was hanging 50 on everyone last year and Ohio State shut them down. Benefit of the doubt if you're gonna compare them both. It's a hell of a lot better thing to compare them with than anything else if they both go undefeated in their conferences.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      How hard can it be to play D against Illinois' two-play playbook?
                      No harder than it would be to triple Devier Posey every play and send the other 8 at Pryor, but Oregon couldn't get that job done.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Oregon, not much of a doubt here for me. They're just on a different level than everybody else in terms of offense right now.

                        R.I.P. Junior Seau

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                          Oregon was hanging 50 on everyone last year and Ohio State shut them down. Benefit of the doubt if you're gonna compare them both. It's a hell of a lot better thing to compare them with than anything else if they both go undefeated in their conferences.
                          Well, considering they're different teams, benefit of the doubt from last year means nothing.

                          Originally posted by wb24
                          No harder than it would be to triple Devier Posey every play and send the other 8 at Pryor, but Oregon couldn't get that job done.
                          Good point.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            we know Chip Kelly's oregon offense isn't unstoppable b/c of last year, even if they are better than before you can't say they're clearly better just b/c they score a **** ton of points again. They certainly didn't win by a **** ton of points last week against Arizona State. OSU has more talent and is more balanced in terms of offense and defensive performance.

                            It might not be fair to have something like the polls be left up to human judgement, but they do use the previous bowl game in the rankings, and I don't think OSU has done anything to be dropped just b/c they won a league road game against a poor team by 11. Oregon did the exact same thing a week before.
                            Last edited by keylime_5; 10-03-2010, 04:54 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                              we know Chip Kelly's oregon offense isn't unstoppable b/c of last year, even if they are better than before you can't say they're clearly better just b/c they score a **** ton of points again. They certainly didn't score a **** ton of points last week against Arizona State. OSU has more talent and is more balanced in terms of offense and defensive performance.

                              It might not be fair to have something like the polls be left up to human judgement, but they do use the previous bowl game in the rankings, and I don't think OSU has done anything to be dropped just b/c they won a league road game against a poor team by 11. Oregon did the exact same thing a week before.
                              They scored 42 points against ASU at Arizona in the 100 degree heat, that's still impressive. Arizona State has a very solid defense.

                              Ohio State only scored 24 against Illinois.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information