No announcement yet.

Who should be Number 2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no one could pass in the wind and Pryor got hurt. We only score 24, but at the same time we only gave up 13, and the one touchdown was on the opening drive. We ran the ball almost every single play in the 2nd half, maybe threw 2 or 3 passes. Both were ugly wins on the road against bad teams.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
      They scored 42 points against ASU at Arizona in the 100 degree heat, that's still impressive. Arizona State has a very solid defense.

Ohio State only scored 24 against Illinois.
      You're an Iowa fan and you're making this argument?

So offense is more impressive than defense. Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post

Let's not pretend like Illinois and Stanford have similar offenses.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post

I'm actually not an Iowa Fan, I was watching a Iowa football game highlight last year when this site asked for a username.

But yeah i'm pretty biased to Pac-10 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
            Let's not pretend like Illinois and Stanford have similar offenses.
            as long as you don't pretend Oregon has a defense.

This year is vintage Pac-10 Football where no one can stop anyone and the last team who has the ball typically wins

Comment

I don't care if it's a different season, that doesn't matter. Most of the players on both teams are the same and the Buckeyes beat the Ducks last year, shutting their offense down. If they both go undefeated with the schedules they have, OSU should get in the title game before Oregon. If Oregon won that game to end last season they it would be the other way around, it's only fair. It's not like Ohio State's remaining schedule isn't much stronger than Oregon's either, b/c it is. Michigan, Iowa, Penn State, and Wisconsin all potential/probable ranked teams while Oregon plays one more ranked team (arizona) with the exception of maybe Oregon state or USC getting ranked. Their OOC schedule features a win over Tennessee who won't go to a bowl while Ohio State beat the potential ACC Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                I don't care if it's a different season, that doesn't matter.
                Michigan should be ranked No. 1 because they won the national title in 1997. Sure, it's a different season, but you don't care.

Comment

Michigan should be ranked No. 1 because they won the national title in 1997. Sure, it's a different season, but you don't care.
                  you're not following logic sniper. it's a different season but it's mostly the same players on both sides and it is the same coaches and similar scheduling. If they both go undefeated then the only tiebreaker you can use is human judgement, and those voters saw an Ohio State team with most of the same players decisively shut down an Oregon team with most of the same players on a neutral field. It's not like it was the first game of last season, it was this in January of this same year.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    you're not following logic sniper. it's a different season but it's mostly the same players on both sides and it is the same coaches and similar scheduling. If they both go undefeated then the only tiebreaker you can use is human judgement, and those voters saw an Ohio State team with most of the same players decisively shut down an Oregon team with most of the same players on a neutral field. It's not like it was the first game of last season, it was this in January of this same year.
                    well in contrast, Stanford whooped on Oregon last season as well.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                      well in contrast, Stanford whooped on Oregon last season as well.
                      This is what i was going to say.

Stanford is much better this year then they were this year, especially on defense.

Comment

but they actually got to play again this year. OSU/OU won't. The only thing we have to compare them with is that Rose Bowl. If two teams finish the year even you give the team that beat the other in a bowl game the year before the benefit of the doubt in the rankings. We won the right to have a better spot in the preseason polls in that game, and if we go unbeaten we should get in before Oregon since our schedule isn't crappy compared to theirs or anything. This won't matter that much anyways since OSU plays more ranked teams than Oregon this year.

Comment

Playing in Oregon makes a huge difference.

Homefield is such a huge advantage in PAC-10 Conference play.

Whether or not it shouldn't, the Rose Bowl does and would factor in if it was a decision between Oregon and Ohio State. That's just how it goes.

Comment

it might not be fair but there is a lot of unfairness in college football these days isn't there? there is no playoff system so this is how it goes.

Comment

This thread is stupid.

Time and time again in college football, we've seen that 1 game doesn't make a season. This goes for both Oregon's close game with ASU, and Ohio State's close game with Illinois.

Pryor got injured & tressel decided to run the ball up the middle with Saine 90% of the game. The game isn't going to be high-scoring by default. Every team will have some "closer" games within conference play, it's just how college football works. Until they lose however, it's not really a good reason to proclaim one team as being bad, and the other team as being a crap team.

I didn't watch ASU vs Oregon either, so I can't make any comments, however, they do look incredibly explosive. I was definitely impressed by their offense, but the best teams in the country have to be well rounded and well balanced. I can't remember the last time a team won a championship with ONLY offense.
                              Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

Well, Oregon beat someone with a pulse. Boise hasn't.
                                They beat ******* New Mexico and Portland ******* state.....are you kidding me. BSU beat 2 teams that at the time were actually ranked. Cmon man.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information