No announcement yet.

Who should be Number 2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon has serious issues on defense. ASU and Stanford both dropped 31 points against the Ducks. They could easily lose two games this year. And they didn't look good against Tennessee. They were tied at halftime. It was not until UT got tired due to lack of depth that Oregon could do anything.

Ohio State will not lose to Michigan this year. That is just crazy. If Robinson continues to carry the ball 20 times a game, he will get hurt. Plus, the game is in Columbus and Ohio State does not lose in the Shoe.
    Last edited by jrdrylie; 10-04-2010, 01:39 PM.

Originally posted by SolidGold
    Bortlezzzzzzz
    Originally posted by Monomach
    Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      A one loss Alabama would still make the NC game over Boise State or TCU. Believe that, brother!

That's why I hate the BCS.

Oh hey Hulk.

Comment

Just based on what theyve done this year (which is all it should be) I'll go with Oregon. I think theyll end up losing and OSU will probably be there in the end, but right now Oregon has been very good. I though Stanford was the most impressive team outside of Bama before this past weekend.

Comment

Does it matter? It doesn't. If both go undefeated, Ohio State is going to the National Title based on name alone.

And anyone who said the Pac-10 isn't better than the Big Ten is crazy...

Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

597 yards given up by Oregon in one game.

That is why they have no business sniffing #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
              Does it matter? It doesn't. If both go undefeated, Ohio State is going to the National Title based on name alone.

And anyone who said the Pac-10 isn't better than the Big Ten is crazy...
              so having 3 top 25 teams is better than having 6?

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
                Just based on what theyve done this year (which is all it should be) I'll go with Oregon. I think theyll end up losing and OSU will probably be there in the end, but right now Oregon has been very good. I though Stanford was the most impressive team outside of Bama before this past weekend.
                i think if oregon faces a team with a decent front 7 it's all over for them. They gave up 600 yards to Arizona State. If Ohio State was giving up those kind of yards and points every week people would be going berserk no matter how good the offense is. You can't win a title without playing D, especially when it's been shown before that your offense isn't invincible.

Comment

Since when is number of teams in the Top 25 the definitive view on how to judge a conference? The Big Ten only has 5 teams in their by the way.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

well Penn State just recently dropped out. PSU and Northwestern are likely top 25 quality. Pac Ten has at least 3 and no more than 5 top 25 quality teams....Big Ten looks like they have about 7. Middle and bottom of the Pac Ten isn't as strong as the middle and bottom of the Big Ten this year even if the top 3 are just as strong.
                    Last edited by keylime_5; 10-04-2010, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                      so having 3 top 25 teams is better than having 6?
                      There is more to a conference than that. Oregon, Stanford, and Arizona are very very good. USC is still a solid team that could compete with most Big Ten teams. I'd argue Oregon State is Top 25 caliber as well, and Arizona State isn't so shabby. I'd take the Pac-10 over the SEC this year myself.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

I'm not buying USC. They have talent but they play down to their competition every week. They lost to Washington and nearly lost to Minnesota. Oregon, Stanford, and Arizona are all real good, top 15 teams....but Big Ten has Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Michigan State all solidly in the top 25 and should be there all year. PSU and Northwestern are very solid teams, both at least as good as USC and Arizona State. Indiana isn't bad, their offense will get them 7 or 8 wins this year. Big Ten is up this year, Pac Ten isn't quite as deep. They are a 3 team league. We'll see in bowl season who is for real, but last bowl season was fantastic for the Big Ten and that was before Michigan had a killer offense.

Comment

I'm not buying USC. They have talent but they play down to their competition every week. They lost to Washington and nearly lost to Minnesota. Oregon, Stanford, and Arizona are all real good, top 15 teams....but Big Ten has Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Michigan State all solidly in the top 25 and should be there all year. PSU and Northwestern are very solid teams, both at least as good as USC and Arizona State. Indiana isn't bad, their offense will get them 7 or 8 wins this year. Big Ten is up this year, Pac Ten isn't quite as deep. They are a 3 team league. We'll see in bowl season who is for real, but last bowl season was fantastic for the Big Ten and that was before Michigan had a killer offense.
                          And I'm not buying Wisconsin. We can be even.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

you don't think Wisky is top 25? They lost a close call on the road against a pretty good MSU team, but they can run the ball and play defense. Even if they are fringe in the end there's still way more depth in the Big Ten than the Pac Ten. None are what the SEC is still even in a down year. USC, Bama, Arkansas, Florida, and Auburn are legit top 20 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                              And I'm not buying Wisconsin. We can be even.
                              Im not buying Michigan, theyve played a bunch of hacks that shouldnt even be on the same field as them.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

A 3 team league?

One of the bottom two schools in the Pac-10 just completely shut out Texas, and i don't care how bad they are this year cause they still get the top recruits in the country.

Arizona State, one of the bottom half teams was an extra point away from going into overtime with Wisconsin, on the road.

I don't buy your argument that cause the big ten has more schools ranked means theyre a tougher conference, by the end of the year that number will be equal. Michigan and Northwestern have no business being ranked.
                                Last edited by hawkeye123; 10-05-2010, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information