No announcement yet.

College Gameday Thread: Week 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the FBS bow to media pressure & give Boise St. their shot? It's the real question now.

assuming the Broncos & OSU go unbeaten until New Yrs
    Last edited by LizardState; 10-09-2010, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      Will the FBS bow to media pressure & give Boise St. their shot? It's the real question now.
      Answered you a page ago:

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      No. Boise could win every game for the rest of the season 56-0 and they'll be behind any undefeated big conference teams. And there is only one or none at the end, they'll be behind the top 1 loss schools.

I really hate that fact, but it's the truth. I want them and TCU to run the table while everyone else has at least 1 loss just to watch the BCS melt down. Man would that be sweet.....

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        Man would that be sweet.....
        For all eight of you that would watch the game, it'd be epic.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
          5-7 I think you could put in any order. Need more games to sort those out yet.

And Boise State having a far more difficult schedule than Oregon? ********. Sorry, I'm not going to count Virginia Tech as beating the #10 team. You have to look at how they are now, not what they were ranked preseason. Oregon has beat Stanford which is more impressive than Boise State's biggest victory of Oregon State. After that both schedules are kind of garbage, but still a slight edge to Oregon. Boise State has not played a harder schedule, and sure as hell not a "far more difficult" one. That's ridiculous.
          Oregon has played 1 game; Stanford. That's it. Beyond that, they've played less than no one.

Virginia Tech was a dissapointment as they always are, but they at least had the possibility of being competitive. Washington State, Portland State, some other craptastic school. Oregon has played Stanford... at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
            For all eight of you that would watch the game, it'd be epic.
            They still wouldn't get into the game....but I like anything that gives the BCS problems. Every year where it doesn't work out perfectly is one year closer to finally getting some kind of legitimate, rational, non-******** system for determining a champion.

Comment

• If there are no other undefeated teams they will get in this year. They already have a high enough ranking that they'll be able to get a top two spot if they're the only unbeaten.

However if teams like Nebraska, Oklahoma, Auburn, LSU, who are currently behind Boise State, go undefeated as well they will and should jump them.

Comment

• I cant see how Nebraska runs the table and beats Oklahoma for the Big-12 title and doesnt get to the championship game.

Comment

If there are no other undefeated teams they will get in this year. They already have a high enough ranking that they'll be able to get a top two spot if they're the only unbeaten.

However if teams like Nebraska, Oklahoma, Auburn, LSU, who are currently behind Boise State, go undefeated as well they will and should jump them.
                  If Alabama wins the SEC, they're in. If Nebraska wins the Big XII with one non-Oklahoma loss, they're in. If Ohio State finishes with one loss, they're ahead of BSU.

Comment

If there are no other undefeated teams they will get in this year. They already have a high enough ranking that they'll be able to get a top two spot if they're the only unbeaten.

could TCU overtake Boise on the back of a better schedule?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                    - Corner or Wideout in the first
                    - No reaching
                    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      I cant see how Nebraska runs the table and beats Oklahoma for the Big-12 title and doesnt get to the championship game.
                      Oh, they so would get in. If there are any two big conference undefeated teams, no matter what Boise or TCU does the rest of the season, they'll get in over them. Unquestioned.

In fact, I'm pulling for Nebraska. The idea of potentially having an Ohio State - OU championship makes me sick.

Comment

• On a sidenote does Denard Robinson's heisman run get a pass for todays performance?

Comment

On a sidenote does Denard Robinson's heisman run get a pass for todays performance?
                          I said it earlier and I'll say it again....might as well put the Heisman on Pryor's mantle right now. The media is all over his nutsack....can't wait for him to fail in the pros.

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
                            could TCU overtake Boise on the back of a better schedule?
                            If Utah is still a top 10 team they should.

Comment

• Ohio State-Nebraska for a Big Ten-Big Ten National Title game would be sweet... plus, the 2 best defenses in college football.

Oh, and if Tressel ever retires, Pelini could be the next Ohio State coach.

Comment

I cant see how Nebraska runs the table and beats Oklahoma for the Big-12 title and doesnt get to the championship game.
                                True, Nebraska has a shot. Lots of teams have a shot now -- SCAR s/b there except for the Auburn loss. And Auburn has the best shot but their path still runs thru Tuscaloosa & Saban has beaten them in the past like tied up billygoats.

Oregon, Oklahoma, & Boise St the Collge FB Boutique Team all have a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information