College Gameday Thread: Week 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
    Statistically they are bad sure, but they still probably have one of the most talented.
    That's good. It must be really comforting to know that they're "one of the most talented" when they're one of the worst defenses. Talent doesn't mean dick if you don't do anything with it. I don't care what they were ranked in high school. They suck now.

Comment

• Can you imagine if some practice squad/scout team player on Auburn accidentally hurt Cam Newton? He'd be the most hated man in the city

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        That's good. It must be really comforting to know that they're "one of the most talented" when they're one of the worst defenses. Talent doesn't mean dick if you don't do anything with it. I don't care what they were ranked in high school. They suck now.
        first season with a new coordinator, quite a few new players....damn that must be easy.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

first season with a new coordinator, quite a few new players....damn that must be easy.
          What part of "I don't care, they still suck right now" is so ******* difficult to understand? I don't care if they're starting 11 terminally ill monkeys on defense. They may eventually be good. They're not good right now, no matter how many stars they had in high school or whatever excuses you want to use. They are above-average in exactly one significant defensive category. Below-average in everything else. Crazily enough, that means they're not good. I'm not sure why people are having such a tough time grasping this concept.

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
            I can't take this crap every week. ****
            It was like this with Notre Dame last year, lost like 5 games in the last minute of the game...

Comment

What part of "I don't care, they still suck right now" is so ******* difficult to understand? I don't care if they're starting 11 terminally ill monkeys on defense. They may eventually be good. They're not good right now, no matter how many stars they had in high school or whatever excuses you want to use. They are above-average in exactly one significant defensive category. Below-average in everything else. Crazily enough, that means they're not good. I'm not sure why people are having such a tough time grasping this concept.
              you need to take a ****** chill pill is what you need to do.

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Because I said that USC has a bad defense? Okay then.

Comment

Because I said that USC has a bad defense? Okay then.
                  Im talking about your last post....and youre little rant.

Comment

Im talking about your last post....and youre little rant.
                    Because you're throwing out a laundry list of excuses that I don't care about. Whatever excuse you want to use doesn't diminish that, as of right now, USC's defense is substantially below-average and therefore wouldn't be considered a "very good defense". In what area should USC be considered a "very good" defense? Pass defense? Points per game? Rush defense? Turnovers forced? It's all well and good that every player was a coveted recruit and that they each had nine million stars next to their name by Rivals and Scout, but at the end of the day, they're not a good defense right now. It's really not that complicated. Iowa is a very good defense. Do you know why? Probably because they've actually done something to prove it. Could/will USC's defense ever become good? Sure, more than likely. But right now, they're not. It's really pretty simple.

Instead of telling me to "take a chill pill" without ever addressing my issue, explain to me how USC's defense should be considered "very good". I'll be waiting.

Comment

Because you're throwing out a laundry list of excuses that I don't care about. Whatever excuse you want to use doesn't diminish that, as of right now, USC's defense is substantially below-average and therefore wouldn't be considered a "very good defense". In what area should USC be considered a "very good" defense? Pass defense? Points per game? Rush defense? Turnovers forced? It's all well and good that every player was a coveted recruit and that they each had nine million stars next to their name by Rivals and Scout, but at the end of the day, they're not a good defense right now. It's really not that complicated. Iowa is a very good defense. Do you know why? Probably because they've actually done something to prove it. Could/will USC's defense ever become good? Sure, more than likely. But right now, they're not. It's really pretty simple.

Instead of telling me to "take a chill pill" without ever addressing my issue, explain to me how USC's defense should be considered "very good". I'll be waiting.
                      I never one time said that they were good, or they were very good....Not one time did I EVER say they were good. So go back and read my posts. I simply said they are still very talented.....and talent still has its way of making things somewhat difficult.

Comment

Um, what? SC's defense is awful. They went into the game with 116th-ranked pass defense in the nation, 61st-ranked scoring D, 44th-ranked rush D, and was tied for 54th in takeaways. What part of that is "very good"?
                        Stats don't mean crap. Impact players like Stephon Gilmore and Cliff Matthews do.

Comment

• Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                          Stats don't mean crap. Impact players like Stephon Gilmore and Cliff Matthews do.
                          Trojans, not Gamecocks.

Comment

Trojans, not Gamecocks.
                            whoops, wrong SC.

Yeah, USC's defense is really bad this year. Casey's the only good player on that defense, the rest can't do their jobs right.

Comment

• Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                              whoops, wrong SC.

Yeah, USC's defense is really bad this year. Casey's the only good player on that defense, the rest can't do their jobs right.
                              Armond Armstead, Michael Morgan, Chris Galippo, and Shareece Wright will all be drafted. They just dont play that well together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                                Armond Armstead, Michael Morgan, Chris Galippo, and Shareece Wright will all be drafted. They just dont play that well together.
                                Galippo is not good.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information