• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
    Is this guy usually accurate?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...roadtobcs/0901

last year

Comment

The system is broken, but rewarding teams for playing the weakest schedules definitely isn't the solution.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
        Boise State and TCU have no business ever being in a National Championship game.
        Thats where youre wrong, why the **** not?

Boise comes out every year and throws out an open challenge to everyone in the country because they wanna raise their SOS....they even make the challenge saying they dont have to set up a home at home....they will go to play at the other teams' place. Its not their fault that every team in college football is scared of em because they dont have a ****** sack.

They have done everything they have been asked to do....they deserve the chance if they go undefeated. Stop being a hater.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Reward them so more people realize it broken and then want to do something about it.

Pretty much once the big conference have a whole in their pocket from not getting that BCS Championship game, they'll want to do something about it.

Comment

http://www.gberatings.com/sos/

And BSU's schedule is actually not that much weaker than most teams....i mean cmon OSU is sitting at 93 for shits' sake. and Oregon at 113....really scheduling some juggernauts.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

What happens if at the end of the season Virginia Tech wins the ACC and Oregon State wins the Pac-10? Does Boise get any credit for beating two BCS bowl teams?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                Note to top teams:
                Stop playing good teams. Schedule two mediocre ones at best, barely win, play powder puff conference teams and play for a NC.
                Good message to send.
                I hate to tell you, but this has been the strategy for quite a few national champions in the past.

"Tough conference games" and an out of conference schedule that would be easy for an FCS team.
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                  What happens if at the end of the season Virginia Tech wins the ACC and Oregon State wins the Pac-10? Does Boise get any credit for beating two BCS bowl teams?
                  Don't be stupid. That doesn't count, it only matters where those teams where when they got beat.

But for other teams it will matter just not for Boise. If SC wins the SEC, well Bama lost to the SECzzz speeddzz champions, so its okay that they are ranked higher as a 1 loss team then the undefeated teams.

Comment

There is no way in Hell Boise State and TCU play each other in the NC. I'll chop off my balls. Now, under the right circumstances I wanna see one of them get a shot at the power in the NC, but like some1 else said, even if Boise is #1 right away...Ohio State plays Iowa and Michigan, a SEC team goes undefeated. Oregon keep it going, and Boise will fall no matter what.

Comment

The ignorance in regards to this subject is just mind-boggling. I keep hearing excuses, excuses, and more excuses but no solutions to the problem. It's too easy just to keep spouting off "OMG!!! They only play two good teamzz. They suck. LOL!!!" without actually putting any thought into what you're saying.

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                      If Boise wants a national title they're gonna have to do more then play the schedule they do. I don't want to hear how it's not their fault who they play, because it's no one elses job to get them a schedule.
                      Do you know how college football scheduling works? YOU CAN'T PUT A TEAM ON YOUR SCHEDULE IF THEY DON'T WANT TO SCHEDULE YOU. So yeah, it kind of is other teams' jobs to get them a tougher schedule. You think Alabama is begging Boise for a game but the Broncos said "Nah, we'll schedule Toledo instead"? In case you missed it Boise State just joined a conference starting next year featuring four other very solid teams just to watch two of those teams get up and leave the conference immediately after. Please explain to me a realistic way for Boise State to strengthen it's schedule. If you know how they can, and it sounds like you do, I would like to know. Gene Bleymaier is dying to know as well.

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                      Note to top teams:
                      Stop playing good teams. Schedule two mediocre ones at best, barely win, play powder puff conference teams and play for a NC.
                      Good message to send.
                      Win all of your games? Too ******* bad your not going to the National Championship game. We like this team who didn't win all of their games better.

Much better message to send.

Comment

I would much rather see a Boise State/TCU championship game than a LSU/Auburn or Ohio State/LSU championship game. For two reasons, 1: I like both teams, and they have earned their shot. 2: When the NCAA and the conferences start losing money, maybe they will understand that the BCS is garbage!

Comment

How weak are TCU and Boise State's schedules really?

The Big East gets an automatic BCS bid and the only team in the Top 25 is West Virginia... at 25.

The ACC gets an automatic BCS bid and the only team in the Top 25 is Florida State... at 16.

The Mountain West has #4 TCU, #11 Utah, and #23 Air Force while the WAC has #3 Boise State #19 Nevada and the Broncos and Horned Frogs played better OOC schedules than anyone else in contention for the National Title. I just don't see how you keep them out over a 1-loss team from the SEC or anywhere else. It's just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                            How weak are TCU and Boise State's schedules really?

The Big East gets an automatic BCS bid and the only team in the Top 25 is West Virginia... at 25.

The ACC gets an automatic BCS bid and the only team in the Top 25 is Florida State... at 16.

The Mountain West has #4 TCU, #11 Utah, and #23 Air Force while the WAC has #3 Boise State #19 Nevada and the Broncos and Horned Frogs played better OOC schedules than anyone else in contention for the National Title. I just don't see how you keep them out over a 1-loss team from the SEC or anywhere else. It's just ridiculous.
                            That's fine, but we aren't talking about BCS. We are talking about national title which Big East/ACC aren't touching. I've never said it is Boise's fault, it is the BCS' fault, but if you aren't in the SEC, Big Ten, or Big 12, you aren't going to sniff the national title unless there is less than two undefeated teams from those conferences.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                              I would much rather see a Boise State/TCU championship game than a LSU/Auburn or Ohio State/LSU championship game. For two reasons, 1: I like both teams, and they have earned their shot. 2: When the NCAA and the conferences start losing money, maybe they will understand that the BCS is garbage!
                              Boise/TCU's Bowl game last year was one of the lowest rated Bowl games in history. It was down 21 percent from the year before for the Fiesta Bowl. Right near it? The Boise/Oklahoma game. The NCAA makes money by keeping TCU and Boise out of big games. Sad, but true. We all will watch no matter what, the casual fan won't. That won't help change the system.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                                The ignorance in regards to this subject is just mind-boggling.

Do you know how college football scheduling works? YOU CAN'T PUT A TEAM ON YOUR SCHEDULE IF THEY DON'T WANT TO SCHEDULE YOU. So yeah, it kind of is other teams' jobs to get them a tougher schedule.
                                You do realize that Boise (yes, podunk Boise) demands $1M to play an away game without a return visit. That is insane. What big school is going to do that? Schedule a decent team and pay them so you don't have to play on their podunk blue field?

Former podunk teams didn't pop up over night. FSU took all comers. Virginia Tech as well. Ransoming the big boys isn't the way to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information