ESPN's Brad Edwards projects Boise State as BCS #1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
    What you just said made your argument ****, you just told me that a Big East schedule is harder.

Cinci is the only one ahead of BSU as far as SOS, so if BSU's and the Big East's schedules get weaker as the year goes along, Cinci is still the ONLY Big east team with a harder SOS.
    Boises conference is weaker then the Big East. While Cincys will go down, it's not going to plummet like Boises will after playing New Mexico St, Toledo, San Jose St, and Louisiana Tech in consecutive weeks.

They played similar ooc schedules, Boises slightly stronger in my opinion, but Boises conference schedule is just too pathetic to ignore.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
      And that's because Oklahoma was willing to play them...
      And if Boise didn't have ridiculous demands people would play them too.

Don't fall into the "well play anyone anywhere trap." Thats the product of some PR firm they hired to convince the nation they deserve it. They played Virginia Tech at. "neutral" site in order to have VT avoid paying their ridiculous demands.

While Boise is actually demanding a $1 million dollar payment to go to a game and not have it returned. That's ridiculous.

Not to mention that teams have their schedules made up years in advance, so Boise cant just show up and think people will be willing to drop their plans and add Boise at the last second.

Boises schedule is only the fault of Boise. Its no one elses job to get them a tough schedule. If they wanna play the weak schedule and hope no one else goes undefeated that's all fine with me, but then they can't ***** when undefeated teams from real conferences hop them in the rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
        http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-09/b...l-schedule.php

And this is a quality schedule? Playing the Big East and toughest out of conference being Oregon State isn't what I would call quality. Definitely not quality that people here would have accepted them over Texas.
        You should really stop talking on this subject as you have no idea what you're talking about.

The Big East had several extremely tough teams last year like Pittsburgh, West Virginia, and UConn.

And Oregon State played everyone extremely tough aside from their Bowl game.

Comment

Don't fall into the "well play anyone anywhere trap." Thats the product of some PR firm they hired to convince the nation they deserve it. They played Virginia Tech at. "neutral" site in order to have VT avoid paying their ridiculous demands.

While Boise is actually demanding a $1 million dollar payment to go to a game and not have it returned. That's ridiculous.

Not to mention that teams have their schedules made up years in advance, so Boise cant just show up and think people will be willing to drop their plans and add Boise at the last second.

Boises schedule is only the fault of Boise. Its no one elses job to get them a tough schedule. If they wanna play the weak schedule and hope no one else goes undefeated that's all fine with me, but then they can't ***** when undefeated teams from real conferences hop them in the rankings.
          They played similar ooc schedules, Boises slightly stronger in my opinion, but Boises conference schedule is just too pathetic to ignore.
          Their OOC schedule this year has been more than difficult enough. You're disqualifying them based on their Conference Schedule, so everything you're posting here is irrelevant.

Pick an argument and stick with it.
          Last edited by wonderbredd24; 10-12-2010, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I believe its alot more about tougher teams being scared of playing a team like boise state than it is about the money. Money like that is nothing to the top names in college football.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

You should really stop talking on this subject as you have no idea what you're talking about.

The Big East had several extremely tough teams last year like Pittsburgh, West Virginia, and UConn.

And Oregon State played everyone extremely tough aside from their Bowl game.
              The Big East doesn't have "extremely tough" teams. Those "extremely tough teams" would have gotten destroyed in a conference like the Big Ten, Big 12, or SEC.

And by played everyone extremely tough, you mean lost 4 games, then their bowl game. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

Comment

The Big East doesn't have "extremely tough" teams. Those "extremely tough teams" would have gotten destroyed in a conference like the Big Ten, Big 12, or SEC.

And by played everyone extremely tough, you mean lost 4 games, then their bowl game. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.
                Because?

Why even have any other conference other than the Big Ten, Big XII, SEC, and PAC 10?

Evidently, they should have the big boy championship with those 4 conferences and then another championship with the rest of the FBS.

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                  I believe its alot more about tougher teams being scared of playing a team like boise state than it is about the money. Money like that is nothing to the top names in college football.
                  Why would a team pay a good Boise team to come in while they can pay a lesser team, say in OSUs case, Ohio U or Marshall, less money to come in, and it costs us nothing because the stadium is still a sell out, the city is still packed, and the tv ratings don't get boosted much at all by playing Boise.

Teams with real conferences don't need to play Boise to improve their schedule. Boise needs to play them. So they really arnt in any place to be demanding cash to play a team. If Boise wants to play them, they need to find a way to make it benefit the other team, not cost them money.

Best thing to remember, it's always about the money.

Comment

Why would a team pay a good Boise team to come in while they can pay a lesser team, say in OSUs case, Ohio U or Marshall, less money to come in, and it costs us nothing because the stadium is still a sell out, the city is still packed, and the tv ratings don't get boosted much at all by playing Boise.

Teams with real conferences don't need to play Boise to improve their schedule. Boise needs to play them. So they really arnt in any place to be demanding cash to play a team. If Boise wants to play them, they need to find a way to make it benefit the other team, not cost them money.

Best thing to remember, it's always about the money.
                    Interesting... so Boise State-Ohio State on ABC or ESPN wouldn't get much of a boost in ratings over Ohio State-Ohio or Ohio State-Marshall on the Big Ten Network?

Sure you wanna go with that?

Comment

Because?

Why even have any other conference other than the Big Ten, Big XII, SEC, and PAC 10?

Evidently, they should have the big boy championship with those 4 conferences and then another championship with the rest of the FBS.
                      Because it's what would happen. You really think a team from the Big East would survive the conference schedules of any of those conferences without 3 or 4 losses. If you do, we simply disagree.

And evidently, there already is a Big Boy Championship. As long as 2 teams from those 4 conferences go undefeated every year, no other school stands a chance.

Comment

Interesting... so Boise State-Ohio State on ABC or ESPN wouldn't get much of a boost in ratings over Ohio State-Ohio or Ohio State-Marshall on the Big Ten Network?

id like to see what he says to this...

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

It would naturally, but don't pretend Boises ratings are great. If it had to compete with another decent game, it would definitely lose.

Virginia Tech game was different because it was the only game on at the time. Definitely a smart move.

And the Big Ten makes a ton of money getting those games on their network. Thats why Big Ten teams makes more money per school then any other conference.

Comment

And I think were getting way off my only point in this thread, that Boise doesn't deserve to play in a title game over an undefeated team from a real conference.

Comment

It would naturally, but don't pretend Boises ratings are great. If it had to compete with another decent game, it would definitely lose.

Virginia Tech game was different because it was the only game on at the time. Definitely a smart move.

And the Big Ten makes a ton of money getting those games on their network. Thats why Big Ten teams makes more money per school then any other conference.
                              The BTN's profitability has nothing to do with an individual games' TV ratings.

What game would #1 Ohio State-#3 Boise State lose to in terms of ratings this season?

Comment

And I think were getting way off my only point in this thread, that Boise doesn't deserve to play in a title game over an undefeated team from a real conference.
                                And that's because they reportedly demand too much money to play anyone on the part of the schedule they can control even though you already admitted their OOC was satisfactory this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information