ESPN's Brad Edwards projects Boise State as BCS #1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
    Or how about your Ohio St. Luckeyes, think they would monkey stomp them?
    The OSU defensive front seven would overwhelm their offense.

And "Luckeyes"? Really? You do very well at furthering the perception that the rest of the nation has of the residents of the state of Alabama.

Comment

Relevance, seriously? Utah >>>>>>>>>>>> Boise St.
      Boise State managed to beat the best of the Mountain West in TCU last year without the blue turf. I don't see why they couldn't beat Utah.

Originally posted by LizardState
      Or how about your Ohio St. Luckeyes, think they would monkey stomp them?
      I'd love to find out. What we do know is Alabama got destroyed.

No one? Only about 75-80% of fans polled in every yr. I've seen a poll, + heavyweight FBS/BCS coaches, + the President of the US...... I could go on.
      Hi, I'm obvious sarcasm. Have we met?

Comment

I'd love to join the boycott, but there's no way I could ever not watch a college football game.

So I'll just continue to support the broken system and ***** that someone needs to be done.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
          strongly disagree. i have not and will continue to not watch a single BCS bowl game until the situation is resolved with a playoff of some kind. they won't get my tv money, and, where i can, i avoid buying products from the sponsors.

does my tiny contribution (or lack thereof) mean ****? of course not. but i refuse to support a product that's almost inarguably inferior for the consumer, no matter how much i may argue about it.
          While flawed, it's still entertaining for the most part.

Perfection is difficult to achieve, and even a hardcore playoff will not yield the most optimal of results, as it rewards the teams that were playing the very best on one day.

Still, props on your convictions. The current solution is ridiculous, and empty. It's still a mythical national championship.

I mean it's so messed up that we can have a situation where MSU and OSU are both undefeated in the same conference (albeit this won't be an issue next season.)

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
            get rid of this system then we wouldn't have to argue.
            Exactly, we need playoffs.
            Makes no sense taking place in a contest you can't win.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
              i've been helped lately in that i haven't felt most of the top games were very good matchups (and because CU sucks, if we were any good i'd be hard pressed to not watch). but i just got fed up with it. it's so rare that the top two teams actually play, and it's so much about wringing every last dollar out of the process, instead of trying a process that could make exponentially more money if done properly. instead, we're talking about allowing teams with losing records into bowl games.

*shakes head*
              Just remember that it's who controls the money, just not the magnitude of it. If a third party (say ESPN or Fox, etc...) comes up with a deal that is appealing to the major conference heads and the major schools involved, then we'll see a playoff.

I'm sure the power politics involved are interesting.

Comment

Relevance, seriously? Utah >>>>>>>>>>>> Boise St.
                Youre ******* high.

BSU would mop Utah.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                  Youre ******* high.

BSU would mop Utah.
                  I don't know about mop, but I do think that they'd win 8 times out of 10.

Comment

Boise is definitely a better team then Utah this year. Not that this has much to do withnthe Utah team that beat Bama.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                      Because?

Why even have any other conference other than the Big Ten, Big XII, SEC, and PAC 10?

Evidently, they should have the big boy championship with those 4 conferences and then another championship with the rest of the FBS.

THIS.

I've been thinking about this for a while. Why not all the non-automatic teams get together and make their own stuff happen. Now the BIG Boys, won't be able to schedule cup cakes, without that super left out conferences asking for huge demands.

Sure they maybe a money problem to start but they gotta be smart and figure things out, make their own "BCS" so to speak. Then when the BCS gets pissed, and tries to stop them from doing it. BAM lawsuit for the new guys, for idk antitrust & monopolization of the championship. Also since the BCS won't have enough teams to fill out its 30 something bowls, they'll give in or some ****.

Comment

• Where the hell is everyone getting this BSU charges 1 million to play them? Only 1 school came out with that and it was Nebraska.

Comment

• Also that VT 'neutral' site wasn't much neutral seeing its on the east coast, pretty damn close to VT. VT controlled the video board, non of the Boise st players were shown in the lineup. Also VT band came out, but not the Boise horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                            Where the hell is everyone getting this BSU charges 1 million to play them? Only 1 school came out with that and it was Nebraska.
                            Over-defensive about nothing much?

Comment

• The BSU/TCU hate around here is just making me confused.

Teams who win all of their games aren't even allowed to play for the title? So what's the point of competing if you can't win?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                                Over-defensive about nothing much?
                                ahaha, not really.

I'm just saying a few poster are using this argument. That in order to play Boise you need to pay them 1 million, they make it seem that Boise it trying to find a way to co-op out of playing big teams. That they are holding teams at a pirates' ransom. Lets get some facts together, 1 million for most big boys is nothing, compared to the revenue they gain from playing them.

Ohio St. has payed 2 million to Navy for a game, 1 million to CU.

But also that most schools that pay out that much are paying for a win pretty much and not to travel to the other teams site.

Yes, 1 million is a bit much for a potential loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information