ESPN's Brad Edwards projects Boise State as BCS #1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN's Brad Edwards projects Boise State as BCS #1

Six weeks into the college football season and one week before the first Bowl Championship Series standings are released, there are 13 unbeaten teams in all three polls.

So who'd be the BCS' No. 1 if the standings came out today? Would it be consensus No. 1 Ohio State, the top team in The Associated Press, USA Today and Harris polls? Or maybe fellow unbeaten Oregon, ranked No. 2 and earning first-place votes in all three polls?

According to the projection of ESPN's Brad Edwards, it's consensus No. 3 Boise State.

According to the projections, the No. 1 Buckeyes would place fifth in the BCS standings, percentage points behind Oklahoma.

Edwards projects the unbeaten Broncos, the highest-ranked team from a non-automatic qualifying conference, as the top team in the standings by a comfortable margin, followed by Oregon. The top two teams in the final regular-season BCS standings play in the BCS National Championship Game.

Fellow BCS buster TCU places third in Edwards' projections, followed by Oklahoma at .8425 and Ohio State at .8421.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5673225

All I know is that I'm tired of seeing the same teams in the title game. Boise deserves a shot at the national title for years, and this year should be THE year.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 10-11-2010, 01:18 PM.

It won't be if there are two other undefeated teams. They will fall...hard.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I think/hope Nevada beats them.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
        It won't be if there are two other undefeated teams. They will fall...hard.
        I think Boise and TCU will go to the NC over Auburn and maybe even LSU or Oklahoma.

Conferences are just overrated. The BCS also considers, a lot, weeks in the ranks.

Comment

Note to top teams:
          Stop playing good teams. Schedule two mediocre ones at best, barely win, play powder puff conference teams and play for a NC.
          Good message to send.

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

Boise State and TCU have no business ever being in a National Championship game.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
              I think Boise and TCU will go to the NC over Auburn and maybe even LSU or Oklahoma.
              I'd be pretty upset if that happened. SOS should be a big factor, even if its unfair to legitimately good non-AQ teams.
              I'm a state.

Comment

The rankings will change significantly as BSU's and TCU's schedules weaken over time and the other top teams get into the meat of their schedule. Boise has to hope for VaTech and Oregon State to run the table to have anything noteworthy on their schedule. VaTech could possibly do that with their schedule and climb back into the rankings to help Boise's case. OSU finishes against USC, Stanford and Oregon. Hoping for the Beavers to be ranked when all is said and done is pushing it. Nevada may climb a bit, but they will get murdered in the polls with a loss to Boise.

Comment

Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
                  Boise State and TCU have no business ever being in a National Championship game.
                  I love you.

Comment

Conferences are just overrated. The BCS also considers, a lot, weeks in the ranks.
                    That's a complete joke. You think they'd make it over Auburn or LSU, that would have to go through a ridiculously tough SEC schedule.

I can understand arguing Boise over Nebraska, who plays a very weak schedule, but anyone other then them is just wrong.

If Boise wants a national title they're gonna have to do more then play the schedule they do. I don't want to hear how it's not their fault who they play, because it's no one elses job to get them a schedule.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

You are joking, right? An undefeated SEC team doesn't go over Boise? An undefeated Big 12 team? You can say it is overrated, but it sure counts.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I actually hope both of them play each other. After that people will finally realize something is wrong with the way the NCAA FBS Champion is picked.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                          Note to top teams:
                          Stop playing good teams. Schedule two mediocre ones at best, barely win, play powder puff conference teams and play for a NC.
                          Good message to send.
                          Completely agree why schedule anyone outside of the sunbelt and the Mac

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5673225

All I know is that I'm tired of seeing the same teams in the title game. Boise deserves a shot at the national title for years, and this year should be THE year.
                            Is this guy usually accurate?

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                            Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

get rid of this system then we wouldn't have to argue.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information