College Gameday Thread: Week 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dwill333 View Post
    Michigan has looked awful high for the last several weeks considering they hadnt beat anyone worth talking about all year.
    It's awesome that you think I'm going to be offended when I said that UM would go 5-7 as soon as they lost to MSU. Pathetic attempt at trolling.

Comment

• We'll be ranked after we beat Miami next week, count on it.

Comment

• now that this week is over, who's your top 25? This would be my ballot:

1 Oklahoma 6-0
        SEC parity emerges as conference play begins, or more like the Any Given Saturday factor as everyone but Auburn has discovered to their dismay, & Wisconsin ambushing Ohio St. -- those are the factors + Texas having zero running game & so losing to the Sooners has elevated, uhhhhh Oregon, not Oklahoma to the #1 spot in all press polls Monday morning. So much for polling.....

Oklahoma however is #1 in the BCS poll so they're the team to beat. Except that won't happen if all likelihood if you look at their remaining schedule:

10/23 - @ Mizzou
        10/30 - Colorado
        11/6 - @ TAMU
        11/13 - Texas Tech
        11/20 - @ Baylor
        11/27 - Oklahoma St.

Do you see them losing any of those? I don't. Oklahoma has the path of least resistance to the NC game.

Oregon has a very slightly tougher schedule imo:

UCLA, @ USC, Washington, @ Cal, 11/20 idle, Arizona, @ Oregon St.

but could still run the table.
        Last edited by LizardState; 10-18-2010, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Oklahoma struggled against Utah State and Cincinnati (and to a lesser extent Texas), and last time I checked this is college football where teams lose ridiculous games all the time, so it really wouldn't be shocking to see them lose to any of those teams.

Kinda funny that everyone killed Phil Steele for having OU #1 in the preseason though. Whoops.

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

• Road games at Missouri and Texas A&M are not guaranteed wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
              Oklahoma struggled against Utah State and Cincinnati (and to a lesser extent Texas), and last time I checked this is college football where teams lose ridiculous games all the time, so it really wouldn't be shocking to see them lose to any of those teams.

Kinda funny that everyone killed Phil Steele for having OU #1 in the preseason though. Whoops.
              Yeah, we have played most of our games close besides FSU and Iowa State. OU has improved every week (like most teams generally do), but I wouldn't be shocked if we lose a game to Missouri or OSU. That said, I feel confident going into those games. OSU can't play defense.

Originally posted by P-L View Post
              Road games at Missouri and Texas A&M are not guaranteed wins.
              He had our schedule wrong there at the end, we also play @ Oklahoma State at the end of the season.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised to see OU go undefeated then bomb in the Big 12 Title game...

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                  I wouldn't be surprised to see OU go undefeated then bomb in the Big 12 Title game...
                  Why is that?

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
                    Why is that?
                    seems like something they would do

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                    - Corner or Wideout in the first
                    - No reaching
                    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
                      seems like something they would do
                      Because they're 6-1 in the Big 12 Championship under Stoops?

If we were talking about Bowl games I wouldn't of had a problem, but Stoops gets them ready for the Big 12 Championship.
                      Last edited by nrk; 10-18-2010, 05:45 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

no, because the last few seasons when they seemed in line for greatness they seemed to stumble

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                        - Corner or Wideout in the first
                        - No reaching
                        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
                          no, because the last few seasons when they seemed in line for greatness they seemed to stumble
                          agreed!!!!

However, i dont see them going undefeated though. Big 12 title game sure, but not undefeated.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

If we were talking about Bowl games I wouldn't of had a problem, but Stoops gets them ready for the Big 12 Championship.
                            Obviously it's only one game, but don't act like it's impossible when it happened to a much, much better Oklahoma team.

Also, I <3 KSU Darren Sproles. I bought NCAA before the 2002-2003 season and Sproles raped.

Comment

• Our TE out for the ******* season.
                              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                              Coples is that dude.
                              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                                Obviously it's only one game, but don't act like it's impossible when it happened to a much, much better Oklahoma team.

Also, I <3 KSU Darren Sproles. I bought NCAA before the 2002-2003 season and Sproles raped.
                                How am I acting like it's impossible? I said I wouldn't be shocked if we lost to Ok. State or Missouri, so I'm obviously not acting like it's impossible.

His reasoning of why we'd lose just bothered me. OU has been solid in Big 12 championship games, it's the bowl games we flop in.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information