College Gameday Thread: Week 9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    Missouri so getting crushed....can't say I didn't see that coming. Seems to be how teams who get a big upset fair after said upset. Nebraska is just skull ******* them right now.
    Nebraska is the only legit team in the Big XII right now. The rest of it is just a joke as far as football quality goes. They had the one bad, close loss the Texas, but besides that they've been worlds better than both Missouri and Oklahoma.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I've said this about him before....anytime I see an Iowa game, he is just at the center of any plays made by the defense. Imporant 3rd down tackle or break up? Sash is there...big turnover? Sash is somewhere nearby. Just makez playzz.
      He is just so gritty and such an intelligent football player. He makes up for not being athletic by being smart and fundamental.

Just throwing that out there before he enters the draft and it's what we hear all the time. But **** that, he's an athlete and smart. **** you racist stereotypes!!!!

Comment

• Crist out for season. Tommy Rees probably starting remainder of season.

Comment

Missouri so getting crushed....can't say I didn't see that coming. Seems to be how teams who get a big upset fair after said upset. Nebraska is just skull ******* them right now.
          Unwritten rule that if you upset the team that's no. 1 or the team that upset no.1 the previous weekend & go on the road you're ****** & plucked.

Happened to my Crimson Tide, then Ohio St, then Wisconsin, then the Sooners, now Mizzou.

Auburn & Oregon s/b sweating bullets today & the rest of the season, def looking over their shoulders. It's the curse of BCS cyber-rankings transmitted by an airborne virus or the Boise St. NC Conspiracy, your choice.

Comment

• I like Gabbert, but christ. He has a slow release and he just does not know what the hell is going on right now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
              Crist out for season. Tommy Rees probably starting remainder of season.
              Its sad, Crist was really starting to improve. Im kinda surprised that Rees is getting the call over Montana. Although Rees has looked pretty decent today.

Comment

• Horrible read there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• A couple of things here.

How good is Arizona having beat Iowa.

The Nebraska defense is really good when you feel like you have to pass.

Tyler Sash is fast enough to play at the next level (settle down Hawkeye fans)

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                    Unwritten rule that if you upset the team that's no. 1 or the team that upset no.1 the previous weekend & go on the road you're ****** & plucked.

Happened to my Crimson Tide, then Ohio St, then Wisconsin, then the Sooners, now Mizzou.

Auburn & Oregon s/b sweating bullets today & the rest of the season, def looking over their shoulders. It's the curse of BCS cyber-rankings transmitted by an airborne virus or the Boise St. NC Conspiracy, your choice.
                    My theory is that the proverbial football gods love Boise State, and will continue to punish the football devil's BCS abomination until it is removed from the physical world.

I'm thinking it might be like "Angels in the Outfield" and that Boise is going to have the path to the championship game cleared for them, but once there, they have to win it on their own accord.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post

Umm, no...

Comment

• Seeing a bit of a different Nebraska defense today. Team struggled rushing the passer and stopping the run, but not so today. Getting pressure without help from the secondary, and the boys are there to stop the run as well.

But I think it should be well known now - Nebraska has the best secondary in the country, hands down. Today we start two new safeties, and have put in a true freshman to replace Dennard (who got hurt early in the game) and so far we haven't missed a beat. Love those guys.

And Roy Helu is doin' work!

Comment

• I don't think there's any kind of curse. Alabama was the only legit team there at number one. Maybe Ohio State as well, but both of those teams went down to good opponents. It's going to happen when you play tough teams week after week. The rest of it just shows how stupid it is that we're following a sports where the best team is determined by computers.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Tyler Sash is fast enough to play at the next level (settle down Hawkeye fans)
                            Sash would look great with blue star on his helmet on Sundays. If they can't get Deunta Williams, I'll take him. Dallas' safety play is horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                              Umm, no...
                              Hey, I have no problem switching it to an Iowa W....

Comment

• Undefeated teams going down today: 2 and counting.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information