No announcement yet.

College Gameday Thread: Week 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~ 8 ppl handled McElroy's latest tipped pass, including the umpire, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      Peterson stopped Julio short for a chg. Yeah if you go down underneath he goes down too, it's ingenious.

Will Peterson be the #1 overall pick b/c teams are too cheap to pay Luck or Locker gazillions?
      They'd have to pay him (gazillions - 1) so no. Despite all of the hand-wringing and talk, no team has ever not paid it's top pick or anything like that.

Plus, there's a chance of the new CBA being done...and with that, reasonable rookie deals.

Comment

Will Peterson be the #1 overall pick b/c teams are too cheap to pay Luck or Locker gazillions?
        Has this ever happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
          No. For the same reason Bradford went #1 overall. Teams who need a QB will always take one. Even though Suh was the best player, he didn't go #1
          How did the Watt vs Kerrigan storyline turn out today?

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
            How did the Watt vs Kerrigan storyline turn out today?
            I didnt watch too much of it here because I hate the Big 10 Networks coverage teams. The last I saw, Watt went off the field hurt.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

• Bama with a 4-point lead & flags fall on us.

Comes with the road turf.

Comment

• Ingram's vision is nasty.

bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                  Ingram's vision is nasty.
                  If he had top end speed, he would be the prospect a lot of people think he is. But he's not on the level of a guy like AP and I think it would be foolish to touch him in the top 10-15....we'll see what the actual NFL teams think in a few months.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    They'd have to pay him (gazillions - 1) so no. Despite all of the hand-wringing and talk, no team has ever not paid it's top pick or anything like that.

Plus, there's a chance of the new CBA being done...and with that, reasonable rookie deals.
                    There will be a special rookie cap, count on it. The teams will point to the down economy & whine even after posting rcd profits.

Wonderbredd, I think the last defensive player to go #1 overall was Mario Williams to the Texans. They paid him a lot but < QBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                      If he had top end speed, he would be the prospect a lot of people think he is. But he's not on the level of a guy like AP and I think it would be foolish to touch him in the top 10-15....we'll see what the actual NFL teams think in a few months.
                      But he's 5'10" and extremely powerful. Unlike many power backs, he's not a real big target so he doesn't take the shots a guy like Chris Wells would take and I think that really works in his favor.

Plus, he may not be the fastest guy in the world, but DBs struggle to bring him down anyway.

Comment

• julio killing peterson on the out patterns now, theyre hard to cover anyway. Miles throws his headset early...

Comment

julio killing peterson on the out patterns now, theyre hard to cover anyway. Miles throws his headset early...
                          Peterson wasn't covering him there.

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                            But he's 5'10" and extremely powerful. Unlike many power backs, he's not a real big target so he doesn't take the shots a guy like Chris Wells would take and I think that really works in his favor.

Plus, he may not be the fastest guy in the world, but DBs struggle to bring him down anyway.
                            He's from Flint, MI & would love to play for the Lions so he's said but I think like many others that he will be a Patriot..... just b/c their coach will control the early draft as usual & wants him. And Saban is a Bellichick protege'

Comment

• Nevis on LSU looks like Dorsey out there today!

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post

And that's great in college, but once you get to the pros, defenders also get bigger and stronger across the board. Unless you've got some elite measurables, which he doesn't, it's going to be hard to still put up epic numbers and be great with his style of play.

I think he's a guy who'll have more of a Curtis Martin type of career. Never an elite back, but a guy who can rush for 1000+ every year and be extremely consistent.

But RBs like that just don't get selected high....they really need to bring something amazing to the table like AP or McFadden. Plus with so many committees of RBs and the NFL going more and more pass whacky, it devalues the RB even more.

It'll be interesting to see where he actually ends up. I don't think he touches the top 10 like some would suggest.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information