Auburn/Cam Newton under NCAA investigation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
    I'd like to remind you how this whole thing started. Dan Mullen (MSU Coach/OC at Florida when Newton was there) started these allegations (defamation of Cam Newton) right before MSU was set to play Auburn after he was urged by Urban Meyer to do so. If they actually had a case for this, why wait until right before he is set to play your team? Do it 3 weeks before so you know he is ineligible by the time Auburn comes to town. The entire thing has been pure libel from the standpoint of these scumbags throwing every possible allegation at Cam Newton hoping one sticks.

Now if he is ruled ineligible by the NCAA (one of the slowest working organizations ever) before the NC I'll be surprised. I personally don't see anything written that seems all that conclusive at this point, so it won't happen in my opinion. I hope Cam Newton sues Mullen/whoever leaked the story for defamation. I think he has a really good case, especially if he is forced to go out early and doesn't go in the first round "because of this"
    I didn't realize the SEC played in July, which is when this investigation began. Maybe that is why they can get away with playing Chattanooga, Jacksonville State, and Georgia State

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
      I didn't realize the SEC played in July, which is when this investigation began. Maybe that is why they can get away with playing Chattanooga, Jacksonville State, and Georgia State
      where do you say you got this from?
      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
        where do you say you got this from?
        Mississippi State reported this whole issue in January. The NCAA picked it up and started investigating in July.

A simple google search will get you there... you can decide which source(s) you find credible.

Comment

• ncaa is supposed to give a statement anywhere from wed-fri. im thinking theyre going to say he's clear and good to go.

kenny rogers is also getting interviewed by the ncaa right now as i type this.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• If Mike Slive had any nads at all this already would've been settled since the SEC has stricter rules on this situation than the NCAA does. But he probably doesn't want to set a precedent.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• the stuff ESPN is scrolling does not sound good...

Gives the impression that Cecil Newton knew exactly what he was doing and used a middle man for the sake of being able to say he was not the one specifically asking for the money. I don't think that is going to work

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                the stuff ESPN is scrolling does not sound good...

Gives the impression that Cecil Newton knew exactly what he was doing and used a middle man for the sake of being able to say he was not the one specifically asking for the money. I don't think that is going to work
                Here you go. The guy is toast. I think Auburn is toast.

Here is a compilation by an obsessed LSU fan.

Comment

• Unless this guy can actually show the text from his "water-damaged" phone then I don't think this should mean too much, or that the text was actually from Newtons father

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                    Unless this guy can actually show the text from his "water-damaged" phone then I don't think this should mean too much, or that the text was actually from Newtons father
                    Text messages supposedly exist for several years... seems like a simple call to the phone's company would clear that up in a hurry.

If the NCAA looks at this like criminal law where Newton has to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, he might have a shot at beating this. However, if it is merely establishing guilt based on the preponderance of evidence like in civil court (far more likely in my opinion), then Cameron Newton is completely and totally boned. Whether that happens now or a year from now, it is likely to happen. But if it happens after what would be a meaningless title game that another qualified team could have gone to, that would be an absolute shame.

Comment

• all im going to do is lol aand wait til this is over. this is nothing new on what ive heard since last week.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• Looking up old text messages is easy for phone companies. If he really did send one, they are going to probably have the record of it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Hah not saying the guy is lying but I love how everything has to be so difficult. Saved a text message on an old phone which has water damage.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• The new info thats coming out on this is going to blast Auburn into the stone age. The unc fiasco is small potatoes compared to this. Newton is just the tip of the iceberg. Trooper Taylor is the John Blake of the 21st century and the boosters of a basketball school can't even pretend to act like they can keep up with the guys behind this mess. The FBI had one of them wire tapped for another mess altogether and just stumbled upon this as a result. And lol @ whats going to happen to Slive for trying to cover this up

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                              Here you go. The guy is toast. I think Auburn is toast.

Here is a compilation by an obsessed LSU fan.
                              It was nice knowing you, Auburn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                                It was nice knowing you, Auburn.
                                Yeah, this is crazy stuff. If even 10% of this is true, they are nuked.

Here is a summary of the message board link:

The FBI has been investigating Colonial Bank and Louder for a number
                                of possible violations in the financial market crash which are
                                unrelated to AU. Part of the investigation involved gambling fraud
                                between McGregor and Colonial Bank. Something called the Rico Stature
                                allowed the justice department to set up wiretaps on Colonial Bank.
                                On the wiretaps the FBI found major AU recruiting infractions involving
                                Louder, McGregor, Dye, Trooper, boosters and others.
                                Here’s what they say the FBI has on tape and can prove AU did:

• The people above are on tape explaining who they paid and how they did it.
                                • It involves many AU players
                                • Providing unmarked Colonial Bank ATM cards to players to withdraw
                                money from secret accounts.
                                • Giving “slot machine cards” to the players, which now involves the
                                Alabama Gaming Commission.
                                • Provided improper loans to some of the families in our last and
                                current recruiting class.
                                • The NCAA “strongly” recommended that AU sit Cam for GA. game because
                                of the mounting evidence.
                                • President Grogue wanted to sit Cam but was overruled by Louder and
                                the Board of Trustees.
                                • Coach Chizik knows none of this and has been lied to by Jacobs.
                                • The people named above know the S%#& is going to hit the fan “big
                                time” and have decided “we’re going down” so lets win the title even
                                if they take it away later.
                                • Slive knew about this early and sat on the information and is also
                                in the “crosshairs” of the FBI..
                                • The corruption is so deep at the highest level (trustees) that AU
                                will be evicted from kicked out of the SEC.
                                • This will be revealed by the end of the week.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information