Auburn/Cam Newton under NCAA investigation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
    Just to clarify, you can still do something and be shameful for it. Just because someone cheated doesn't mean it's ok/not shameful necessarily.
    It's the NCAA's fault. They need to stop being so unreasonable. I mean, they ask kids to go to class, not cheat AND not accept benefits? It's just so hard for all these poor kids from the ghetto.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but it is not a violation to even ask a school for money it's only a violation if you actually receive money, so unless they find some sort of evidence that Cam took money to play from Auburn I don't think he can be ruled ineligible.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
        No shame? Are you ******* kidding me?

They caught him cheating 3 times, he was facing expulsion then transferred very suddenly to Blinn JC. Who knows how many times he actually cheated. Even Meyer & Florida with their program full of miscreants booted him as soon as they heard about it, you cannot defend cheating in academics.

Expulsion serious enough? No shame in that?

Too late to do anything about it now but it builds the fire higher & heat hotter on him. Auburn is getting closer to a no-win situation here, if the win a NC with him, it's tainted whether the NCAA takes action now or later against Newton. If the NCAA drops the hammer before this season ends, their chances at a national title are diminished by > half.
        Might as well find out what size jacket Andrew Luck wears for the heisman, not that he didnt deserve it already.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
          Might as well find out what size jacket Andrew Luck wears for the heisman, not that he didnt deserve it already.
          Poor LaMichael James. No one informed me that he died. Such a young age, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
            Poor LaMichael James. No one informed me that he died. Such a young age, too.

Best QB in the country against a rb who's numbers are inflated because of the system they run there. I'll take Luck.

Comment

Best QB in the country against a rb who's numbers are inflated because of the system they run there. I'll take Luck.
              James is still the top offensive player on the No. 1 team in the country, second-leading rusher in the country (would be No. 1 if if he hadn't missed the opener) and put up 257 yards and three touchdowns against Stanford. His worst game was 94 yards rushing and he's had at least 121 yards in every other game. If Newton doesn't win it, I like James' chances.

Comment

Just for argument's sake, what makes Luck's season better than Ricky Stanzi's?

(Stanzi doesn't deserve the Heisman, just making a comparison)

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                  Just for argument's sake, what makes Luck's season better than Ricky Stanzi's?

(Stanzi doesn't deserve the Heisman, just making a comparison)
                  Luck has had hype since the beginning of the season, so THERE!

Seriously, Ricky America has been awesome this year.

Comment

I'd take James right now for the Heisman and then I'd expect him to declare for the draft as well.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• On a pure numbers standpoint it's interesting to make the comparison since almost nobody considers him even a top 10 Heisman finalist and most don't consider him a "real QB" but:

Darron Thomas 2070 yards passing, 20 TD's, 6 INTs, 158.40 QB rating, 400 yards rushing, 4 TD's
                      Andrew Luck 2213 yards passing, 22 TD's, 6 INT's, 163.37 QB rating, 370 rushing yards, 3 TD's.

And Thomas is actually that guy who is the QB for the #1 team in the nation, not saying he deserves it but just wonder why he isn't even in the conversation. Yeah he has James with him but Darron is really the guy who operates the offense and keeps it going at its ridiculous pace. TBH though I think the voters are leaning towards Kellen Moore at this point.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                        Luck has had hype since the beginning of the season, so THERE!

Seriously, Ricky America has been awesome this year.
                        So one guy has been the beneficiary of hype and the other guy (with near identical numbers) has been awesome this year. OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          So one guy has been the beneficiary of hype and the other guy (with near identical numbers) has been awesome this year. OK.
                          Right, because I totally said Luck was undeserving of hype.

Comment

• Stanzi has the best improvement arc in his career of any major program QB today, & he played against arguably tougher defenses than Luck.

Luck is however the better player, favorite for the #1 overall pick if he declares according to most of the mocks including McShay's today on ESPN.

Everybody has Luck going to Buffalo. Where do you see Newton going? Carolina?
                            Last edited by LizardState; 11-10-2010, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Absolutely agreed. Luck is an outstanding QB and deserves all the hype. But his production isn't all that much different than Stanzi's, outside of his better rushing statistics really.

As of right now, I'd give it to James as well if I were a Heisman voter. The Newton fiasco is too risky as an unwanted PR mess down the line, especially after seemingly just getting past the Bush fiasco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                                Right, because I totally said Luck was undeserving of hype.
                                You're backtracking there because you made it sound like the only reason Luck was in the conversation was because of hype.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information