Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auburn/Cam Newton under NCAA investigation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
    Absolutely agreed. Luck is an outstanding QB and deserves all the hype. But his production isn't all that much different than Stanzi's, outside of his better rushing statistics really.

    As of right now, I'd give it to James as well if I were a Heisman voter. The Newton fiasco is too risky as an unwanted PR mess down the line, especially after seemingly just getting past the Bush fiasco.
    I wouldnt give it to James because i could gain yardage in that offense, take him out of that lineup and i'm not sure they arent still undefeated. Without Luck (or Ricky for that matter) their teams are average at best.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      Where do you see Newton going?
      The 2nd round.


      Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
        The 2nd round.
        My guess is federal prison.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
          My guess is federal prison.
          before I read your post I wanted to make a post that read:

          my guess is hell

          in reply to the same post


          Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Babylon View Post
            You're backtracking there because you made it sound like the only reason Luck was in the conversation was because of hype.
            Can you point out where I said that? I want the exact quote, verbatim, word-for-word where I said that the only reason Luck was in the conversation was due to hype. My response was to...

            Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
            Just for argument's sake, what makes Luck's season better than Ricky Stanzi's?
            So no, I'm not backtracking. The reason why Luck has received more attention is because people knew more of him and heard about him more before the season than Stanzi.

            I would sincerely appreciate it if you would stop attempting to attribute things to me that I never said. Thank you.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
              My guess is federal prison.
              Sounds to me that his dad should be the one heading to the shed for awhile.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                Sounds to me that his dad should be the one heading to the shed for awhile.
                True. But the joke wouldn't have worked as well.

                Comment


                • Newton's father: He chose Auburn b/c "the $ was too much"

                  Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                  Sounds to me that his dad should be the one heading to the shed for awhile.
                  True, still no word on the NCAA looking into his father's or his father's churches' financial rcds. Sounds like Rev. Dad was the bagman here & the beneficiary of any $ paid for Newton's services with these improvements recently made to at least one of his 5 churches that has suddenly been brought up to code. That alone has raised suspicions.

                  Chizik has done nothing but play to the crowd in the early media inquiries, refusing to discuss the alleged price paid, changing the subject when questioned to Newton's current eligibility, & now he's refusing to discuss anything other than the upcoming UGA game.

                  I can't believe Auburn was so stupid as to pay for this guy in this day & age of media & NCAA scrutiny, or take him with his track record from Florida & all the clouds of suspicion coming from Kenny Rogers & Mississippi St. The cheating, as he was caught 3 times, & the stolen laptop in his possession then thrown out the window with the cops coming are public records, note that he's never denied them b/c he can't. I guess they really were thatdesperate to win.

                  Also hard to believe the Newtons were dumb enough to tell media like Jim Rome during interviews that my "next decision will be a business one" + their phone conversations with Mississippi St. saying his college choice would be p/o a pay for play plan per the Joe Schad articles:

                  http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5790626

                  http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5786315

                  Have they never hear of tape recorded conversations?

                  This genie is out of the bottle -- I think it has already cost Newton the Heisman, even if he wins the vote count b/c with the NCAA investigation still ongoing I don't think the Heisman committee will allow a highly profiled ceremony of handing him the trophy, all they could do in that case I guess is declare him ineligible for the trophy alone, not count his votes or simply not invite Newton, they can't cancel the whole ceremony.

                  And if proven that there were payments made, it could cost Auburn the wins where he played as it cost USC those with Reggie Bush. And Chizik would almost surely lose his job, the buck stops there.
                  Last edited by LizardState; 11-11-2010, 07:14 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                    Maybe. However, rivals in the SEC love dropping the bomb on other programs.
                    See Fulmer, Tennessee. Nobody pointed his fat fingers like Jugbutt Fulmer..... how did that work out for his career? Somewhat career-limiting? What's that saying about the 3 fingers pointing back at the pointer?

                    And we all know other conferences don't have teams who dime their opponents on infractions :- (

                    The only thing surprising out of all of this is that Saban underbid.
                    3 QBs on his roster & 2 more including Star Jackson, the #1-ranked from HS who took early entry, signed up in waiting.... pls.
                    Last edited by LizardState; 11-11-2010, 07:12 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                      See Fulmer, Tennessee. Nobody pointed his fat fingers like Jugbutt Fulmer..... how did that work out for his career? Somewhat career-limiting? What's that saying about the 3 fingers pointing back at the pointer?

                      And we all know other conferences don't have teams who dime their opponents on infractions :- (
                      Phat Phil is such a little slimeball. I am so glad he is gone.

                      It happens in other conferences, just nowhere near this rate and craziness. It's all out mud slinging in the SEC. Crazy.

                      Oh, for instance, Bruce Pearl turned in Illinois for recruiting violations back in the day when he was an assistant at Iowa. Funny that he's in the SEC now.

                      3 QBs on his roster & 2 more including Star Jackson, the #1-ranked from HS who took early entry, signed up in waiting.... pls.
                      That was a gratuitous shot at Saban. Sorry. Not a fan of his oversigning tactics. If he thought Cam was great, he would have cut one of the 3 QBs.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                        If he thought Cam was great, he would have cut one of the 3 QBs.
                        HEY, HEY, HEY! That's medical scholarship to you, Buster.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                          HEY, HEY, HEY! That's medical scholarship to you, Buster.
                          I thought it was violation of team rules? :)

                          Comment


                          • Yup, like I said earlier in this thread, the SEC is made up of a bunch of 15 year old high school girls tattling on each other and trying to **** each other over.

                            Bunch of *****.

                            I think it's fairly obvious what the solution to this whole thing is. You've got to let these players take out loans from banks. Right now they can't, because there's a murky grey area of having to prove they didn't receive the loan as a result of preferential treatment or being an athlete. But that should be the entire point: they'd be taking out a loan on themselves, which ANY STUDENT CAN DO.

                            The whole system is just so convoluted and stupid.
                            Last edited by yourfavestoner; 11-11-2010, 11:13 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              Yup, like I said earlier in this thread, the SEC is made up of a bunch of 15 year old high school girls tattling on each other and trying to **** each other over.

                              Bunch of *****.

                              I think it's fairly obvious what the solution to this whole thing is. You've got to let these players take out loans from banks. Right now they can't, because there's a murky grey area of having to prove they didn't receive the loan as a result of preferential treatment or being an athlete. But that should be the entire point: they'd be taking out a loan on themselves, which ANY STUDENT CAN DO.

                              The whole system is just so convoluted and stupid.
                              There should be some sort of scholarship vs paid route. Most players will still be scholarship players, but the superstars should be allowed to opt out of the scholly in exchange for 3rd party payment.

                              I see no problem with this, as it already exists, it's just a lot shadier.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                                There should be some sort of scholarship vs paid route. Most players will still be scholarship players, but the superstars should be allowed to opt out of the scholly in exchange for 3rd party payment.

                                I see no problem with this, as it already exists, it's just a lot shadier.
                                Other than it being illegal, violating Title IX, and other issues, no problem at all.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information