Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking news: Hawaii invited to MWC (football only)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking news: Hawaii invited to MWC (football only)

An answer to my prayers!!!! The WAC was falling apart, but thanks to this there is a future!!! WOoo hoooo!!!!

http://www.kitv.com/news/25845791/detail.html

HONOLULU -- The University of Hawaii will join the Mountain West Conference for football, sources confirmed to KITV4.
    The move comes on the heels of top Western Athletic Conference teams leaving the conference. Boise State, Nevada and Fresno State bolted for the MWC.
    Hawaii will be part of the MWC just for football. It will be part of the Big West Conference for the other sports, sources told KITV4 Sports.

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!

Congrats to the Hawai'i Fightin' D-Units!!!
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

no Offense but is UH even that good to switch out ? I mean with the other teams leaving they run the WAC and have an enjoyment season .

Comment

People still won't take the MWC seriously
        Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
          no Offense but is UH even that good to switch out ? I mean with the other teams leaving they run the WAC and have an enjoyment season .
          There was no enjoyment left for Hawaii in the WAC. Beating up on the leftovers would've been no fun.

Are they good enough to compete with the MWC? That's what I'm hoping they show the doubters.

Comment

Since 1998, Hawaii 89-67 which is a .570 winning %. I'm very surprised by this move and think it's a tremendous move by both parties.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

I really like this. The already strong MTW (even with losing the Utah schools) brings in what are, in my mind at least, the top 4 schools from the WAC including Boise who has been one of the best in the country the last few years?

Give them an automatic birth already. Take the Big East's. Please.

Comment

well there are mountains in Hawaii at least, and it is very far west.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  I really like this. The already strong MTW (even with losing the Utah schools) brings in what are, in my mind at least, the top 4 schools from the WAC including Boise who has been one of the best in the country the last few years?

Give them an automatic birth already. Take the Big East's. Please.
                  Even by adding Hawaii, the Big East has a higher winning percentage since the creation of the BCS.

Big East
                  West Virginia 98-50, .662
                  Louisville 97-53, .647
                  South Florida 75-44, .630
                  Connecticut 62-58, .567
                  Cincinnati 83-65, .560
                  Pittsburgh 81-65, .555
                  Rutgers 64-79, .447
                  Syracuse 61-82, .426
                  Total: 621-496 (.556)

New Mountain West
                  Boise State (102-15, .872)
                  TCU (108-38, .740)
                  Air Force (86-60, .589)
                  Fresno State (94-60, .584)
                  Hawaii (89-67, .570)
                  Colorado State (77-70., .524)
                  Nevada (59-64, .480, since 2000)*
                  New Mexico (66-80, .452)
                  Wyoming (57-83, .407)
                  San Diego State (50-91, .355)
                  UNLV (44-96, .314)
                  Total: 832-724 (.535)

I think the bigger question is this: Hawaii makes the 11th team now in the MWC. Who do they invite as the 12th? Houston? SMU? Tulsa? Southern Miss?

WHO DAT!

Comment

Winning percentage? That's you best argument Diab? The MTW has a lot of ****** teams dragging them down at the very bottom...but they are so much more top heavy than the Big East...have been since Rich Rod left WVU. They were really the only elite team within that division.

The Big East is just so mediocre and it's going to be a joke and a travesty when an unranked (or laughably lowly ranked) Big East team gets into a BCS bowl over a very unfortunate TCU or Boise State. They'd rob one of those two's conferences of millions by undeservedly getting in. Such BS.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                      well there are mountains in Hawaii at least, and it is very far west.
                      But it's even further east...think about it.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Those numbers are from 1998, the year the BCS was implemented.

I agree, though, that the MWC is A LOT top heavier than the Big East and would be even moreso if BYU (98-53. .649) would have stayed. If they could kick out Wyoming, UNLV, New Mexico, and San Diego and bring in the likes of Southern Miss, Houston, Tulsa, and say SMU then that would be a BCS conference without a doubt.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                          Those numbers are from 1998, the year the BCS was implemented.

I agree, though, that the MWC is A LOT top heavier than the Big East and would be even moreso if BYU (98-53. .649) would have stayed. If they could kick out Wyoming, UNLV, New Mexico, and San Diego and bring in the likes of Southern Miss, Houston, Tulsa, and say SMU then that would be a BCS conference without a doubt.
                          Well, most BCS conferences still have some ****** teams floating around the bottom. Pac-10 has had Washington State recently, SEC has Vandy and the Mississippi schools aren't typically that good, Big-10 has Indiana and Minnesota, Big-12 has Baylor (usually) and the Kansas schools typically aren't that good....

The Big-East is just sooo mediocre it's not funny.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            Well, most BCS conferences still have some ****** teams floating around the bottom. Pac-10 has had Washington State recently, SEC has Vandy and the Mississippi schools aren't typically that good, Big-10 has Indiana and Minnesota, Big-12 has Baylor (usually) and the Kansas schools typically aren't that good....

The Big-East is just sooo mediocre it's not funny.
                            yeah, I plan on comparing the records and winning percentages of each conference since 1998 to see who is strongest. I have already done the SEC, Big East, and Mountain West so I just have the ACC, Big Ten, Big XII, and Pac-10 left to do.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              yeah, I plan on comparing the records and winning percentages of each conference since 1998 to see who is strongest. I have already done the SEC, Big East, and Mountain West so I just have the ACC, Big Ten, Big XII, and Pac-10 left to do.
                              While I'm sure that would show you some things, I don't think it would be the full story. I mean, how often since the start of the BCS have the bigger schools in the BCS conferences scheduled the bottom-feeders of the non-BCS conferences to beat up? It would definitely skew it a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information