Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking news: Hawaii invited to MWC (football only)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I'm sure that would show you some things, I don't think it would be the full story. I mean, how often since the start of the BCS have the bigger schools in the BCS conferences scheduled the bottom-feeders of the non-BCS conferences to beat up? It would definitely skew it a bit.
    No doubt about that but it isn't like those teams don't schedule plenty of cupcakes from other places that make their overall wins also misleading.

I think there could be some merit to a comparison between the conferences where both teams were ranked. Realistically the BCS bids should be based on the conferences with the "best" teams rather than on depth. I would think the majority would want to see TCU or Boise play over a mediocre team for instance and seeing how each conference has done with it's top teams against other top teams would be interesting, imo at least.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

I'm just so overjoyed over this whole thing. I can't explain it!

Better conference, better competition, better exposure, better recuits! The challenge will be tougher, but the glory of winning will mean MORE! Love it!

As for the 12th team... I sure would love SMU... June Jones vs Hawaii every year! ...but I think Utah State unfortunately will get it. No Utah school in the MWC, and I've got a hint that they'll want one.

Comment

I was really sad when Utah left for the Pac10. I really thought the MWC was going to start to fall apart.
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Good
          TCU
          Boise State

Decent
          Nevada
          Fresno State
          Hawai'i
          Air Force

Bad
          Colorado State
          New Mexico
          San Diego State
          UNLV
          Wyoming

overall it's still only a average conference, but do you think it's really worth a AQ? Winner of TCU vs Boise will most likely make a BCS bowl anyways

Montana seems like the best fit for a 12th team and the MWC seems like a more intriguing spot than the WAC at this point
          Last edited by fenikz; 11-19-2010, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
            I was really sad when Utah left for the Pac10. I really thought the MWC was going to start to fall apart.
            Maybe BYU will pull a U-ee and come back. That would be sweet! ...dreamin'.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
              Good
              TCU
              Boise State

Decent
              Nevada
              Fresno State
              Hawai'i
              Air Force

Bad
              Colorado State
              New Mexico
              San Diego State
              UNLV
              Wyoming

overall it's still only a average conference, but do you think it's really worth a AQ? Winner of TCU vs Boise will most likely make a BCS bowl anyways

Montana seems like the best fit for a 12th team and the MWC seems like a more intriguing spot than the WAC at this point

Montana has already declined any and all invitations to the FBS.

Follow Me on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Nice addition. Kind of a shame Utah and BYU left. If the MWC had Utah, TCU, Boise, BYU, Nevada, Fresno St. and Hawaii they'd definitely be able to get an autobid.

Losing Utah and BYU makes it very top heavy, and very weak at the bottom. Those 5 or 6 teams at the bottom are going to be too weak of teams for them to get an autobid in my opinion. Remember, getting an automatic bid is part of a formula already set, and the MWC has been close before. People wont be able to say its some bias if they dont get one, its because of how weak the teams at the bottom are. Yes, every conference has them, but its not half of the teams for every conference.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

So in 2 years time the auto bids are up for grabs?

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5126561

Pretty informative article. The way TCU has played I'd say the MWC could get a spot. It'll hurt losing Utah and who knows what credit they'll get for Boise's success before they were in the MWC.

Utah and BYU leaving could come back to hurt the MWC by keeping them from an autobid.
                    Last edited by Smooth Criminal; 11-19-2010, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I think they'll get one. God I hope they do. They pick up two consistently great teams in Boise and TCU, and a handful of teams who can be decent any given year....I really don't see how they are any worse than the Big East or ACC.

Comment

They're definitely very top heavy. Some of the teams the MWC has are still pathetic. There are some lowly teams in that conference.

I'd expect them to get one. Its gonna be nice havinng Boise and TCU play every year and Nevada, Fresno, Air Force, and Hawaii are just as good as what the other conferences boast in the middle. Its the remaining five teams that could keep them from getting a spot. Reading the article, the second thing it is based on is final computer ranking of every team in the conference. MWC average is going to be brought so far down by those bottom 5 teams that even having Boise and TCU top 5 may not be enough to bring it up.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          I think they'll get one. God I hope they do. They pick up two consistently great teams in Boise and TCU, and a handful of teams who can be decent any given year....I really don't see how they are any worse than the Big East or ACC.
                          ...really?

line the teams up and have em go head to head ACC will end up at least 9-3

just because there are 2 good teams doesn't mean the other 10 stack up

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            I really don't see how they are any worse than the Big East or ACC.
                            Because they are.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

BYE BYE WAC!

Soooooo happy!!! We may be able to save our recruiting class afterall. No one wanted to play for us with the WAC being completely worthless.

Comment

When are they going to get Houston? I think now if they get Houston they will get the Bid.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information