Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking news: Hawaii invited to MWC (football only)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they had kept Utah and BYU, they'd be getting a bid.
    **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
      If they had kept Utah and BYU, they'd be getting a bid.
      Of that I don't think there is any doubt. I don't see BYU coming back into the fold, though, as they have made plenty of money already by signing a lucrative tv deal with ESPN. The Cougars will make four times more money in September 2011 than all 2010 combined with MWC TV tie.

Also, Colorado State shouldn't be ranked in the "bad" category. They have stumbled upon hard times but they have an over .500 winning percentage since the formation of the BCS. Houston, does not (.479) but them and SMU are probably the best of the what's out there as far as name recognition. I feel, however, that Utah St. will be given the other invite because it helps with the Utah market or what little is left since that state is mostly concerned with Utah and BYU.
      Last edited by diabsoule; 11-19-2010, 04:52 PM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...e=NCFHeadlines

SDSU president Stephen Weber told the media that the MWC is interested in a 12 team conference. Speculation is that Houston could be the next school invited.

WHO DAT!

Comment

What's the value of the Utah market when you can have the Houston market? This is a no-brainer to me.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            What's the value of the Utah market when you can have the Houston market? This is a no-brainer to me.
            Because Houston doesn't really have that market. It's more UT and TAMU, however, I would expect that the Cougars have the market more than Utah St. has the Utah market.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
              Because Houston doesn't really have that market. It's more UT and TAMU, however, I would expect that the Cougars have the market more than Utah St. has the Utah market.
              Exactly. Utah State is the third biggest team in Utah. Houston is the third biggest team in Southeast Texas. I'd take the latter.

Comment

U of H is big in Houston.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Exactly. Utah State is the third biggest team in Utah. Houston is the third biggest team in Southeast Texas. I'd take the latter.
                  SouthEast Texas >>>>>>>>>>>> Utah.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    BYE BYE WAC!

Soooooo happy!!! We may be able to save our recruiting class afterall. No one wanted to play for us with the WAC being completely worthless.
                    The new WAC will be anybody who finds an open date to get a cheap win over New Mexico St. -- their dance cd. is always pretty full b/c everybody gets well vs. NM St.

WAC FB is evaporating rapidly.

Comment

So does the WAC dissolve with the remaining teams going independent or begging to be apart of a 16 team MWC?

Or do some of these teams fall out of the FBS and the WAC goes to the FCS?

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
                        So does the WAC dissolve with the remaining teams going independent or begging to be apart of a 16 team MWC?

Or do some of these teams fall out of the FBS and the WAC goes to the FCS?
                        Seems to be the common wisdom. That said, the remaining WAC still might be better than the Sun Belt conference, especially if they can poach North Texas like it was originally thought they would do.

Comment

the WAC and Sun Belt need to combine what's left.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

The WAC could go back to the Big Sky conference. Assuming Montana still says no, Weber State and Northern Arizona are two programs that could merit a bump up.

Both are in decent markets (Ogden, Flagstaff), both have student enrollments around 20k (important to simply fill out a stadium), and both are competitive in one of the better FCS conferences in the nation.
                            Last edited by bearsfan_51; 11-20-2010, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Montana has already declined the WAC same with North Texas. Why would any team want to accept an invitation to join the WAC when its future is in flux?

WHO DAT!

Comment

Just depends if you want to go Division 1 or not. It's a hell of a lot easier to do in a conference, any conference, than as an independent.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information