Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking news: Hawaii invited to MWC (football only)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Just depends if you want to go Division 1 or not. It's a hell of a lot easier to do in a conference, any conference, than as an independent.
    Montana and all other Big Sky Teams are still D-I

They are in a separate half. FCS and FBS

But ya, the theory is that within the next 10 years the FCS will be gone but i doubt that happening.

I think the remaining WAC teams will be begging to find another conference.

I could see Louisiana Tech trying to jump to the Sun Belt (Makes sense geographically)
    Utah State, Idaho, San Jose State will all try to join the MWC or will be forced into the Big Sky. With slight possibility of ending up in the Sun Belt or C-USA

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      I really don't see how they are any worse than the Big East or ACC.
      The ACC must play one of the hardest schedules, because they have the second most players of any conference in the NFL. (though, our coaches are so dumb, their combined IQ is probably as high as a chimpanzee)

The SEC is #1.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

Great move from both parts imo.

Comment

Too bad Utah and BYU left... Would be an inasanely good conference with those two still there.

Comment

They have an automatic qualifier, they just have to be Top 12 or Top 16 in the BCS (and above Big East/ACC/other big conference). Do we really want the Mountain West to be automatically in a BCS Bowl if they aren't in the Top 16 teams in the country? No.

Follow Me on Twitter!
            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
              They have an automatic qualifier, they just have to be Top 12 or Top 16 in the BCS (and above Big East/ACC/other big conference). Do we really want the Mountain West to be automatically in a BCS Bowl if they aren't in the Top 16 teams in the country? No.
              We don't want that to be the case with the Big East either but hey....don't look now. The ACC could get in that way too this year.

Comment

We don't want that to be the case with the Big East either but hey....don't look now. The ACC could get in that way too this year.
                I understand, but giving more AQs doesn't solve the problem.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                  I understand, but giving more AQs doesn't solve the problem.
                  My thinking is if the Big East doesn't improve and continue the mediocrity while the teams at the top of the MWC continue to be elite, strip the Big East's and transfer it. Might take more than one year, but the Big East doesn't even look like they have hope right now.

Comment

My thinking is if the Big East doesn't improve and continue the mediocrity while the teams at the top of the MWC continue to be elite, strip the Big East's and transfer it. Might take more than one year, but the Big East doesn't even look like they have hope right now.
                    Big East isn't getting stripped of anything anytime soon.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

There's already an actual numerical system that determines how this works.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

It's official. Hawaii will join the Mountain West in 2012

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5907111

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information