College Gameday Thread: Week 13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
    They just said on game day at if a team finishes in the top 4 and doesn't win their title, they automatically get an at large bid.

So if South Carolina wins and take the SEC title spot, and LSU finishes in the top 4 and Auburn finishes at lets say 5, will the BCS bowls have to take LSU over Auburn?

Seems like South Carolina winning will cause a hell of a lot of problems.
    See, Auburn falling behind LSU, who they beat, should be BS. If you beat a team and have the same record, there is no reason to be put the team who won behind the team who lost in the rankings....

If that's the logic and I were a big conference school, I'd do my absolute best to schedule no tough games late in the year. Play all my cupcakes then or something....so if I do lose to someone, I can hope they lose to someone else after me and drop behind me in the rankins.

But that would make too much sense. And as I've discovered, common sense and logic have no place in college football.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      If that's the logic and I were a big conference school, I'd do my absolute best to schedule no tough games late in the year. Play all my cupcakes then or something....so if I do lose to someone, I can hope they lose to someone else after me and drop behind me in the rankins.
      But you can't, which is why big-conference schools get the benefit of the doubt. You can't tell the SEC schedule maker, "Um, yeah, I was wondering if we could get Alabama, Auburn and LSU in the beginning and Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Mississippi State at the end. kthxbai."

Comment

• Michigan freshman punter Will Hagerup apparently broke team rules and will sit today as a result. **** this ******* ****. 4th and 25 from their own 2? Michigan's going for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          Michigan freshman punter Will Hagerup apparently broke team rules and will sit today as a result. **** this ******* ****. 4th and 25 from their own 2? Michigan's going for it.
          As if things couldn't get any worse today, now we won't even be able to punt it good.
          "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

• This happens every game. Our defense will always defend well on the first and second drive, but will completely collapse after that.
            "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

• Originally posted by Silver & Blue View Post
              This happens every game. Our defense will always defend well on the first and second drive, but will completely collapse after that.
              Pretty much. I always assume the defense will look decent on the first drive, get a three and out, and then completely collapse after that. Basically teams remember GERG is our DC and realize they really don't have to try all that hard to outsmart him.

Originally posted by Jakey
              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• is michigans D actually playing Okay or is the OSU offense playing like Jane

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• At least I know Gallon isn't going to fumble a punt or kickoff today. So there's that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                    At least I know Gallon isn't going to fumble a punt or kickoff today. So there's that.
                    Yeah, thank god for that.

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
                      is michigans D actually playing Okay or is the OSU offense playing like Jane
                      As was said previously, Michigan's D always looks good the first couple drives. Then they fall apart. OSU's kind of being stupid though. Pryor isn't a great passer, and Michigan's run D sucks almost as much as the pass D. Why even bother throwing it unless you absolutely have to?

Comment

• Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                        As was said previously, Michigan's D always looks good the first couple drives. Then they fall apart. OSU's kind of being stupid though. Pryor isn't a great passer, and Michigan's run D sucks almost as much as the pass D. Why even bother throwing it unless you absolutely have to?
                        Pryor could probably run it up the middle everytime from now on and be pretty successful at it. I mean look at what Wisconsin did to us, they basically only passed once or twice in the second half.

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

• Roundtree drops way too many balls.

Comment

• Gee Rich, keep the defense off the field by slowing things down. You just thought of that now after 11 games? Did you just realize the defense was horrid?

Comment

• Jesus Roundtree catch the ******* ball.

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

• EDIT: Forgot I rewound the game a minute. But catch the ******* ball Roy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information