No announcement yet.

E Gordon Gee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, 10 year SOS per Sagarin: OSU 35th BSU 95th.

Comment

I'm hoping for Oregon to win the PAC10 and Wisconsin fails to win the Big 10. Then Ohio State will have to play one of those "little sisters of the poor".

edit: All of the programs doing all of the bitching have ZERO hope because two MAJOR conference teams are currently in the two spots.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
        I'm hoping for Oregon to win the PAC10 and Wisconsin fails to win the Big 10. Then Ohio State will have to play one of those "little sisters of the poor".

edit: All of the programs doing all of the bitching have ZERO hope because two MAJOR conference teams are currently in the two spots.
        I would like it, but it won't happen. Would make for fun pre-bowl hyperbole. Kinda like when Oregon fans were talking non-stop crap last season about their high powered attack until their O ran into a real defense.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          TCU or Boise would definitely be the favorites to beat Ohio State this year.

That's also the most realistic Rose Bowl matchup at this point.
          No it's not. Unless Wisconsin loses to a Northwestern team who is without their starting QB, Ohio State has no shot at the Rose Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
            No it's not. Unless Wisconsin loses to a Northwestern team who is without their starting QB, Ohio State has no shot at the Rose Bowl.
            Ohio State will likely pass Wisconsin in the BCS standings. It's razon-thin at the moment, and Michigan has a stronger computer ranking than Northwestern.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Ohio State will likely pass Wisconsin in the BCS standings. It's razon-thin at the moment, and Michigan has a stronger computer ranking than Northwestern.
              I don't think that will happen. It actually isn't razor thin. Wisconsin has a fair lead.

Wisconsin - .7688
              Ohio State - .7148

Wisconsin has a better shot of catching Stanford who isn't even a hundreth of a point higher than OSU to Wisconsin.

Follow Me on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

We have a .04 lead in the computer rankings, a two spot lead in the USA Today poll, and a three spot lead in the Harris poll.

There's no way Ohio State is jumping us in either human rankings and I doubt beating a 7-4 Michigan team is going to be enough to jump us in the computer rankings if we beat a 7-4 Northwestern team. Even if they jump us in the computer rankings, that's only 1/3 of the BCS formula. There's no way that they gain so much from the computer rankings to cancel out our lead in the other 2/3rds.

Not a chance Ohio State passes Wisconsin.

Comment

doesnt wisconsin get the nod anyway since they have the head to head?

edit: i highly doubt OSU WOULD pass them since Wisconsin has the head 2 head.
                  Last edited by SickwithIt1010; 11-24-2010, 06:30 PM.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                    Brochacho? Dear lord, why do I bother?
                    Why cant we just be friends?

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                      doesnt wisconsin get the nod anyway since they have the head to head?
                      If Michigan State loses, yes. But it's a three way tie right now and since Wisconsin beat Ohio State, Michigan State beat Wisconsin, and Ohio State and Michigan state didn't play the tie breaker becomes the best BCS ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                        If Michigan State loses, yes. But it's a three way tie right now and since Wisconsin beat Ohio State, Michigan State beat Wisconsin, and Ohio State and Michigan state didn't play the tie breaker becomes the best BCS ranking.
                        alrighty, well i highly doubt seeing OSU pass Wisconsin with Wisconsin having the head to head.

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                          Why cant we just be friends?
                          We can. You are a good sport.

Comment

This is why Division I college football needs a playoff system. It is the only sport I can think of right now that doesn't have a playoff. You have questions about whether or not TCU or Boise can hang with the big boys? Then let them play the big boys. All Boise has done is schedule any BCS school that will play them and beat them. A playoff is needed to resolve this.

Comment

Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
                              This is why Division I college football needs a playoff system. It is the only sport I can think of right now that doesn't have a playoff. You have questions about whether or not TCU or Boise can hang with the big boys? Then let them play the big boys. All Boise has done is schedule any BCS school that will play them and beat them. A playoff is needed to resolve this.
                              This is kind of a lie. Boise State requests larger than normal amount of proceeds from games when they go on the road and their home field is just annoying to play at.

Boise would get plenty of good OOC games if this were not true. Just look at OSU and how they schedule a major school per year (This year was Miami, last was USC, years before that was NC State [during Rivers] and Texas). The same is true about most schools.

Boise could get 3 major opponents per year if they wanted.
                              **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                                This is kind of a lie. Boise State requests larger than normal amount of proceeds from games when they go on the road and their home field is just annoying to play at.

Boise would get plenty of good OOC games if this were not true. Just look at OSU and how they schedule a major school per year (This year was Miami, last was USC, years before that was NC State [during Rivers] and Texas). The same is true about most schools.

Boise could get 3 major opponents per year if they wanted.
                                Well most schools dont want to come back to boise so doesnt it make sense that BSU would get more money if they arent requiring a return trip?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information