E Gordon Gee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
    A couple bucks =/= millions of bucks. The Sugar Bowl would make more money putting Notre Dame against Michigan than it would off of Boise State against TCU. They don't give a rat's ass about who the team du jour is. In the end, money decides who goes. If you're trying to make money and you take TCU or Boise over Ohio State or, say, Alabama, you are officially a dumbass. The BCS people may be stubborn and arrogant, but they know how to make money.
    well i dont want it to be BSU vs TCU....they need to play different opponents.

I understand your point man im not arguing that. As a college football fan im sure you see where im coming from when i say i just want to see the best football possible.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
      well i dont want it to be BSU vs TCU....they need to play different opponents.

I understand your point man im not arguing that. As a college football fan im sure you see where im coming from when i say i just want to see the best football possible.
      I don't think there's a sane person under the age of 30 that doesn't want a playoff. You're just looking at way too many old-money school presidents and other assorted rich dudes that prefer making a buttload of money than seeing the best football available, though I'd argue that a playoff would increase their profits tenfold.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        I don't think there's a sane person under the age of 30 that doesn't want a playoff.
        I'm 28 and I don't want a playoff. Not sure if I'm sane.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I think it's been said before that Ohio State and USC (or the Rose Bowl in general) are the people that benefit the most from the system the way it is.
          I also agree that a correctly (keyword) implemented playoff could make them a lot more money. I just think people like Gee don't want the Boise States, or Utahs (until next year), or even Appalachian State, should they ever move up to FBS, taking money from the Big Ten or Pac-10 by having Boise State or TCU take playoff spots from Ohio State or Stanford.
          On a sidenote, I think the reason the SEC wants a playoff so much is that they know that they stand to gain a lot. They could easily get 2 teams in every year and with their success in BCS games, they could have their teams playing 4 games on a playoff instead of 2 with the BCS.
          The BCS has built a system where the big conferences can create a huge cash pie for themselves, and they don't have to share with anyone but themselves. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
          Also, I'm under 30, am not sane in any way, shape or form, and want a playoff. I like 12 team better, but 8's fine too.

Comment

I don't want playoffs. I love the BCS.

Fo realz

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
              I am a Michigan and Michigan State fan first and foremost so I do know what I'm talking about.
              How is that even possible?

Comment

If BSU got an invite to the Big 10 i bet you they would take it...
                So you're allowed to make claims without any proof but the guy you shot down above (regarding Miami beating Nevada) is not? You must go to BSU, your education is starting to show.

Comment

i know this, but i wanna see the best teams play. i could care less about how much money is made.
                  So TCU beats the **** out of freakin' Utah and that's how we know they're better than teams like Ohio State and Wisconsin and all the other big boys who consistently win 10 games a year? Under Tressel the Buckeyes have rolled every team they've played OOC games that aren't of equal talent. Kansas State, OK State, Notre Dame - and they were each favorites against the Bucks believe it or not. That's not to mention Miami this year and Washington State PAC Ten champs in 02.

Unfortunately the BCS selection process isn't about the best teams going, it's about money. We could have an NC State vs Pittsburgh Orange Bowl and undfeated TCU could be in some December Bowl playing a lousy midmajor.
                  Last edited by keylime_5; 11-26-2010, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    So TCU beats the **** out of freakin' Utah and that's how we know they're better than teams like Ohio State and Wisconsin and all the other big boys who consistently win 10 games a year?
                    1 - Both BSU, TCU and Utah have had 9+ wins seasons for a while now.

2 - TCU beat Utah who was #5 at the time by a 40-point margin on the road. OSU and Wisconsin beat average teams by a couple of TD's.

Plus, I freaking hope Denard beats the hell out of OSU this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post

2 - TCU beat Utah who was #5 at the time by a 40-point margin on the road. OSU and Wisconsin beat average teams by a couple of TD's.

1-This was against the likes of Idaho, Fresno State, New Mexico, Nevada, etc.....not Michigan State, Michigan, Iowa, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, etc.

2-Utah was #5 at the time b/c they beat a bunch of sorry midmajors and then got beat the following week by a terrible, injury-bitten Notre Dame team. They aren't even one of the 30 best teams in the country.

Boise State and TCU can complain all they want about getting left out. They have nothing to complain about playing teams like that. Join a big boy conference, until then just be grateful that the BCS Bowls are actually taking you at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post

I don't think the small school supporters want you arguing for them. It hurts their credibility by association.

Plus, you should focus all of your freaking hope on having a clean program at UNC than can actually win some games. Highly doubtful, but that's what hope is for.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                          cuz tcu is better than you guys.
                          This is the most incredibly insightful post of all time. Thanks a lot for informing me man, now I don't have to ponder it myself. Thank god you're around to tell me what teams are better than OSU. I'm not mad that you're bagging on Ohio State, because, well everyone that isn't an Ohio State fan does. But really, on what ******* basis do you claim TCU is better than Ohio State. Let me guess, statistics? What? Pryor sucks? Tressel is conservative? I'm willing to bet you can't tell me something I haven't heard or know.

Seriously man? We lost 1 game on the road in one of the most hostile environments in the country and all of the sudden we don't deserve to ******* play in anything. Seriously? You seem like you're saying you want a playoff because teams like Ohio State can't win bowl games, you should send a letter to the people in charge of the BCS stating this, I'm sure they will agree, and come next season, there will be a playoff system in place for whiney ******* fans like you who hate Ohio State.

Our athletic director voiced his opinion, so what? Now everybody hates OSU more? Sad day.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
                            This is the most incredibly insightful post of all time. Thanks a lot for informing me man, now I don't have to ponder it myself. Thank god you're around to tell me what teams are better than OSU. I'm not mad that you're bagging on Ohio State, because, well everyone that isn't an Ohio State fan does. But really, on what ******* basis do you claim TCU is better than Ohio State. Let me guess, statistics? What? Pryor sucks? Tressel is conservative? I'm willing to bet you can't tell me something I haven't heard or know.

Seriously man? We lost 1 game on the road in one of the most hostile environments in the country and all of the sudden we don't deserve to ******* play in anything. Seriously? You seem like you're saying you want a playoff because teams like Ohio State can't win bowl games, you should send a letter to the people in charge of the BCS stating this, I'm sure they will agree, and come next season, there will be a playoff system in place for whiney ******* fans like you who hate Ohio State.

Our athletic director voiced his opinion, so what? Now everybody hates OSU more? Sad day.
                            It was the President, not athletic director. This whole argument is pointless at this point...

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Yeah, forgot it was the president. I thought I saw AD on the ESPN ticker. I'm done arguing about it, doesn't seem like it's going to go anywhere.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                                So TCU beats the **** out of freakin' Utah and that's how we know they're better than teams like Ohio State and Wisconsin and all the other big boys who consistently win 10 games a year? Under Tressel the Buckeyes have rolled every team they've played OOC games that aren't of equal talent. Kansas State, OK State, Notre Dame - and they were each favorites against the Bucks believe it or not. That's not to mention Miami this year and Washington State PAC Ten champs in 02.

Unfortunately the BCS selection process isn't about the best teams going, it's about money. We could have an NC State vs Pittsburgh Orange Bowl and undfeated TCU could be in some December Bowl playing a lousy midmajor.
                                THEY ARE ******* RANKED HIGHER! that alone should get them into a BCS game. If the voters thought OSU was the better team they would be ranked higher than them, but they arent! so OSU has no right to be in a game over TCU.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information