No announcement yet.

Randy Shannon Fired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very likely. Randy while being a big disciplinarian is also a players coach, and can pitch to recruits really well. A lot of Miami's verbal commits decommited right after he was fired so I would not be surprised if they jump ship to Texas.

Comment

• Don't expect any of them to go to UT, most will likely come back to UM.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

• Id imagine some of the UT recruits will jump ship to UM as well.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
          Id imagine some of the UT recruits will jump ship to UM as well.
          don't you mean UF?

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
            don't you mean UF?
            sure did....my bad lol

Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• I want Randy to succeed wherever he goes. I can see why fans would be excited because of his personal character, overqualified resume and plus recruiting ability.

Obviously he was a successful DC before he was a HC but a lot of that can be attributed to the talent he had to work with. Our defenses were very vanilla and basic when he was the HC here and he was stubborn about player management as well.

Anytime a coach gets fired you expect Pandora's box to open with all of the coach's faults. A change of scenery and different chain-of-command might make Shannon a great hire. Texas does have a lot of defensive talent and as long as Shannon doesn't mess around with the current system too much they should continue to have a dominant defense. Texas families will love Shannon and his values and he may open up recruiting possibilities in Florida.

We'll see if it actually happens first...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Our coach beat Miami's coach this year. :)

I like the Golden hire. He's young like Muschamp, but has actually been a head coach before.

Maybe Chris Peterson is staying at Boise 4-life.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• So what assistant coaches are out there looking to be hired for a HC job in the MAC? Come on MAC is the stepping stone for a better job.

Anyone got some names, Temple needs a new coach?

Comment

So what assistant coaches are out there looking to be hired for a HC job in the MAC? Come on MAC is the stepping stone for a better job.

Anyone got some names, Temple needs a new coach?
                    You can have Rich Rod! He already recruits like he's in the MAC, so the switch would be perfect.

Comment

• Well, Northern Illinois just hired the defensive coordinator from Wisconsin. If you're talking about a job like Temple, you're probably looking at similar-level coordinators or successful FCS coaches.

Possible names?
                      -K.C. Keeler- Delaware Head Coach
                      -Sean McDonnell- New Hampshire Head Coach
                      -Paul Cryst- Wisconsin Offensive Coordinator
                      -Don Treadwell- Michigan State Offensive Coordinator
                      -Paul Petrino- Illinois Offensive Coordinator
                      -Bud Foster- Virginia Tech Defensive Coordinator
                      -Todd Orlando- Connecticut Defensive Coordinator
                      -Scott Shafer- Syracuse Defensive Coordinator

Just some educated guesses. Probably all wrong.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

don't you mean UF?
                        Or maybe he means University of Temple recruits are going to jump ship to Miami with Golden!

Comment

• This hire is Golden... LIKE A SHOWER!!!
                          Last edited by JoeJoeBrown; 12-13-2010, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                            Or maybe he means University of Temple recruits are going to jump ship to Miami with Golden!
                            hahah. Yeah .

Comment

• Don't see Bud Foster going to Temple. Other than that, no clue about that list.
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information