No announcement yet.

Randy Shannon Fired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are gonna be sad when Rich Rodriguez is announced as the next head coach of Miami.

Originally posted by Jakey
    WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Minor rumblings have been going on that the next UM coach will indeed be RichRod...
      I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
        Minor rumblings have been going on that the next UM coach will indeed be RichRod...
        Keep in mind that it's a rumor from a supposedly well connected Michigan alum though. While I'd be incredibly happy if it happened and Michigan not only got rid of Rodriguez but also got Harbaugh (the other part of the rumor), there's no indication that the source is in any way reliable at this point (other than Shannon being fired, which I guess he did call), so I won't hold my breath.
        Last edited by ironman4579; 11-27-2010, 11:08 PM.

Comment

How can they fire Shannon?
          There are already complaints left & right that there aren't enough minority (but that only means "black") coaches the way it is.
          Now they fire one of the few in D1?

That ain't gonna go over well with Jesse & Brother Al.
          Has Jesse spoken yet?

Comment

Gus Malzahn maybe?
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

Phillip Dorsett confirmed to me on FB that he WILL NOT decommit....YESSSSSS!!!!!!

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
              The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
              Newton
              South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
              Barely literate +5 swagger
              Thief +15 swagger
              Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
              Big, average speed -3 swagger
              Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
              Total Swagger: 62
              ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

He did a nice job cleaning up the program as Robert Marve was the only arrest (I believe). But as DG said, 28-22 is just not good enough in Miami.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                  Gus Malzahn maybe?
                  I think he deserves a shot somewhere. Miami is not a bad place to get that shot.

Gruden would be another good one. He's a really good football coach and his enthusiasm would translate well into building a program. He's certainly hung out in Florida quite a bit the past nine years. Would not be a good hire if he was planning on coaching in the NFL again though and I really think that's probably where his heart lies.

Think they need to bring in someone who is a cultural fit too though. Get them playing tough, fast, and nasty again. Hopefully they can do that and stay as clean as they have been because college football is better when Miami is a good program.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Jimmy Johnson is still like 30 years younger than Paterno right?

Comment

Edsall. naooo
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

He's going to become a great DC again.
                        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                          You guys are gonna be sad when Rich Rodriguez is announced as the next head coach of Miami.
                          He'd be a decent coach in the overrated ACC - Rich Rod just can't play in the Big Ten's sandbox. I agree that they should be able to do a little better, though.

I liked Shannon, but a change is understandable. They also have to decide what they'r going to do at QB. Jacory Harris isn't the future of this team.
                          Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                            He'd be a decent coach in the overrated ACC - Rich Rod just can't play in the Big Ten's sandbox. I agree that they should be able to do a little better, though.

I liked Shannon, but a change is understandable. They also have to decide what they'r going to do at QB. Jacory Harris isn't the future of this team.
                            I actually think Rodriguez could do well at Miami. But I don't think the Miami fans on the board would be too happy after the last three seasons at Michigan. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post

They have another top prospect coming in at QB so if they can keep him on board through the coaching change that would help.

I hate to joke about this but I said Miami could be a program he would come back too....Pete Carroll, i really think the guy's heart is in college football and Miami is the east coast version of USC....long shot indeed but i could see it happening lol.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagagad View Post
                                There is no way he would leave this early but Dan Mullen would be a great hire.
                                Mullen definitely would. He's making chicken feed at Miss State. There's talk that he might be a candidate at Minnesota, let alone a bigger program (although Minnesota will arguably pay their coach more than Miami).

There were rumors that if Shannon were fired he'd be a candidate at Minnesota. I REALLY hope this isn't the case.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information