Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Randy Shannon Fired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I don't really understand how they had to move on. They just gave him an extension so up to this year they had to be satisfied with how he was doing. And even though you could argue they should've won certain games anyway, if Jacory didn't get hurt I think they would've went 9-3. So how do you fire a coach who could've went 10-3 (if they won their bowl game) if the starting QB didn't get hurt and they had to go to a true frosh.

    As far as a replacement, I think they need to get a big time coach. Shannon was the guy who cleaned up the mess and got the program back on track. Now they need a guy who can get all those talented players to perform up to their potential.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Jelephant87 View Post
      I don't really understand how they had to move on. They just gave him an extension so up to this year they had to be satisfied with how he was doing. And even though you could argue they should've won certain games anyway, if Jacory didn't get hurt I think they would've went 9-3. So how do you fire a coach who could've went 10-3 (if they won their bowl game) if the starting QB didn't get hurt and they had to go to a true frosh.

      As far as a replacement, I think they need to get a big time coach. Shannon was the guy who cleaned up the mess and got the program back on track. Now they need a guy who can get all those talented players to perform up to their potential.
      Contract extensions are often done simply to help recruiting. If the buyout stays the same (and in this case it appears it has), then it's basically meaningless.


      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        Mullen definitely would. He's making chicken feed at Miss State. There's talk that he might be a candidate at Minnesota, let alone a bigger program (although Minnesota will arguably pay their coach more than Miami).

        There were rumors that if Shannon were fired he'd be a candidate at Minnesota. I REALLY hope this isn't the case.
        If he would, then he should be their guy. I think he will win a national championship somewhere.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Mullen definitely would. He's making chicken feed at Miss State. There's talk that he might be a candidate at Minnesota, let alone a bigger program (although Minnesota will arguably pay their coach more than Miami).

          There were rumors that if Shannon were fired he'd be a candidate at Minnesota. I REALLY hope this isn't the case.
          Poetic justice for all the hating you've been doing on the program.

          sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • #35
            I think Shannon's a great fit somewhere other than Miami. It just wasn't working down there for him. They couldn't get the offense going.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by etk View Post
              Poetic justice for all the hating you've been doing on the program.
              What you call "hating", most people would call reality.


              Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

              Comment


              • #37
                Per Orlando Sentinel writer:


                Before every Monday night game, ESPN announcers Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski and Jon Gruden held a "chalk talk" luncheon with reporters and members of the community in which they share their perspectives on the upcoming game.

                Gruden, of course, has become a hot name in several cities where coaching searches are expected at the end of the season. That includes San Francisco. Unfortunately, it will be difficult to ask Gruden's his thoughts on the 49ers. Monday's "chalk talk" has been cancelled.

                -----------------------------------------------------------

                Sacramento Bee reporting that Jon Gruden is "off limits" with reporters for his gig at MNF

                blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archive...on-iffy-ne.html
                "According to a UM source, former NFL coach Jon Gruden initiated contact with the university to express his desire for the job and that the interest in mutual. Hocutt said there's no timeline on the hire and that money will not be an issue in the selection."

                http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/u...,5548389.story
                @Manny_Navarro
                Manny Navarro
                Hearing strong chatter Jon Gruden may have agreed to become #UM's coach. Nothing confirmed officially yet.
                Manny Navarro is the Canes beat writer for the Miami Herald
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                Comment


                • #38
                  I really think Gruden could be a GREAT college coach. He has a lot of Pete Carroll in him. Not sure he's done with the NFL quite yet though.

                  R.I.P. Junior Seau

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    I really think Gruden could be a GREAT college coach. He has a lot of Pete Carroll in him. Not sure he's done with the NFL quite yet though.
                    I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but it would be a great hire if true imo. Immediately becomes one of the more relevant college coaches in the country.
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I hope the Gruden rumors are true. I think he would be an awesome recruiter.

                      Sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Gruden would be a dream hire. I think just the kinda coach to get Jacory's ass in the film room, and whip most of the gusy into shape. Plus with his NFL pedigree could see alot more recruits commiting. Fingers Crossed.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I cant wait to see film of Gruden ripping on kids at practice. That'll be ******* hilarious.

                          Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Cool thing would be to see you guys produce some quarterbacks again. It's been awhile since Miami had a legit quarterback prospect.

                            R.I.P. Junior Seau

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Oh ****, we've got links and dollars now.

                              http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-at-Miami.html

                              If Jon Gruden indeed leaves ESPN’s Monday Night Football booth, it may not be for an NFL head coaching job after all.

                              According to Lake Lewis of Sports Journey Broadcast Network on his Twitter page, the former Oakland Raiders and Tampa Bay Bucs head coach will take over for the dismissed Randy Shannon at Miami.


                              The reported deal would be worth roughly $3 million per season.

                              Lewis cited a credible source for the news in another Tweet:

                              My scoop on Gruden to UM is from a credible source I respect who is a former ESPN radio guy and also another scoop is a UM great. No lies here...

                              Whether or not the report is true, there’s no question that Miami’s administration is looking to make a splash with this hire, and Gruden would give the Hurricanes a fiery, offensive leader — essentially the opposite of the ousted Shannon.

                              It obviously seems to be too soon for Miami to have a replacement for Shannon set in stone, and the 'Canes are expected to have a thorough national search. But at the very least, could Gruden be the top contender for the opening?
                              It's still sources and scoops, but this looks to have some weight.

                              R.I.P. Junior Seau

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Damn. I was hoping Miami would honor his contract and keep Radio for four more years.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information