No announcement yet.

Randy Shannon Fired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they truely want to bring the excitement back to Miami I'd have to go with Gus Malzahn, he IMO is the best coaching option out there. The guy is a genious and by going to Miami who can get any recruit that they want, his offense could only get more scary.

Miami just needs to get some swagger back, its weird cause Shannon was on those teams that made Miami become the "U" but he never got his players to to play with that attitude. That is one of the reasons they brought him in and 28-24 W-L in that program with talent that comes there every year, let alone playing in the ACC which is no longer a powerhouse (prob the 5th best these days behing SEC, Big Ten, Pac 10, and Big 12) that is unexceptable.

Comment

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...i-shannonfired

Speculation has centered on Mike Leach, Mark Richt, Tommy Tuberville and Gruden—each of whom would be a splashy get
      Pure speculation at this point but I want no part of Mike Leach.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Mark Richt
        I hope Miami wasn't planning on ever winning a big game again.

Comment

Canes fans should be wary of "confirmed info" at this time. I remember last year there was probably four different coaches "confirmed" to be Tennessee's next coach before Derek Dooley actually got the gig.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
            http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...i-shannonfired

Pure speculation at this point but I want no part of Mike Leach.
            Leach has experience going to a school in a huge recruiting state and building a competitive team. And his offenses are fun to watch

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              Leach has experience going to a school in a huge recruiting state and building a competitive team. And his offenses are fun to watch
              No doubt he is an offensive genius and you make a great point about his experience recruiting in Texas. I guess I would just prefer somebody who cares a little bit more about defense than Leach does. He also seems like a douch to me.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                No doubt he is an offensive genius and you make a great point about his experience recruiting in Texas. I guess I would just prefer somebody who cares a little bit more about defense than Leach does. He also seems like a douch to me.
                A lot of coaches can come off as douches...I'd almost prefer that to someone too easy going though. His intensity matches what you expect out of a Miami program at least.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                  Exactly. Plus he doesn't seem to be suited to going out and kissing the asses of 16-18 year old kids in order for them to come to play for him.

All around a poor fit.
                  Nick Saben doesn't look like a guy who kisses ass

Comment

Richt, Malzahn and Leech aren't being considered. Shalala hates Leech, he was interviewed when Shannon was hired and Shalala wants no part of him. Whoever is hired has to already have been a HC in the NFL or college, so no Malzahn.

Apparently four different guys jumped the gun last night on the Gruden stuff, all with 4 different sources. Super weird situation. There have been discussions with him though, and it's far from over, him and Gary Patterson (though I don't think that has a chance) are the top two candidates at the moment. I think it ends up being close to a Edsall/Mike Stoops level guy though.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by Complex View Post
                      Yeah but he can show off his championship rings and win people over with the promise of more to come. Gruden has never even been coach at the college level before.

Comment

Tuberville is a name being tossed around now as well...

Follow Me on Twitter!
                        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Complex View Post
                          He has a proven collegiate track record. I'm sure he had to scramble for recruits back in the day.

And the point more goes to that Gruden is getting paid nicely to sit in a booth one day a week. With some nominal work during the week. For roughly half of a year. It's also one of the premier jobs in that profession.

Getting paid well to do something easy, vs getting paid lots to do something very hard, that he may end up being a failure at, is his decision basis.

I would sit in the booth and watch my kids grow up.

Comment

A big name coach needs to be brought in. The program is headed in the right direction, they just need a face

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                              A big name coach needs to be brought in. The program is headed in the right direction, they just need a face
                              Miami is one of the few programs that doesn't need a face. Jimmy Johnson wasn't well known at all when he came in, neither was Dennis Erickson.

What Miami needs is someone who knows how to actually coach a football team. The recruiting is going to be there no matter what.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                Miami is one of the few programs that doesn't need a face. Jimmy Johnson wasn't well known at all when he came in, neither was Dennis Erickson.

What Miami needs is someone who knows how to actually coach a football team. The recruiting is going to be there no matter what.
                                As a Canes fan, I totally agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information