No announcement yet.

Randy Shannon Fired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO Mullen would be the best fit for them. Hes recruited Florida and he has the experience of recruiting the south now being at MSU. Hes turned the Miss St program around and i think he would be a great fit there.

I would love to see Gruden in the college game....the thing that concerns me with him is idk if hes too advanced for these kids or not? Would he be able to relate to college kids or would he be talking over their heads?

Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

I think Gruden would be fine, if he can explain things to the casual fan he should be able to make sense of it to kids who should live and breath football.

I think a superbowl ring should have the same sort of pull with recruits as a NC does. I think he would be a great get for Miami as he actually would bring some swagger.

I liked Shannon, seemed like a nice guy but he really seemed to lack any kind of fire and passion. Miami have to be one of the most passionless teams over the last 5 or so years which is a massive contrast to the great teams from the start of the decade who were very much loud, brash and in your face.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

apparently gruden close to deal again.

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1158672

and apparently his brother jay gruden will be offensive coordinater.
        Last edited by critesy; 11-30-2010, 09:47 PM.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

He should take the job. Makes sense for both sides. I'm extremely excited about the state of quarterbacks at Miami if he does too. Will be so refreshing to see someone actually make a quarterback a better player rather than just run one read spread and such.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

^ You sold yet on the rumors dg?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

theres gotta be some reason as to why so many different people are breaking this story.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                    dibs on sig/avy version of this if the news becomes official

Comment

• Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                      Tuberville is a name being tossed around now as well...
                      yes, please, **** Tech over.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I hope we get Gruden but if we don't we should go after Jim Harbaugh followed by Dan Mullen.

Comment

• Harbaugh and Mullen aren't interested (Mullen is supposed to get paaaaaaaid by MSU soon), would probably look at Golden/Stoops/Edsall if Gruden falls through.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

• I think Rod Marinelli would be an excellent choice.

Comment

• Marinelli wouldn't be good at stroking the egos of 18 year old kids. He's perfect for what he's doing.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                Marinelli wouldn't be good at stroking the egos of 18 year old kids. He's perfect for what he's doing.
                                As ghastly as it might seem, given the way he has our defense back to Superbowl form, he might be a HC candidate in the NFL again before long. I think people will see the job he's doing here and realize how badly Millen was hamstringing him in Detroit.

Anyways, back on topic, it sounds like if Gruden wants the job, it's his to lose at this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information