Randy Shannon Fired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    As ghastly as it might seem, given the way he has our defense back to Superbowl form, he might be a HC candidate in the NFL again before long. I think people will see the job he's doing here and realize how badly Millen was hamstringing him in Detroit.

Anyways, back on topic, it sounds like if Gruden wants the job, it's his to lose at this time.
    I was being sarcastic about hiring Marinelli. But I do think that he got a very raw deal in Detroit. Matt Millen is five IQ points the wrong way from being functionally reetarded.

Comment

• I'm possibly the only one who thinks this but Gruden would not be a good hire. Coaching NFL and college is not the same thing. In fact the opposite attributes can be beneficial in either case.

Vanilla offenses where you do the same highly effective thing over and over again work awesome with 19 year old college players. Not so in the NFL. Can Gruden make his offense more simple..does he even know how to do this? Isn't this the guy who couldn't trust young QBs? We don't know he can develop young QBs.

He should be able to recruit with his SB ring. The ring he won with a team built by someone else. But so could Charlie Weis.

Hire someone who has shown he can coach in college.

Comment

• I really wish Tony Dungy or Herm Edwards would use their mentor talents to coach college kids.

If Dungy were to coach Miami, his recruiting classes would be historic.
        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler View Post
          I really wish Tony Dungy or Herm Edwards would use their mentor talents to coach college kids.

If Dungy were to coach Miami, his recruiting classes would be historic.
          And yet you would have the softest bunch of players ever.

Comment

• Shannon is a Dungy type coach, just nowhere near as good of a head coach.

Gruden's been studying the college game the past few years, spent a ton of time with Oregon's offense and learned about recruiting from Bama (eek). He's definitely a huge risk as a head coach, but Miami is trying to win championships, can't do that playing it safe. Getting a great staff around him (which is what is being discussed now apparently, Gruden's contract is done) is huge. His brother Jay is likely to be the OC, but no idea about the rest of the staff (other than Leavitt won't be the DC).

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

• We'll see I guess. It is encouraging that he spent time around the Oregon offense.

Mullen would be the better hire imo.

Comment

• You guys can have Rich Rodriguez for a three-star prospect to be named later. Fair deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                  You guys can have Rich Rodriguez for a three-star prospect to be named later. Fair deal?
                  You should offer them a three-star prospect to take Rich Rod away from you. Get a little NBA style trade going where you pay a team to take a player with a bad contract away....

Comment

You should offer them a three-star prospect to take Rich Rod away from you. Get a little NBA style trade going where you pay a team to take a player with a bad contract away....
                    That's a good point. It's tough to pick, though, seeing as how nearly all of UM's prospects are 3*.

Comment

• Da U AD meeting with Gruden today.

Guess this isn't over yet...

Comment

• So does he do better than Charlie Wiess or worse?

Everyone thought his offense was going to dominate college but it didn't. He mad it to plain and simple so the Qbs could understand it, but then defenses were able to figure it out as well. Also not to mention that their defense sucked forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                          So does he do better than Charlie Wiess or worse?

Everyone thought his offense was going to dominate college but it didn't. He mad it to plain and simple so the Qbs could understand it, but then defenses were able to figure it out as well. Also not to mention that their defense sucked forever.
                          Question will be how Gruden does recruiting and coaching up college kids. Weiss could recruit, and he could call plays, but he couldn't develop talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
                            Question will be how Gruden does recruiting and coaching up college kids. Weiss could recruit, and he could call plays, but he couldn't develop talent.
                            He could recruit...

Comment

• Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
                              Flash his Superbowl Ring, talk about his connection to the NFL and how he'll run a system that gets you prepared for it...not a hard sell really.

Comment

Flash his Superbowl Ring, talk about his connection to the NFL and how he'll run a system that gets you prepared for it...not a hard sell really.
                                Yup. Also, consider that he has lived in Florida for pretty much his entire life. His recruiting classes will be ridiculous.

I'm with Dagagad, though. The only quarterback Gruden ever trusted to run his offense was 4953904850 year old Rich Gannon. He loved grooming young QBs, but he hated playing them. We'll see if he can strike the balance to simplify his system enough for a teenager to understand while still making it effective.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information