Randy Shannon Fired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    I'm with Dagagad, though. The only quarterback Gruden ever trusted to run his offense was 4953904850 year old Rich Gannon. He loved grooming young QBs, but he hated playing them. We'll see if he can strike the balance to simplify his system enough for a teenager to understand while still making it effective.
    That's why I didn't want him in Dallas. I saw this as a big problem which he always seemed to take with him. I remember at one point he had like 4 young QB's on the Bucs roster didn't he? Not knowing who he wanted to play at any given time instead of finding 1 guy to go with.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      That's why I didn't want him in Dallas. I saw this as a big problem which he always seemed to take with him. I remember at one point he had like 4 young QB's on the Bucs roster didn't he? Not knowing who he wanted to play at any given time instead of finding 1 guy to go with.
      It seemed like every year he had to get someone new to play with. When he first went to Tampa, they had Brad Johnson doing well and a solid backup in Shaun King....he decided he needs a project and brings in Rob Johnson.

And drafts Chris Simms

And trades for the rights to retired Jake Plummer

And drafts Gradkowski

And drafts Josh Johnson

And in Oakland, he was there to draft Tuiasosopo.

He's like a guy who always needs a new project. I don't know what he'd do if he found a real franchise QB.

Comment

• Well to be fair to Gruden, none of those guys ever turned into anything, so you can't really blame him for wanting to try again.

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
          Well to be fair to Gruden, none of those guys ever turned into anything, so you can't really blame him for wanting to try again.
          It might also be an indictment of his coaching

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
            Well to be fair to Gruden, none of those guys ever turned into anything, so you can't really blame him for wanting to try again.
            But how much of it was on Gruden too? He had to identify the player he wants, bring them in, coach them up.....then he wants to move on right away the next year. Never satisfied.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              But how much of it was on Gruden too? He had to identify the player he wants, bring them in, coach them up.....then he wants to move on right away the next year. Never satisfied.
              Simms was a late 3rd round pick
              Tuiasosopo a late 2nd round pick
              Johnson a 5th round pick
              Gradkowski was a 6th round pick.

It's not like he was handed top talents at the position. Late 2nd round QBs rarely pan out and it only gets less and less likely from there. Simms was actually kinda decent before becoming the worst QB in the NFL. I just think they didn't have the talent to cut it in the NFL, whether Gruden or Jesus himself was coaching them.

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Gruden thought he could make every quarterback into Rich Gannon. He never picked one and went with it either, that was his main problem, but he actually made all of those guys look pretty decent for a period of time. Chris Simms fell off the face of the earth post-Gruden. Luke McCown was another fascination of his too that no one has mentioned.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Ugh. Its looking more and more like Gruden. I really think Miami are making a big mistake not trying to get Mullen. I hoe i'm wrong.

Comment

• Not so fast....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5871783

ESPN execs think there is no chance he goes. Usually I believe local journalists over ESPN, not this time though as Gruden would let ESPN break the story. I'd also be curious if his MNF contract lets him out for a college position.

Comment

• A Miami source told Schad the discussions were "exploratory" and that the "search continues."
                      It was exploratory a month ago when they were talking, they're talking numbers now. Not saying he's gonna be the coach, because the general feeling is swinging the other way today, but anything coming out about the search right now is crap.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

• Rapidly turning into a confusing story, and I think a lot of that has to do with ESPN and they're role in covering a major story involving an employee potentially breaching a contract agreement with them.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          Rapidly turning into a confusing story, and I think a lot of that has to do with ESPN and they're role in covering a major story involving an employee potentially breaching a contract agreement with them.
                          I question what his contract says as well, but that said if this story is going to break, ESPN is going to break it for once.

Comment

• Originally posted by MassNole View Post
                            I question what his contract says as well, but that said if this story is going to break, ESPN is going to break it for once.
                            Not necessarily. He might not be telling them anything.

Here's a bit about the contract;
                            "He's focused on getting better," said Williamson. "My feeling is Jon's in year two of a long term contract and we expect Jon to be on "Monday Night Football" and doing what he's been doing for a long time to come."
                            That's from an ESPN Exec. So he does indeed have a long contract with ESPN.
                            Last edited by ElectricEye; 12-01-2010, 07:14 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              Not necessarily. He might not be telling them anything.

Here's a bit about the contract;

That's from an ESPN Exec. So he does indeed have a long contract with ESPN.
                              Right, but I can guarantee you he as an out clause to leave to coach a NFL team. What I would question is what if he negotiated a clause for a top college program as well, my educated guess is probably not without paying a buyout.

Comment

• Gruden's not coming. No idea who is, just not gonna be Gruden.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information