Further Proof that Sagarin is Idiotic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further Proof that Sagarin is Idiotic

Alabama with 3 losses is ahead of every Big11 team? Absolute idiocy. An ELO ranking system barely works after 20 games. It certainly doesn't work after a mere 12. There is way too much bias and noise in these computer rankings.

Rk Team (Last Wk)
    1 Auburn (1)
    2 Oregon (2)
    3 Arkansas (6)
    4 Stanford (4)
    5 LSU (3)
    6 TCU (5)
    7 Oklahoma (16)
    8 Missouri (13)
    9 Alabama (8)
    10 Nebraska (12)
    11 Wisconsin (9)
    12 Texas A&M (14)
    13 Oklahoma State (10)
    14 Michigan State (15)
    15 Ohio State (11)
    16 Boise State (7)
    17 South Carolina (18)
    18 Nevada (22)
    19 Mississippi State (17)
    20 Utah (20)
    21 Arizona (19)
    22 Virginia Tech (21)
    23 Florida State (NR)
    24 Baylor (24)
    25 Texas Tech (25)
    Dropped out: Iowa

Others: Iowa (33), Michigan (34), Penn State (39), Northwestern (59)

How did tOSU drop 4 spots by beating UM 37-7?

Comment

Originally posted by redbills View Post
      How did tOSU drop 4 spots by beating UM 37-7?
      It's because his system is idiocy.

The explanation is that a bunch of OSU's opponent's suck and lost yesterday.

Comment

Stanford would whoop on Arkansas.

Comment

Oh, and a Pac10, Big12, or SEC team takes up 28 of the 30 top spots for SOS. Idiocy. (ND at 22 and UM at 30).

The OOC schedule differences between the BCS conferences is not that great.

It's a complete and utter crock of dog poop, and it shows how broken his system is.

Comment

I would take Bama to beat every Big 10 team

They were a hair from beating the #2 team in the country after all, even in spite of choking for the entire second half

Comment

I would take Wisconsin to beat every SEC team, two can play.

Texas Am and Oklahoma State ahead of MSU and OSU is ********.

Comment

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post

They were a hair from beating the #2 team in the country after all, even in spite of choking for the entire second half
                Anyone that is a Tony Pike fan needs their head examined. Your little brother complex is showing.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                  Stanford would whoop on Arkansas.
                  Wisconsin would too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Some of the systems weigh SOS more heavily than others.

There's a reason that the highest/lowest are dropped, the rest are averaged, and it's only one component in the BCS.

I'm no expert on the math behind ELO (havn't really studied it), but I think you can only be ranked high if you beat other highly ranked teams or your losses are only against quality teams. You don't benefit at all from beating someone ranked lower than you. Because of that, the non-conference schedules are crucial in determining initial scores for teams in your conference.

Comment

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post

Alabama should be undefeated and this is easily the worst coaching job of Saban's tenure.

I'd take Boise State to beat a number of teams ahead of them, but they lost and are gonna go down as such and Alabama should as well, especially considering how overrated the SEC is this year.

Florida was taken apart by Florida State and they were a game away from representing the SEC East in their title game.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                        Alabama should be undefeated and this is easily the worst coaching job of Saban's tenure.

I'd take Boise State to beat a number of teams ahead of them, but they lost and are gonna go down as such and Alabama should as well, especially considering how overrated the SEC is this year.

Florida was taken apart by Florida State and they were a game away from representing the SEC East in their title game.
                        What has Alabama done this season to give any proof that they should be undefeated?
                        Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                          What has Alabama done this season to give any proof that they should be undefeated?
                          The team that went undefeated last year came back almost completely intact and was the #1 team in the country without question coming into this year and the games they've lost... they gave them away.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                            I'd take Boise State to beat a number of teams ahead of them
                            Eh... I guess "1" is a number since MSU's 8th...
                            I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                              Eh... I guess "1" is a number since MSU's 8th...
                              So you don't think they can beat TCU, since they did that last year?

I think Boise State would beat Ohio State, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas A&M, and Nebraska and anyone I have a good shot against the other teams mentioned.

Wisconsin and Alabama would give them the most trouble purely on their size

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information