TCU joins the Big East in 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
    nice, meaning the only chance for rutgers to win the big east has to be...next year. WHOOO!
    They had two Earthbound Gods in the backfield a few years ago and couldn't do it.....they missed their chance Scotty.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Because it's just one year, and even this year they couldn't hang. Wait, I'm sorry, did you say borderline top 25 team? Are you ******* serious?

Sagarin rankings for the last few years.

2010:
      Big East Average: 61
      TCU: 4
      Central Florida: 51
      Villanova: 72
      FIU: 103

2009:
      Big East: 39
      TCU: 4
      Central Florida: 71
      Villanova: 30
      FIU: 134

2008:
      Big East: 43
      TCU: 7
      Central Florida: 110
      Villanova: 63
      FIU: 113

Need I go on?

Honestly I don't think they should add Central Florida either. Villanova is arguably the better football program already, and you wouldn't need to add them for any other sports.
      I'm not saying FIU is a top-25 team now. I'm saying in two years. I think their progression as a football program will be very similar to that of USF's. And Villanova is not a better team than UCF.

Originally posted by SolidGold
      Bortlezzzzzzz
      Originally posted by Monomach
      Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

If the Big East could add UCF as football only and they want Nova to keep the basketball schools there, it is a possibility they continue expanding. But it honestly doesn't make them much better. They just need their good programs (Pitt, WVU, Syracuse,) to pick it up. Maybe UConn or Rutgers emerges and becomes relevant and they can get back.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

All this conference changing feels so collegiate! How long until the conferences start taking on sponsors in their name?

"The Big East presented by Chase Bank"

"The Ford Tough SEC"

How long until the Texas Longhorns and USC Trojans begin the wave of college teams leaving the NFL.

Seriously though, teams chaning conferences like this is helping make college football feel more and more like pure pro football.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
            All this conference changing feels so collegiate! How long until the conferences start taking on sponsors in their name?

"The Big East presented by Chase Bank"

"The Ford Tough SEC"

How long until the Texas Longhorns and USC Trojans begin the wave of college teams leaving the NFL.

Seriously though, teams chaning conferences like this is helping make college football feel more and more like pure pro football.
            Yeah, I hate when all those NFL teams switch divisions! :P

Follow Me on Twitter!
            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Would be nice if the MWC could pick up SMU. June Jones has that program on the rise!

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Would be nice if the MWC could pick up SMU. June Jones has that program on the rise!
                June Jones is a great coach. Why haven't any of the bigger schools gone after him?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                  If the Big East could add UCF as football only and they want Nova to keep the basketball schools there, it is a possibility they continue expanding. But it honestly doesn't make them much better. They just need their good programs (Pitt, WVU, Syracuse,) to pick it up. Maybe UConn or Rutgers emerges and becomes relevant and they can get back.
                  and I think RU and Uconn can do just that. UConn looked impressive at times this year and Rutgers is unbelivably young, like it's insane how young we are. So who knows.
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                    and I think RU and Uconn can do just that. UConn looked impressive at times this year and Rutgers is unbelivably young, like it's insane how young we are. So who knows.
                    Ehh that's not an excuse for how we played this year. Schiano and staff ruined the season with the terrible offense we run. Also, the defense which was supposed to be a very good unit this year looks like a Pop Warner team. Things aren't looking up for us as much as they used too.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

This should end all of the talk about the MWC getting an automatic bid. This should also end the talk about the Big East losing the automatic bid.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                        June Jones is a great coach. Why haven't any of the bigger schools gone after him?
                        Maybe because he's old...? Not a real aggressive recruiter. His system/style definitely works though. If he had elite players in that system, they'd be a Top 10 year every year.

Comment

I know that it's not what this change is about but they're are going to get absolutely **** on in basketball.

Comment

any1 else think tcu will be the big easts new miami hurricanes?/dominating team
                            Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

Originally posted by katnip View Post
                              any1 else think tcu will be the big easts new miami hurricanes?/dominating team
                              Let's not get crazy here. Miami had been winning national championships and tearing up top competition before joining the Big East.

TCU (or BSU) hasn't come close to doing either.

I do think TCU can come in be like VT in the ACC. Unspectacular but they win the conference a whole bunch. But that is probably even a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                                Yeah, I hate when all those NFL teams switch divisions! :P
                                Darn it! I meant to say "leaving for the NFL".

I blame Scott's forums. :\

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information