No announcement yet.

TCU joins the Big East in 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are a few choice quotes from TCU's AD Chris Del Conte from his press conference earlier today.

"Think about it. Geographically, the Cowboys play in the NFC East."

"the travel costs to go east are 'negligible' to the ones going west"

"eliminates the excuse that you're not in a BCS Conference, so why would you go there?"

"We went to the Fiesta last year, the Rose Bowl this year. I'll take on all comers. Let's go!"

"The (Big East) is a phenomenal football conference and they have nothing to be ashamed of."

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

Let's just count TCU as a Big East team for the BCS games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
        This is good stuff. And you also touch on why I can't stand BSU getting pollster love. I'm so glad TCU is stepping up a notch.
        The only thing is, if BSU could they would move up to an even better conference than the MWC. They would go to the Pac 10 if they had the admission requirements and what not. The MWC and the Pac 10 are really the only decent conferences they can join from a geographical view.

Its a bummer because this conference is now basically the WAC...BSU gained nothing now with the loss of Utah, TCU and BYU.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
          Here are a few choice quotes from TCU's AD Chris Del Conte from his press conference earlier today.

"Think about it. Geographically, the Cowboys play in the NFC East."
          The Cowboys have a filthy-rich owner, no budget and they only have one team, not 30.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
            Let's just count TCU as a Big East team for the BCS games this year.
            Would be nice so we could get another Big 12 team in there!

Follow Me on Twitter!
            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              The Cowboys have a filthy-rich owner, no budget and they only have one team, not 30.
              Yeah people are only looking at this through football. Imagine being USF basketball and playing in Syracuse Monday night and having a game in Fort Worth later that week or on Saturday. Obviously they'll try to avoid drastic scenarios like that, but one or two are bound to pop up with 17 teams. The Big East is a joke in football. I care more about this for basketball and it's so unnecessary.

Comment

Also, not only does TCU start Big East play in 2012 but they also start a home-and-home series with Oklahoma. In 2013 they start a home-and-home with LSU.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                  Would be nice so we could get another Big 12 team in there!
                  A&M did beat both teams in our conference championship... just sayin'

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Also, not only does TCU start Big East play in 2012 but they also start a home-and-home series with Oklahoma. In 2013 they start a home-and-home with LSU.
                    Oklahoma isn't home and home, just one game in 2012 @TCU.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                      A&M did beat both teams in our conference championship... just sayin'
                      It's that whole pesky getting blown out by Mizzou that kills ya!

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                        Oklahoma isn't home and home, just one game in 2012 @TCU.
                        Thought it was a home-and-home. I know LSU is. 2013 @ LSU, 2014 @ TCU. They also play Virginia in 2012.

WHO DAT!

Comment

breaking news:

Boise State am crying.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Thought it was a home-and-home. I know LSU is. 2013 @ LSU, 2014 @ TCU. They also play Virginia in 2012.
                            Yup, also at home against Virginia.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              You're right, you don't get it. The Big East is better than the MWC minus TCU, Utah, and BYU. They were better regardless, but they are clearly better now.

There's an affinity for the Mountain West on this board that simply doesn't jive with reality. This is clearly a no-brainer for TCU.
                              Sorry man I just did not get it. No need to blow up like that. If the Big East also got Houston it would be really good for them too.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                The Big East is better than the MWC minus TCU, Utah, and BYU. They were better regardless, but they are clearly better now.
                                They weren't better regardless.

Nevada, Fresno State, Boise State, TCU, Utah, BYU. Then you have Air Force and Wyoming who have a good year here and there. A rumor that the WMC wanted Houston as a final member . . .

If the Big East played a "BigEast-MWC Challenge" (like the Big 10 and ACC does in basketball), the MWC would win, hands down.
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information