Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Gameday Thread: Championship Week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dannyz View Post
    If Oregon jumps on them early the game is over. The Duck won't let them come back to beat them like the Tide did.
    ??? dont know how you say this, theyve come back multiple times this year.


    RIP, Sean Taylor.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by critesy View Post
      ??? dont know how you say this, theyve come back multiple times this year.
      I just dont see Oregon's offense dying down so much that Auburn will be able to come back from an early deficit.

      Oregon's offense is a little bit of a different breed.

      Edit: i do not think either team will jump out on the other, i think this is going to be a shootout.
      Last edited by SickwithIt1010; 12-05-2010, 10:24 PM.



      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

      Comment


      • i think this game is going to be fun as **** and i'm quite excited for it
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

        Comment


        • Anyone else really intrigued by the Independence bowl? There might not be a single pass thrown all game!
          I'm a state.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Michigan View Post
            Anyone else really intrigued by the Independence bowl? There might not be a single pass thrown all game!
            battle of the triple option.



            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

            Comment


            • Damn. What a matchup in the MAACO Las Vegas Bowl. WHAT A MATCHUP.

              Comment


              • Neither Oregon nor Auburn have a defense. Auburn has a super stud DL that will be the biggest difference in the game.

                Auburn by two TDs in a high scoring affair.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                  The thing that makes me sick is that TCU's offense would just destroy both Auburn and Oregon's defenses...
                  TCU is going to get butt-hammered by Wisconsin. Their OL is very skilled and huge (average weight 320lbs) vs TCU's tiny and fast DL (average weight 265 lbs).

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                    Neither Oregon nor Auburn have a defense.
                    That's not really true. Oregon is 14th in scoring D, 16th in rushing D and 56th in passing D, though that's inflated because teams have to throw to keep up. They're tied for sixth nationally in yards per pass attempt, fourth in interceptions, tied for 14th in pass TDs given up, sixth in opposing passer rating, 14th in rush yards per carry against, 25th in total D, 10th in third-down percentage, tied for 11th in TFL, tied for 21st in sacks, tied for 20th in forced fumbles and fourth in fumbles recovered. That's actually a pretty strong defense.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      That's not really true. Oregon is 14th in scoring D, 16th in rushing D and 56th in passing D, though that's inflated because teams have to throw to keep up. They're tied for sixth nationally in yards per pass attempt, fourth in interceptions, tied for 14th in pass TDs given up, sixth in opposing passer rating, 14th in rush yards per carry against, 25th in total D, 10th in third-down percentage, tied for 11th in TFL, tied for 21st in sacks, tied for 20th in forced fumbles and fourth in fumbles recovered. That's actually a pretty strong defense.
                      You can go on all of those stats. I'll go on the games that I've seen. And I see a small, fast defense. Not a bad one, but not a good one. Auburn will roll right over them.

                      I will be pulling for the Ducks, but I just don't see them stopping Auburn's attack at all.

                      Comment


                      • Both teams have really good 2nd half defenses (partly because their offenses start to pull away, but still). Oregon's 4th quarter scoring defense is insane (as is Auburn's the past few weeks).

                        That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                          You can go on all of those stats. I'll go on the games that I've seen.
                          So, you're just going to ignore facts and use a false opinion? Hooray, beer!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                            So, you're just going to ignore facts and use a false opinion? Hooray, beer!
                            not to mention that Oregon gets killed in the time of possession every week, because they score so fast. They are bound to give up some yards somewhere right?

                            If Auburn starts like they did against South Carolina i see them having a shot, but if they start slow like they notoriously done, i dont see them stickin with the ducks.



                            Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                              That's not really true. Oregon is 14th in scoring D, 16th in rushing D and 56th in passing D, though that's inflated because teams have to throw to keep up. They're tied for sixth nationally in yards per pass attempt, fourth in interceptions, tied for 14th in pass TDs given up, sixth in opposing passer rating, 14th in rush yards per carry against, 25th in total D, 10th in third-down percentage, tied for 11th in TFL, tied for 21st in sacks, tied for 20th in forced fumbles and fourth in fumbles recovered. That's actually a pretty strong defense.
                              True, Oregon's stats are bit skewed b/c you're talking about an offense that averaged > 50 points/gm. until the near upset by Cal 3 wks ago. Oregon had a habit of jumping out early on opponents. This game could be a shootout offensively, one of those last possession wins it kind of games. If they use SEC refs, look for it to be protracted into OT.

                              Capital One Bowl on Jan. 1st had 1st pick over the Cotton Bowl, Cap. 1 already had Sparty so they picked my Tide for Saban to go against his old team.

                              I was already getting scared of Von Miller in the Cotton if Bama played TAMU, but the Aggies get LSU instead. After what Miller & company did to Gilbert & Texas on Thxgvg, imagine the havoc with Jefferson & the Bayou Bengals.
                              Last edited by LizardState; 12-06-2010, 11:05 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                                So, you're just going to ignore facts and use a false opinion? Hooray, beer!
                                A "false opinion"? How is my opinion "false"? Hooray, beer!

                                If you want to base your argument on stats of a defense that excelled in the 2nd half of games due to the rendering of the opponent's offense one dimensional (i.e. pass to catch up), then, fine.

                                I'm assuming that Auburn isn't going to be rendered one dimensional, at all. And that Oregon is going to have some serious problems with oversized linemen. And a running QB that can also pass.

                                I saw this story last year with a team that wasn't as good as Auburn. Yeah,yeah, different teams, different season. Still the same system and same undersized DL for Oregon.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information