College Gameday Thread: Championship Week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
    I saw this story last year with a team that wasn't as good as Auburn. Yeah,yeah, different teams, different season. Still the same system and same undersized DL for Oregon.
    Because Oregon's 2009 defense was in the same stratosphere as the 2010 defense, right? Oh, well, it's Oregon, so they have to be the same. Sound logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Because Oregon's 2009 defense was in the same stratosphere as the 2010 defense, right? Oh, well, it's Oregon, so they have to be the same. Sound logic.
      My logic is that I think they get steamrolled.

The same logic that I used to assay that when UM was OMFG tearing up every offensive stat in the book early this season when they were undefeated and I thought that they would be lucky to get to .500 in the Big10. It's all about the competition, and I simply don't think Oregon has played a very good offense this season. Nor have they played a decent defense.

Past statistics are interesting, but do not determine the future wrt game outcomes.

It's about matchups and the ability for a unit to execute their gameplan. And I do not think Oregon's various units match up well against Auburn.

I think Auburn has the talent to shut down TheMichael. And if that happens, I don't think the rest of Oregon's offense can pick up the slack.

I also don't think Oregon can stop a giant, fast, running QB that can also pass. That also has a pretty damn good complementary cast.

I could be plenty wrong, that's why they play the games. Going down the statistical wormhole to determine outcome is not an approach I agree with. If that is your MO, fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
        I just dont see Oregon's offense dying down so much that Auburn will be able to come back from an early deficit.

[b]Oregon's offense is a little bit of a different breed.[/b[

Edit: i do not think either team will jump out on the other, i think this is going to be a shootout.
        Like the 15 they put up against Cal? They don't have Cam Newton. I expect Cam to bulldoze oregon's defense all day
        Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
          Aggies get LSU instead. After what Miller & company did to Gilbert & Texas on Thxgvg, imagine the havoc with Jefferson & the Bayou Bengals.
          I'm the only one who probably cares about/read this.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

not to mention that Oregon gets killed in the time of possession every week, because they score so fast. They are bound to give up some yards somewhere right?

If Auburn starts like they did against South Carolina i see them having a shot, but if they start slow like they notoriously done, i dont see them stickin with the ducks.
            Auburn is going to need to score quickly in the game I agree. Oregon has been outscored in the first quarter if you don't include their two shutouts against New Mexico and Portland State. Obviously the Ducks can play from behind like they have in the past, but Auburn needs to put points up before Oregon's offense starts rolling.

It should be a fun game to watch.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
              TCU is going to get butt-hammered by Wisconsin. Their OL is very skilled and huge (average weight 320lbs) vs TCU's tiny and fast DL (average weight 265 lbs).
              True, but TCU has Andy Dalton. Beat that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                Like the 15 they put up against Cal? They don't have Cam Newton. I expect Cam to bulldoze oregon's defense all day
                Ive used that argument before also, but the fact of the matter is that if you think Auburn can get behind early and expect to play catch up, it probably isnt going to happen.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                  True, but TCU has Andy Dalton. Beat that.
                  How about Scott Tolzien, who just won the Unitas award over Dalton.

Comment

Ive used that argument before also, but the fact of the matter is that if you think Auburn can get behind early and expect to play catch up, it probably isnt going to happen.
                    im also going to use this arguement. if you think oregon goes behind early and expect to play catch up, it probably isnt going to happen.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      How about Scott Tolzien, who just won the Unitas award over Dalton.
                      Screw the Unitas Award. Andy Dalton is a ginger.

Comment

• Originally posted by critesy View Post
                        im also going to use this arguement. if you think oregon goes behind early and expect to play catch up, it probably isnt going to happen.
                        Did i ever say that they would?

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                          Screw the Unitas Award. Andy Dalton is a ginger.
                          Not really helping your argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                            Not really helping your argument.
                            It does. Gingers are awesome.

Comment

• Alshon Jeffrey got 192 yds. & 2 TDs & Julio Jones got 199 yds. & a TD vs. the Auburn pass defense.

Those stats will not be lost on Chip Kelly's coaching staff preparing for this game.

Comment

• I don't think it will be as high scoring as we think. I think like 28-24 will be the final score. I think that Auburn will try to slow the game down and Cam might get the most carries he's had all season chipping away on the defense. Not a great showcase for his NFL talents but they are more concernced with the W.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information