2010 Heisman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
    I'm glad that 105 voters left him off their ballots entirely. At least some people still believe in college players being amateurs.
    Ya....those 105 voters were morons....its called being innocent until proven guilty. There is clearly not enough evidence to prove that Cam Newton did anything wrong. If there was he wouldn't have been eligible for the award and couldn't have been put down on any ballots.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
      Ya....those 105 voters were morons....its called being innocent until proven guilty. There is clearly not enough evidence to prove that Cam Newton did anything wrong. If there was he wouldn't have been eligible for the award and couldn't have been put down on any ballots.
      I feel the same way....but I also don't like that if a Heisman is taken away, it is just left vacant. Two vacant Heisman's? lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
        but wasn't it that they found that Daddy Newton definitely conspired to get paid for his son's services, just that they couldn't find enough evidence to rule that Cam was part of it to make him ineligible. Barry Bonds has never been suspended for steroids either.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
          but wasn't it that they found that Daddy Newton definitely conspired to get paid for his son's services, just that they couldn't find enough evidence to rule that Cam was part of it to make him ineligible. Barry Bonds has never been suspended for steroids either.
          I believe the money issue. The NCAA wants all of the big $$$$ that comes with letting a star player play in the Championship game and win a Heisman. If they suspend him, fewer people watch, they make less money in the end.

It's waaaaay too fishy for him to not have anything against him. But, as long as he's eligible and the NCAA says he is, he deserved the Heisman.

I just don't like it that if they take it away down the road, no one else gets it....

Comment

Hence the innocent until proven guilty. They couldn't prove Cam was guilty of anything....therefore those who didn't vote for him are ******* morons. I mean there are rumours of Ryan Mallet doing coke(I believe or something along these lines) doesn't mean that people shouldn't vote for him because of these rumours(and yes I recognize that the Cam rumours have more substance to them)

Edit- and regards to Barry Bonds....I'm pretty sure that there is solid proof to him doing steroids as he admitted that he did steroids in his testimony in the Balco case and whatnot.
            Last edited by Chucky; 12-11-2010, 09:55 PM.

Comment

My only point really is that the double standard is what's wrong, not just voting for Newton. There will be more than a few guys who don't go to the baseball HOF despite them not technically having any real evidence that they used steroids.

Comment

My only point really is that the double standard is what's wrong, not just voting for Newton. There will be more than a few guys who don't go to the baseball HOF despite them not technically having any real evidence that they used steroids.
                I mean....most of that major guys there realy is evidence. Can't think of a guy who isn't gonna make it in and doesnt have enough proof against them.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post

It's waaaaay too fishy for him to not have anything against him. But, as long as he's eligible and the NCAA says he is, he deserved the Heisman.
                  I agree. The NCAA has a lot more to lose if they declare him ineligible. I'm fine that he got the Heisman because he earned it on the field, but I'm not sure if he is going to keep it long term.

Also, I chuckled when Cam said something like "I thank my mom and dad for the things they do that no one ever sees."

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Did anyone else catch it when Cam said his parents were doing things in the background that nobody else realized to help him or something very similar to that?
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                      I agree. The NCAA has a lot more to lose if they declare him ineligible. I'm fine that he got the Heisman because he earned it on the field, but I'm not sure if he is going to keep it long term.

Also, I chuckled when Cam said something like "I thank my mom and dad for the things they do that no one ever sees."
                      Haha you beat me by a couple of seconds. I'm glad someone else noticed though, I couldn't believe he said that regardless of what his intentions were.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        Haha you beat me by a couple of seconds. I'm glad someone else noticed though, I couldn't believe he said that regardless of what his intentions were.
                        He needs to watch his words a little more up there. He should have just cried like Ingram.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Anyone else notice that Owen Marecic got THREE first place votes?

Comment

lol 7% of voters voted for cam, just not #1... wtf?!

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Props to Newton, though I don't agree with it.

He deserved for what he's done on the field, but I wouldn't have included him on my ballot due to all the scam investigations and all.

For that, Luck, Moore, James, CK and Denard are more deserving.

Comment

Originally posted by critesy View Post
                                lol 7% of voters voted for cam, just not #1... wtf?!
                                So you're saying every voter (or every voter that had him on their ballot) should have voted Cam #1?

Cam had a great year, but it's not like he deserved to be the first unanimous Heisman winner ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information